[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I am looking for something I can add to my earbud headphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: jack.png (1MB, 1000x698px) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
1MB, 1000x698px
Guys, I am looking for something I can add to my earbud headphone jack to prevent the strain relief from breaking at this exact part (not these exact earphones, but basically right where the strain relief hits the hard plastic portion of the jack)

It would be for an L-shaped jack. I don't know if heat shrink would even fit on the corner, or solidifying it with an epoxy would help

My pair I've had for a year and a half just broke right there and I was unable to fix it so i want to prevent a new pair from doing it
>>
>>61036251
Not your tech support, BUT.

I used to take paperclips, unfold and straighten them, and then coil them tightly around the attachment point.
It acts as a brace for it, and relieves some of the stress on that particular part.

Or just get braided cables / don't treat them like a pig.
>>
>>61036266
Not op but didn't the ends of the paper clips ever stab you?
>>
>>61036251
Use sealant or glue/epoxy glue. If u dont care about how its look, you can additionaly coil it with threads and then put glue on top of it.
>>
>>61036348
Igot a suggestion to use something called "JB weld", the epoxy with steel in it, but then was told that it would fuck up the cable if I solidified the strain relief, but i think id only add it just to the part where the relief meets the jack
>>
>>61036360
It isn't good if its solidifies it, you need some glue or sealant that remain flexible.
>>
I just buy new ones whenever they break. They're fucking earbuds, mate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.