[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20C difference between cores on a Devils Canyon CPU with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

>20C difference between cores on a Devils Canyon CPU with """improved""" TIM for overclocking
>they still use jew cum on HEDT (HIGH END desktop)

intel's a massive jew and you fucking know it
>>
I have the 4670K and it's even worse. Can't even reach 4.4 past 1.35v and get idle temps of 50C.
>>
File: peter north visits intel fabs.jpg (34KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
peter north visits intel fabs.jpg
34KB, 680x510px
>>61027779
>>
>>61027779
4790k in the only decently build Intel CPU in last 5-6 years
>>
>>61027883
as clearly evidenced by my screenshot
I shouldn't have sold my 2600K so soon.
>>
>>61027913
Your screen shot proves absolutely nothing.
>>
>>61027961
how is nearly 20C difference between the hottest and coldest core nothing? It didn't happen on my 2600K.
4790K is not even noticeably faster than 2600K, which is why I said I shouldn't let myself be memed so easily/
>>
File: toothpaste inside.jpg (31KB, 630x372px) Image search: [Google]
toothpaste inside.jpg
31KB, 630x372px
>>61028019
It's what happens when the factory workers don't apply the toothpaste evenly enough, or it doesn't even cover part of the die fully.
>>
>>61028019
I don't know what voltage, cooling system, or load that was tested at. You Devil canyon fags are about as insufferable as 2500k fags.
>>
>>61028159
>voltage, cooling system, or load
neither of this matters in this case
unless you think I cut my cooler in half and cooled only half of the CPU, but I'm not THAT retarded.
>>
>>61028019
The best part is that SB chips draw more power at the same clock speeds and they run cooler. Thanks Intel for using jizz instead of solder.
>>
>>61027779
so, if my cores are the same temperature (+-3 degrees), does this mean CPU's cooling is well built?
>>
>>61028197
It's pretty fucking relevant if you undervolted your clc loop and ran the co-sign bench for 20 seconds. Yes, people will think you are retarded for nit buying a 5820k, or thinking a 2 year difference should be able to come up with a new blazing fast Arch that's fukin suuuppperrrr blazun fast or whatever. Intel recycled the core Arch for 9 generations, and you were gullible enough to but two (2) of the SAME cpu, and then wonder why you can't tell much difference. Your retarded.
>>
>>61028409
It means the cooling between the die and IHS isn't fucked up.
>>
>>61028414
>Your retarded
my retarded what?
though admittedly I am at least partially retarded for believing what /g/ says and getting memed into Devils Canyon
fucking shills
>>
>>61027779
Not sure what your issue is.

My 4790k cores are all within like 3C if eachother under full load, and I have a stable 4.7ghz @ 1.29 volts.
>>
>>61028446
good, because i heard some people bitching about skylake having some snot for temp exchange. Doesn't seem to affect it that badly
>>
File: pic_disp.php(2).jpg (44KB, 650x419px) Image search: [Google]
pic_disp.php(2).jpg
44KB, 650x419px
>>61028507
It's the other way around, faglord
>>
>>61028633
what?
>>
>>61028507
Nah, it still has jizz TIM, but it was applied evenly across the die. You would still see a big drop in temps if you delidded it.
>>
>>61028666
Skylake took the ivr's off the die, improved the tim, and went to 14nm all in a effort to reduce temps.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.