[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys please tell me everything is going to be alright... that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1491796616086.jpg (39KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
1491796616086.jpg
39KB, 600x592px
Guys please tell me everything is going to be alright...

that i will succeed in the tech field somehow
>>
You may succeed in the tech field and then be hit by some texting driver and become a quadriplegic.
There are no certainties in life but death and taxes.
>>
To be completely honest, its getting more and more saturated. The diversity thing sucks, and I'm a black male myself. But I hate seeing 100 people a year get into it for the money, and have no clue what they are doing. Its become a meme, because America needs to find the next big thing, so they shill tech like its the cure to everone's problem.

The future is bleak. But its not impossible to make it in tech.
>>
File: d_L8b_A.png (69KB, 402x366px) Image search: [Google]
d_L8b_A.png
69KB, 402x366px
>>61014422
>black male
>>
>>61014422
>The diversity thing sucks, and I'm a black male
You got +250 oppression points on your application, anon. That put you ahead of Steven and Xiao Xing.

>I hate seeing 100 people a year get into it for the money
Then what do people get into if not for the money you retard?
>>
For me and my current situation it fucking sucks. You see I'm in a catch 22 type deal at work. My job is basically secure, I'm a state gov employee so really only way to lose job is to either A. screw up very, very badly or B. the state goes bankrupt. However my current job is at a dead end, no promotions/bonuses looming anytime soon. So I'm trying like hell to transfer into IT within the state. The problem is that nowadays like most everything else, the IT positions have mostly (50% at least) been farmed out to outside contractors. Now I could quit (and toss away 12 yrs of benefits/401K and the fact I can retire at 50 with full payout/paid medical) and join the contractors making like 18-20 an hr at the low end (Desktop support) but like I said I'd lose a lot.
>>
File: 1493506136266.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1493506136266.png
6KB, 253x199px
>>61014813
don't quit. it's all a dead end.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.