[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with this place and the ThinkPad? What's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: DHill_Timemachine1.png (319KB, 979x666px) Image search: [Google]
DHill_Timemachine1.png
319KB, 979x666px
What is it with this place and the ThinkPad? What's the hype all about? Is it really that good, or do they just shill this forum?
>>
This isn't a forum.
>>
>>61029513

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
>>
>>61029503
Lenovo markets the ThinkPad T series primarily to IT professionals and executives. That's always been their target market. It shouldn't come as any surprise that a lot of tech enthusiasts here use them, especially when refurbished aftermarket ThinkPads are durable, cheap, and have very good specs.
>>
>>61029526
>dictionary lookup
what a bitch. buy whatever laptop you want and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>61029547
lol just admit you were wrong and move on.
>>
>>61029568
Shut up -- everyone
>>
>>61029503
Have you ever used one?
>>
>>61029596
No :(

A friend of mine has the Yoga.. it seems decent enough I guess, though it mostly just collects dust in his house.
>>
>>61029513
anime website
>>
>>61029568
I wasn't him, but you're still wrong. This is an imageboard, not a forum.
>>
They're cheap. A lot of the anons here are poorfags that don't have jobs, so cheap is amazing.
They're also pretty decent performance, but mainly cheap.
>t. hopefully soon to be W520 owner
>>
>>61029503
ThinkPads used to be great business machines - powerful, durable and fairly cheap if you bought them used. Now they're just another consumer brand.
>>
>>61029925
not to mention upgradable - you could easily replace hardware and it worked like a charm.
>>
>>61029897
the cheap factor isnt the only argument
keyboards and galonix support is great for old thinkpads, replacement parts and upgrade are cheap and everywhere, good portability to
also nipple mouse is as good or better than a real nipple i'd imagine
>>
Older thinkpads were made by engineers for other engineers and businesses, not by faggots for retards as most modern tech is.
>>
>>61029761

Forum is an umbrella term with "imageboard" being one of the subcategories.
>>
>>61029503
Old ThinkPads are a good deal for the price, most posters here are poor and have to choose between that or some shit from best buy that will fall apart in a year. The Loonix support is good too.
>>
This is a no buy for me unless it has a VGA output.
>>
>>61029503
For me personally, it's the ability to repair and modify. I have an eMachine now, but will be switching to a T420 just because of the spare parts I can get for dirt cheap.
>>
>>61029538
This. Posting from the bus which will take me to the airplane, with my T420 nearby. This thing is a trooper, saved me in the field many times. Thanks /g/.
>>
>>61029526
>where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
>exchanged

Not so much, more so screamed at each other with the mix of apple bashing & antisemitism
>>
>>61029526
>exchanged

a bunch of assholes only wanting to accept their own perception as fact is somehow exchanging views?

Even /a/ is more accepting than this good forsaken board.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.