[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who work in the field of computer science,IT, etc,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 184701218905.jpg (595KB, 988x1318px) Image search: [Google]
184701218905.jpg
595KB, 988x1318px
For those who work in the field of computer science,IT, etc, do you enjoy your job?
>>
nope!
>>
>>61034139
When I'm not sidetracked to do menial office fixing BS because we can't be arsed to have a decent IT staffing and I can actually focus on making things faster/more efficient/more disaster recoverable, then yes I enjoy it.
>>
sometimes
>>
Most days yes
>>
>>61035835
>>61035185
>>61035223
What exactly do you guys do?
>>
>>61034139
Sure, I guess. It's easy as fuck
>>
File: 1333344218537.jpg (202KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
1333344218537.jpg
202KB, 600x553px
Sys Admin/Jr. Manager here.

I like my work except when my subordinates aren't around (called in sick, took PTO, on field assignments, etc.) and I'm suddenly having to field the bullshit password reset and Microshit Office tier 1 plebshit tickets. It's a total distraction for me.
>>
Meh
>>
>>61034139
Yes, most of the time it's pretty cool.
>>
File: 1495592234574.jpg (85KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1495592234574.jpg
85KB, 960x539px
I enjoy infrastructure related tasks, which I do about 60% of the time.

the other 40% is tier 1 shit like formating a pc, resetting a password, helping old ladies opening outlook (baka)

but I'd say overall it's good
>>
Virtualization support has taught me exactly how good your average sysadmin is at shooting themselves in the foot on a daily basis. I don't enjoy it in the moment, but the laughs afterwards are pretty good.
>>
I might enjoy it if I didn't have to work with pajeets and brainlets who pass off my work as their own.
t. cloud ops systems engineer
>>
Yes. Where I work is pretty cool, pay is good for someone with no experience, work is interesting, coworkers are nice, office is nice. No complaints really except for minor stuff about organization of sprints/etc.
>>
IT support (I guess?) for a small business of around 50 people. Is very nice
When I joined, most of them used Chromebooks apart from a few Windows PCs for various software.
The last IT guy was apparently a drunk and didn't really talk to people much.
So far everyone is happy with me. Some days I think "mother fucking you just fucking pull out the fucking wireless fucking adapter you stupid cunt to fix the fucking wifi" but then that's followed by "thank goodness you're stupid enough not to do it since that keeps me employed.

Terrible pay but it's a charity so I don't expect much. Plus I have no degree/certs. And It's only 2.5 days a week,

On the other hand: free parking and access to a gym. So yes pretty nice.
>>
>>61037316
How did you get a job like that? I need some casual experience
>>
>>61037399
Had a job as a tutor for computer classes. Didn't like it much. You have to be "on" all the time. So I looked for a new job. I said I did most of the hardware/software maintaining on the computers and I've been working free lance as a computer repair guy.
Both of those are a lie - I put down a firend in the company as reference and she told them what I asked her to. Then got the job
>>
>>61037399
Same anon here but I forgot: if you can lie and know your limits (ie I never touched a chromebook in my life and used that as my "oh I need time to research this new problem and then document it"), then you'll be fine.
Ultimately being able to lie well got me the job.
>>
Most of the posters here are glorified call center Indians.
>>
>>61037567
100% this..

Google it now , fix it later.
Think on your feet
They know less then what you dont know
Always be "busy"
Dont claim to be from any major company and you can usally lie your ass thru the door.
>>
File: 148211464474.jpg (82KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
148211464474.jpg
82KB, 872x685px
>>61034139
>voltmeter
>>
No. It's interesting for about 1 year when you start at a new place then it gets boring as fuck and you start dreaming about other ways to pay the bills. Honestly, it's basically the same shit over and over and over. But 99% of jobs are like that.
>>
>>61037873
good post
>>
I mostly sit here playing Runescape. I want to be dead* in general but I can't complain about my job. It pays more than I will ever need.

*actually to never have existed
>>
>>61038604

same
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.