[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>windows bloated, spies on you, forces updates, millions of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

>windows
bloated, spies on you, forces updates, millions of background processes

>GNU/Linux
subpar battery life, no good software for graphical and video editing, no games
>OSX
only runs on specific hardware

Why is there not a good OS in the year of 2017?
>>
>>61013605
Why don't you program your own OS?
>>
File: 1456436119139.png (7KB, 535x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456436119139.png
7KB, 535x480px
>>61013605
My Thinkpad with a 9v battery running Debian lasts 8+ hours on one charge. You must have a bad laptop if it dies quick on any Linoox.
>>
>>61013619
Because I'm not paid to be hackerman
>>
Not sure about OSX, but both GNU/Linux and Windows can be shaped into what you need.
Take windows, remove bloat, spyware, forced updates and million of background processes.
Or
Take GNU/Linux, grab only the minimal programs for your use case, remove everything that's draining your battery, emulate games and graphical and video editing software.

You know it's doable.

You're complaining it's not configured to your needs out of the box.
Big surprise there m8.
>>
>>61013605
Hackintosh you fool
>>
>>61013605
hackintosh?
>>
File: namjeff.jpg (23KB, 409x255px) Image search: [Google]
namjeff.jpg
23KB, 409x255px
>Subpar battery life
Manjaro linux on a x230t and i3wm battery lasted a good 10 hours
> no good software for graphical and video editing
Pinta, Gimp, Blender, Krita
>no games
Just played Cod WaW zombies online with my friends for 4 hours
>>
>>61013605
>>windows
>bloated, spies on you, forces updates, millions of background processes
>>GNU/Linux
>subpar battery life, no good software for graphical and video editing, no games
>>OSX
>bloated, spies on you, forces updates, millions of background processes
>subpar battery life, no good software for graphical and video editing, no games
>only runs on specific hardware
>Why is there not a good OS in the year of 2017?

Fixed.
>>
>>61013605
Except you can just
>switch to linux, thus bring it closer to a better market share
>more people start developing and porting to Linux
>it gets better
>all flaws removed

>>61013803
>>61013807
That's just unstable MacOS. It still has the no drivers issue and is still backdoored.
>>
>>61013872

kek
>>
>>61013605
>GNU/Linux
>subpar battery life,
false
>no good software for graphical and video editing,
define "good". lots of graphic artists i know use gimp
>no games
http://store.steampowered.com/linux and that's only Steam

Why do you let people get away with such fallacies?
>>
File: IMG_20170621_173821.jpg (51KB, 397x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_173821.jpg
51KB, 397x553px
>>61013605
What is with this linex has no games meme?

>open steam
>click store
>check linex os box
>oshit.jpg

Sure it isnt compatible with all games but saying linex has no games is like saying windows has no spyware
>>
>>61013712
>windows
>remove bloat, spyware
Windows is Bloat and you can't even remove Spyware via Group Policy
>>
>>61013605
Linux has a decent battery life. It's just that most distros aren't pre-configured with laptops in mind. ChromeOS (based on Gentoo Linux) runs on tiny batteries and has a good battery life. Android, which is Bloat+Linux, also has a good battery life (at least on 6+). Those 2 are proof that Linux can have amazing battery Life.
GNU distros merely don't have a good life out of the box, you just have to spend 3 minutes configuring shit. You can't be that lazy if you've already gone through "trouble" of downloading and installing Linux.

>>61014386
This.

>>61014398
It's. A. Meme.
>>
>>61014386
LOONIX autist grasping at straws again.

Ask for genuine Microsoft software.
>>
>>61014664
>genuine micro$oft software
>genuine pajeet shitware
>>
>>61013907
>unstable
>no drivers
I hackintoshed on a random lga 1155 asus board and everything works like it should and all the drivers you need are out there on tonymacx86 hell even nvidia has official drivers for macOS
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.