[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point in 4k in gayming when you can just use DSR and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 3233252252.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3233252252.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Whats the point in 4k in gayming when you can just use DSR and scale down the resolution getting a better image quality without shitting out $$$$ for a 4k monitor that can't even do 144?
>>
>Whats the point in gaming
You got that right
>>
>>61023029
>imfuckingplying you don't play any games ever
>>
>>61023021
What are you saying and were are you getting your info from?
If you have a 24" 4k dell monitor it will look better than another dell 144 monitor running DSR.
DSR smooths the virtual pixels, it doesn't make more physical pixels.
Also something to bare in mind, games are just starting to make 2k textures.
>>
DSR is just fancy anti aliasing

4k does look pretty great
>>
>>61023063
>24" 4k dell monitor it will look better than another dell 144 monitor running DSR
Yeah of course but the difference will not be astonishing and if you don't play close to the TV/monitor you will not even probably notice the difference.

Fuck people think PS4 Pro does native 4k when in reality its not even fucking close but everyone is like

>wooow its so beatiful and crisp and sharp!

4k is a fucking meme
>>
>>61023087
Just buy what you want to.
4k isn't a meme, but if you think it is you probably don't need it.
1080p is perfect for gaming.
2k and 4k are for productivity.

>t. 25" 2k owner.
>>
>>61023063
you mean i cant DSR/VSR and magically get more pixels?

/G/ LIED?
>>
>>61023087
The difference is obvious to me on a 27" 4k panel, but then again it is on a PC which you tend to sit close to. 24" 4k is far too high a ppi scaling issues would be an even bigger pain in the ass. 1440 is more suitable for gaming if you go any higher for your typical 24"~27" panel you hit the point of diminishing returns on hardware cost hard.
For general everyday use and productivity though it is a godsend, the text looks much crisper at smaller sizes and you get plenty of space as a result. Amazing with a tiling window manager like i3.
>>
>>61023021
When exactly did gaming sluts even become a thing?

When the majority of people playing games became manchildren with income?
>>
>>61024597
When they realized they could make money off lonely males while shitting on their hobby at the same time.
>>
>>61023021
This
Gtx970/I7-6700/1440p/144hz/g-sync Master Race
G-sync is a god send,enables smooth game play with my card that drops to 30 during AAA games that have ridiculously realistic graphics
>>
>>61023021
What's her twitch name? Asking for a friend
>>
>>61025439
Pokimane
>>
>>61023021
>scaling while gaming

not sure if you're baiting or legitimately retarded
>>
>>61023021
>eceleb weeb shitty picture :check
>reatarded bait OP :check

shit thread 4/10
>>
>>61023029
no point
>>
4k on a 27in monitor looks amazing. 1080p on a 27in monitor looks like ass, even with DSR.
>>
>>61027837
It really depends how far away from the monitor you are. You're not just gonna say that your 50± inch 1080p TV looks like ass because of the low PPI.
>>
Rendering shit in 4k and downscaling it is a surefire way to ensure you never have stable frames. If you really want your 144Hz, there's no way you're getting that in 4K DSR.
>>
>>61023021
That's just better AA, you can't appreciate all the detail a 4K resolution gives you on a non-native screen.
>>
File: 378782134423.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
378782134423.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>61028690
Isn't 4k basically AA without turning on AA?

I mean pic related is in 1080p and was rendered in 1080p and it looks photorealistic without any signs of ""low resolution"" how can 4k beat fucking real life? I mean probably most people could notice that 720p on a bigger screen looked like shit but 1080p? I never saw someone saying it looks bad until 4k started to grow
>>
still waiting for a good 27" 1440p 144hz display to come out that doesnt look like a toy for a 12yo
>>
DSR is the simplest and most inefficient form of anti aliasing, it can only improve the image's quality if you render it at insanely high resolutions compared to the physical output resolution, and even then the improvement is barely worth it. Plus, DSR applies scaling to the specific virtual resolution while leaving the reported screen DPI the same. While this can sometimes be worked around, it is a nuisance, especially since it's just to get shitty anti aliasing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.