[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /g/ protect itself from online fingerprinting? is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (981KB, 883x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
981KB, 883x1144px
how does /g/ protect itself from online fingerprinting? is it even possible to protect yourself completely?
>>
The only way to protect from fingerprinting is to use someone else's archive service and never post any text, ever.
>>
>>61048659
You protect yourself by not trying to protect yourself. Because then you show up on the radar.
>>
>>61048659
>possible to protect yourself?
No it's currently impossible. Because whatever fingerprint you got, everyone else will be unique. Ref: https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Currently every browser is pretty can be identified as unique, after you've taken GeoIP into account (people don't appear all over the world).

So first everyone would have to agree on some common set of variables to be "exposed" and make sure they are all identical. For obvious reasons, no browser vendor is interested in that since all the big ones are paid for by the companies that wants to run cool code in your browser and track you up the ass.
>>
>>61048855
i made this thread because i failed in the fingerprinting part of that test, specifically in Hash of canvas fingerprint (completely unique) test and System Fonts (one in 139500.33 people) for some obscure known only to god reason
>>
at the very least, what add ons should a person have on his browser to minimize exposure?
>>
>>61048919
Tested tons of extensions that's supposed to disable a lot of that. None of them worked very well. (Not even the EFF one.)

Canvas can be disabled, but worst is fonts, since they can be used to identify you even if you use different browsers from the same computer. (Currently unstoppable.)
Lots of people have a some odd font and together with monitor size and geoip, you don't need much more to attach the user to his cell phone number. (What everyone, including the NSA, use as a main label for an individual these days.)
>>
>>61049292
canvas has something to do with me using canavas blocker that was supposed to prevent canavas tracking, i admit i know dick about this but it took /g/'s word for it. when i disable it i get better results. my current setting is fake readout API if it means anything to you

fonts i have zero idea why this is happening to me. i never downloaded any unique font or touched their configuration at all
>>
>>61048659
Same way you hide yourself in a crowd. Don't look like you're hiding.
>>
File: 1359133151659.png (672KB, 926x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1359133151659.png
672KB, 926x1518px
>>61049425
> the best way to avoid the big brother's all seeing gaze is not to try to steer away from it
>>
>>61049425
>Thinking digital surveillance of digitial components is anything like human eyes watching analog pictures.
You're doing it wrong.

(But for shits and giggles I would like a randomizer-plugin that inserted small differences in every fingerprintable field, for every refresh, just to screw up their matching algorithms.)
>>
>>61048659
By constantly changing every "tracking" variable on a hardened system, such as Tails, or some LFS variant that runs in RAM and routes all traffic through a p2p network on some public WiFi with a spoofed MAC address; preferably cloning someone's iPhone's and doing it from afar with a long-range TP-Link antenna and Alfa adapter. Then change:
Network
MAC address
onion route/i2p route
Browser useragent
Screen resoltion (and browser resolution)
Typing speed
And allow literally nothing but images/css/html (not javascript). Do this entire process a few times a day and you're theoretically untrackable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.