[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm stuck in the country with no ISP, but out of some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1496617834622.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1496617834622.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
So I'm stuck in the country with no ISP, but out of some sheer luck i have 3 bars of 4g lte on my s7 through verizon.

I'm on the unlimited plan which throttles you after 10 gbs of tethered data, and priotizes you after 22 gb of phone data. Is there a way to spoof or bypass the tether check and not use hotspot when I want to use my PC and phone as a modem? Or any other sage advice from people that have been in a similar posistion?
>>
>>61035062
>unlimited plan
>throttles after 10gb data
Lmao its illegal for ISPs to call that unlimited data in my third world country, enjoy getting cucked american faggots.
>>
>>61035062
get PdaNet+ u cuck
>>
>>61035062
If your country doesn't have a single ISP I don't think it can be considered a country.

>>61035307
>He has to install a 3rd party app and pay for tethering
Hahahahaha
>>
>>61036401
He means in the middle of nowhere, the kinds of places where you might get 3mbps down, 1mbps up, satellite internet if you're lucky.

Pdanet is your best bet. I used to use it on ATT where tethering cost an extra monthly fee.
>>
>>61035062
That poor kitty!!
>>
>>61036473
>He doesn't have root
What an absolute normie faggot, get off /g/
>>
>>61036524
He loves it!
>>
>>61035062

There's nothing you can do but try to lower data consumption, block ads, download stuff in lower resolutions/bitrates etc. Once shit throttles use CLI browsers like w3m or elinks, anything text only will still work just fine.

I am doing the same thing on my Android phone, once I decent into throttling hell (at the end of the month usually) I start using Clover with texteverytime only mode, text browser (which is actually pretty nice). Also you could go full autism and install Termux on your phone and then just use newsbeuter, mutt, lynx etc. in the terminal.
>>
>>61035062
When tethering, use USB if possible. You should also look into a cell booster for a better, stable connection.
>>
>>61035062
somalia?
>>
>>61035062
If that's not a meow and his mouth is open and panting, that cat is freaking the fuck out.

So he's either meowing or fucking terrified.
>>
>>61035062
- Get root acess on your phone with busybox.

- Learn enough about iptables.

- Set up a script to automatically reroute away from/remove the virtual adapter that is created when using hotspot to monitor tethered data.

- You can probably find an OS hook for all of this to be automatic.

My info is pretty old now but I don't see why this wouldn't work
>>
>>61036473
>satellite internet if you're lucky.
is satellite internet available basically everywhere?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.