[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal that mounting a fan on the side windows makes more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: r5-1b.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r5-1b.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
Is it normal that mounting a fan on the side windows makes more noise than a jet taking off? I think it's the honeycomb-like grid's fault, but if that's the case, why putting it there in the first place?
>>
>>61043080
Use front + bottom + back biggest size possible
>>
>>61043112

I already have a front intake + back exhaust, both 140mm, and I bought another one (Noctua NF-A14, 140mm). Everyone praised it for its quietness, but as soon as I popped it in, it seemed to be ina fucking airport. I tried unscrewing it from the side panel, and it was in fact quieter. Do these case designers know what the fuck they're doing? Also, I tried placing it on the bottom of the case, but it seems to be doing jackshit
>>
>>61043080
I think what's happening is the side panel isn't as rigid as the rest of the fan mounting areas, so the fan is probably causing a vibration. It would have been smart for the case maker to add some ribs to reinforce the panel with the fan mount.
>>
Dremel the honeycomb grill away, no meme.
>>
>>61043211

idk, the fan I bought even has silicone pads to absorb vibrations, I don't think that's the cause

>>61043304
I thought about doing so but my build is less than a month old, that ould mean waving goodbye to any form of warranty on the case
>>
>>61043080
You just bought a /g/ meme

>believing anything /g/ says

JUST
>>
>>61043080
Honestly, side fans are kinda dumb.Why not just add that fan to the front? That case has room for two in the front,right?
>>
>>61043174
>fell for the indian case fan meme
>>
>>61043400
>>61043461

I literally come here once in a very long while, I didn't know it is shilled here. I bought it cause i didn't want that gay ass windows, and I wanted it to be sleek, simple and reasonably priced

>>61043447
Yes, and I think that's what I'll do, but there's the HDD cage in the middle blocking the way of the bottom one, plus, I think the anti dust cover on the front panel greatly reduces the incoming airflow. Putting it on the side panel would've meant direct cooling of CPU + graphics card
>>
>>61043471
Just take the dust cover off then. It's not doing anything anyway if you're pumping in unfiltered air through the side.
>>
>>61043544

I also bought some 140mm filters for that :^)
>>
I fixed the side noise issue by putting the fan on a riser mount.
>>
>>61043590

I tried lifting it about 2 cm away trom the grid while it was still spinning, and it made the same noise. I think the problem is in the honeycomb structure of the grid, it resonates like a flute
>>
Just fuck all that shit off and do what big man Jay does.

https://youtu.be/e-cxkxtu1As?t=373
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.