[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went [spoiler] horribly wrong? [/spoiler] inb4 [spoiler]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: lumia 950xl.jpg (25KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
lumia 950xl.jpg
25KB, 480x269px
What went [spoiler] horribly wrong? [/spoiler]
inb4 [spoiler] lack of apps [/spoiler]
>>
>>61037575
lack of apps + botnet
>>
Only old people and gross business morons use microshit products

People who like hanging out with people, having friends, and a proper social life use apple products

Like the new iPhone 7
>>
Owned one for a year. No apps, but the UI and the hardware worked really well, very intuitive.

I wish they had a UI for Android that was similar.
>>
>>61037625
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>61037575
You literally can't inb4 the only reason why it went wrong. It was the most well optimized OS of all 4 major phone OSs and the only reason why no one stuck with it was because of app support. I dumped my lumia 1520 just because I was tired of not having apps. After snapchat made 6snap shut down I was fed up with windows phone and I loved my lumia 1520. I was sad to see it go.
>>
>>61037625
>People who like hanging out with other men's girlfriends, prepping bulls, and a cult life use apple products

fix'd
>>
I had a windows phone in 2014 and was a true believer in the os. They really fucked it up though. Windows 8.1 mobile was the fastest shit I've ever used, but they must have hired the wrong pajeets because windows 10 mobile was SUPER laggy and a glitch fest
>>
>>61038218
>Using Snapchat
I'm tired of all you normies on here. I'm hoping that Snapchat is really just a front for making a list for death camps. I do not understand why people would use a service which the whole point is that it removes what you sent from the other person's phone after a period of time but the company itself indefinitely stores everything you send, for no reason and apparently has weaker security than a fucking geocities page.
>>
>>61037575
Windows 10 and Satya Nadella.
No joke, It actually pretty good until they drop Windows Phone 8.1 make users beta testing Window 10 mobile even til this day.
>>
No killer feature and lack of apps. There was no compelling reason to buy one. Their most distinguishing feature was tiles, but people either didn't give a shit or were annoyed by it.

Honestly they would have been better off making their own Android distribution.
>>
>>61037575
>sboilers

>>>/summer/
>>
Carrier bloat and branding the likes which were never seen before ruined it for me
>>
File: zizek.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>61037575
low market share => low amount of devs => lack of apps

And so on and so on...
>>
>>61039636
wtf are u on about?
Windblows phone was the only platform that allowed you to uninstall all bloat (assuming there was some to beging with) with no flashing required
>>
>>61037575
Lack of apps
Wish they you could've gone the blackberry way and had an android subsystem
>>
>microshit btfod out of mobile scene
>only unix-like mobile OSs
this started the fall of MIcroshite
today mobile
tomorrow desktop
hahahah
>>
File: C73siSsW4AAH045.jpg (97KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
C73siSsW4AAH045.jpg
97KB, 678x960px
>>61042882
>>
>>61042882
Depression
>>
>>61042862
The risk in that is that you end up with no native WP apps, only shitty android ports (this happened to some PC manufacturer in the 80s IIRC, they advertised their OS as compatable with DOS programs so their own OS ended up getting no development for it => no reason to buy it over a pc that runs those programs better. Someone more knowledgeable about this stuff will probably know what I'm talking about)
>>
metro UI a shit
>>
>>61042951
The thing is by the time Microsoft even caved in with an idea like that windows phone was pretty much dead anyway. I think it would've a bit more adoption by the minority who couldn't get over the lack of apps. Just like how it's been doing the same with bb10. a lot of people are willing to try bb10 because you can get 90% of the functionality of an android phone.

As a current blackberry passport user, I really wish Microsoft went through with it
>>
>>61042882
>android
>unix-like
nice meme
>>
>>61037713
You don't say.
>>
>>61037575
Ugly UI.
>>
>>61038425
>upside-down 'p'
wtf how
>>
>>61043664
ebin :DDD :DDDD
>>
>>61037575
>lack of apps
Yes. I liked the OS better than lagdroid tbqh, but google jewed them and wouldn't let them have a youtube app.
>>
If they make a phone with:

1)detachable battery
2)microusb
3)full windows 10, x86 programs, bash on windows
4)microusb charger is the standard non-mac but either that or usb 3.1
5)3.5mm phone jack
>>
Owned a lumia 950, currently my daily driver. Updated to latest windows 10 build and working as intended....and fuck apps because I'm not a normie
>>
>>61038284
You use it to generate blackmail on people. Get a screen recorder and then go ham on people's stories or whatever they send you and then take the relevant screenshots or whatever afterwards. That way they don't know it comes from you and you get your leverage. It's amazing the amount of dumb stuff people will send when they're drunk. Plus I use it to keep tabs on people because they're more likely to update their Snapchats than their FBs or other social media pages.
>>
>>61038245
Android seems more like a cult than anything else though
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.