[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ultra portables are made for browsing the web >Ultra portables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170620194402.png (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170620194402.png
847KB, 1920x1080px
>Ultra portables are made for browsing the web
>Ultra portables are too weak for anything else
>People shit talk Chromebooks, for being the best web experience by far

I don't understand. If you want a lightweight portable machine, why is ChromeOS not the default choice?

x86 ChromeOS can do anything windows can through crouton, and it runs like a dream on web browsing.

My 2013 Pixel shits on my Desktop (i5-6600, 8GB RAM, RX480, SanDisk SSD) when it comes to web browsing.
>>
>why wouldn't you want botnetOS
>>
>>61071168
Then use ChromiumOS, you can decide on which.
>>
>>61071162
>previous gen dual core in the Surface Book beats a brand spanking new Quad Core on the latest macbook
What did they mean by this?
>>
Largely because to make ChromeOS useful you need a personal server or pay for monthly cloud access from someone else. Then there's the instability of crouton it's self, that when ever chromeOS updates, your chroot linux install is completely broken and you have to wait a day or two for the crouton update. And dualbooting is a bitch on a chromebook. Throw in the fact that companies are finally starting to throw in halfway decent hardware in Chromebooks, with quality build construction and it's taken a LONG time for people to really understand what they are for. They are NOT for the casual user. They are power user devices meant to be hacked and cracked.
>>
What's even the point of an ultrabook? Netbooks were called netbooks because they were so small that they were best at doing nothing but browsing the web, but at least you get a tiny little laptop to carry around with you, which has advantages. (Using on a school desk, for example.) Ultrabooks are normal-sized, (just thin,) you might as well get a good laptop.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.