[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/ I'm upgrading OS SSD and I need to install a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

So /g/ I'm upgrading OS SSD and I need to install a new windows OS on it. Should I go with windows 7 or 10?
>>
>>61016598
Install gentoo
>>
>>61016598
7 or 8.1 with Classic shell.
10 is not an option
>>
If you don't want 10 and absolutely must use Windows, then go for 8.1. Personally I'd just install 10, they're all non-free botnet software anyway, may as well get the latest version.
>>
>>61016770
i thought 7 was the least botnetish
>>
>>61016598
>the comparison
Why would you do that to your product?
>>
>>61016848
Nah, they're pushing their telemetry bullshit on 7 and up. The year of linux on the desktop better fucking come soon.
>>
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N 2016. Legit ISO and a cracker, or pick it up from Gen2 pre-ac'd.
>>
>>61016848
It's still an MS botnet. There's no real "scale" here, it's either malware or it isn't.
>>
>>61016913
whats the difference between ltsb n and ltsb?
>>
>>61016598
Windows 10 has the Windows store. It's got a bunch of cool shit in it.

Get that one.
>>
Windows 9 best windows.
>>
>>61016925
LTSB N doesn't come with XBOX shit, nor does it come with Windows Media Player.
>>
>>61016925
It's completely fucking clean.

None of Microsoft's proprietary bloatware like the Windows Store, XBOX, or any of that shit.
>>
>>61017058
>None of Microsoft's proprietary bloatware
except the OS itself
>>
>>61016906
You can sift through the updates and not get the telemetry, but its a real pain in the asshole. Honestly, If you can just go with linux. If you're MUH GAMES tier like me wait for proper IOMMU support from ryzen.
>>
10 for sure. You can do the whole ltsb thing, but it's mostly snake oil
>>
>>61016906
Keep waiting for the year of the Linux desktop and it'll never fucking happen.
>>
>>61016598
windows7 is slow as fuck on a ssd lmao
>>
just get w10, turn off and uninstall things you don't like
>>
>>61016598
>I need to install a ... windows OS
why
>>
7 wont detect M2 drives during installation. You can install it on SATA drive then clone it after you've installed M2 drivers. Something to keep in mind.
>>
File: 850_01.png (34KB, 1299x959px) Image search: [Google]
850_01.png
34KB, 1299x959px
>>61017352
hush
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.