[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You only need 8GB of ram Well you fuckers got me. I only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 16gb.png (35KB, 939x662px) Image search: [Google]
16gb.png
35KB, 939x662px
>You only need 8GB of ram

Well you fuckers got me. I only got 8GiB, and it sucked. Hitting 100% ram daily. Just upgraded to 16GiB.. wow, everything is so much better. No more thrashing the page file to open new applications, no more 100% usage, everything is running better. Luckily it's easy to upgrade ram.

Unless you only use your computer for facebook and 4chan you should get at least 16GiB, maybe 32.
>>
>tfw fell for the 16 GiB RAM meme
>>
lol windows
>>
>>61035372
>Should I stop using such shitty bloated software or retardedly just buy more RAM?
>>
>>61035372
stop posting this same fucking meme thread every week.
>>
File: memory.jpg (77KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
memory.jpg
77KB, 500x701px
>>61035372
>>
>>61035372
could you please post you memory usage by "app"?
>>
>>61035372
you really only do need 8 gigs of RAM, at least for Windows 7 or Linux.

You only need 16 GB of RAM if you never wanna close any applications ever. Just close your fucking browser when you play phat games.
>>
nobody needs more than 256kb ram
>>
I open matlab and CAD to work simultaneously with them. Not even 5gb is used
>>
>>
>>61035443
>doesn't know what superfetch is
>>
>>61035888
Unity+3DS Max+Browsers easily takes more than 8GiB

Android studio alone when building takes more than 8GiB
>>
>>61035443
>Should quit job

No, I need this software for work. I like getting paid, so I'm going to keep using it.
>>
Close browser tabs when you're done with them instead of leaving 1000 open.
>>
ime amount you need also depends heavily on if your storage.
I have a laptop and a desktop with pretty comparable processors and 8 gigs of similarly clocked ram, but the desktop has a hard drive and the laptop has an SSD, so the ram is always full of cached shit on the desktop, and when it needs to swap it slows to a crawl.
>>
>>61036531
>Android studio
I've ran Android Studio before (not full-time deving, but I've had to do some stuff) on 8GB and didn't notice any real issues. It's bloated trash, but still.

>Unity+3DS Max+Browsers
This is professional workstation-tier stuff, 8GB is not enough for that. That said I've worked with Unity and I'm not spending a lot of time with 3DS Max open in the background, but then again I'm not an artist.
>>
>>61035372
>uses windows
>wonders why he needs more ram
>>
>>61036691
>professional
Have you seen /agdg/ lately?
>>
>>61036766
no I only hang out in [spoiler]/8/agdg[/spoiler]
>>
>>61037382
>no spoilers
this board sucks
>>
>>61035372
When making tech decisions, do the opposite of what /g/ recommends, always.

For the record, /g/ highly recommends:
>Linux on the desktop
>8gb of RAM
>AMD processors
>Using ancient, poverty-level Thinkpads as a daily computer
>CRT monitors
>Anime wallpapers
>Android phones

Knowing all of this, you still take their advice on anything? That's your own damn fault.
>>
>>61037433
Also, remember that /g/ is 95% NEETs with no career aspirations beyond maybe becoming paid moderators of their favorite private hentai torrent tracker. You shouldn't listen to them on basic life advice like "How often should I brush my teeth?", let alone tech questions.
>>
File: ram.png (23KB, 664x591px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
23KB, 664x591px
FUCKING RAMLET NORMIES GTFO MY BOARD REEEEE
>>
>>61037479
Hey look, an autist
>>
>>61035372
2.5 gb of ram masterrace.
>>
being a ramlet in 2017 is like.. not brushing your teeth because you don't want to pay the extra 12-14 dollars for the tooth brush and toothpaste at cvs

its honestly hilarious, I put 16gb of ram in my x220 and it totally fixed it and some dude told me no it was the ssd not the ram. Shit doesn't even have an ssd, I WENT FROM 4GB OF RAM NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING to 16gb and absolute butter smoothness
>>
To be honest I regret spending the extra 30$ on RAM for my new build. Wish I got 8gb instead.
>>
>>61035372
>16 GiB RAM
Are you fucking retarded, son?
You'd best be installing at least 1 TiB of RAM in your next Epyc build.
>>
>>61036691
>I've ran Android Studio before (not full-time deving, but I've had to do some stuff) on 8GB and didn't notice any real issues. It's bloated trash, but still.
Try working on a project with way too many dependencies including facebook. When compiling I almost max out the 16 GiB haha

>>61036691
One alone would be fine, both I hit the limit.
>>
>>61037433
>That's your own damn fault.
You're absolutely correct.
>>
>>61037543
What are the specs of the rest of your computer?
>>
>>61035372
I got 12 gigs of ram
>>
>>61037549
>not 4
baby tier
>>
>>61037433
There's literally nothing wrong with anything you've listed.
>>
>>61038479
He's not saying there's anything wrong, just that it aligns with a certain taste he does not enjoy.
>>
>>61038509
Oh, well he could have just came out and said he was a homosexual.
>>
>>61035888
I need the ram so I can look at many power points, PDFs, books, chrome pages at the same time
>>
>>61035372
I regularly pause games to browse 4Chan which mean 2-3h of idle while I have 30 tabs open in firefox, when I'm reading something long stopping after few pages and leaving it be for hours isn't anything unusual either, having one or two videos paused or even playing in the background is also daily thing, I do all of this at once with 8gb ram, having attention span of a 12yo adhd kid suck but windows still never really use more than 6gb ram. So yeah unless you're actually doing some ram intensive stuff 8gb ram for home pc is more than enough, and if you're doing ram intensive stuff welcome to 1% of people who actually need +32gb ram and 16gb won't really cut it or a least not for long.
>>
>>61035573
Are you Bill Gates?
>>
Do I have too much ram?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.