[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that using libreboot will protect me from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1494833181309.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494833181309.png
12KB, 420x420px
Is it true that using libreboot will protect me from the Intel NSA backdoor?
>>
>>61001123
yes, but you need compatible hardware and that list is very limited

get a lenovo x60 or x200
>>
>>61001123
lol no
>>
There is more than one backdoor the NSA has available to them. If you use a computer, they have a backdoor. The one and only thing they might not have a backdoor for is secure, non-AES encryption. That doesn't really matter though, because trying to protect yourself against state level actors as a civilian is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>61001123
>using trannyboot

no
>>
>>61001123
Libreboot only works on non-ME CPU's right now. So you avoid the botnet by using old CPU's.
>>
>>61001195
Shut the fuck up, it's definitely possible
>>
>>61001276
Not if you plan on using a computer for any sensitive purposes.
>>
>>61001286
Let's say I made a text file and wrote "hi". If the NSA wanted to see it badly there are no backdoors in my OpenRC Parabola Thinkpad T400, so they wouldn't be able to access it.
>>
You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be.
>>
>>61001123
Delete the cp Goldstein
>>
You could grab a truck or a gun, might be easier already
>>
>>61001305
They can probally hack it if you're connected to the internet. Also is there a tutorial to install openrc parabola?
>>
>>61001305
You mean "hi" as in "highly terroristic activity"?
>>
>>61001305
Even if we assume that you're right, and there's no way for the NSA/state to get into your computer easily, there are plenty of ways for the state to force your hand. Torture, abducting your family, planting CP in your home, whatever. The ONLY way you can defend against the NSA is to be defended by an organization comparable and opposed to the NSA. Why do you think Snowden is the ONLY person to ever get away with something like this? Even then, his life is still over. The moment he leaves the protection of Putin and his guards he's going to fall victim to a terrible accident.
>>
File: 1497816014704.png (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1497816014704.png
44KB, 633x758px
>>61001340
The parabola wiki is considered spam according to 4chan. There's a bullet point on the installation guide for installing openrc instead of systemd. There's also an openrc page for further information. Enjoy the best operating system currently available
>>
>>61001428
I'm allready running it with full disk including /boot encrytion but openrc sounds cool.
>>
>>61001453
There's a migration from systemd guide on there I believe
>>
>>61001540
If I migrate to openrc won't it break a bunch of stuff?
>>
>>61001540
Someone explain wtf is going on.
Why can't I just click the lvm full disk encryption when installing mint/Ubuntu/Debian?
>>
>>61001563
You can but that doesn't encrypt /boot you need libreboot for that.
>>
>>61001594
Why do I want boot encrypted.
Work with me on this, and this is tinfoil hatting, not trolling.

1- get a CD, like a 700mb CD, make a very very very small mark on it, that only you know about, and make it look like part of the logo. Bonus points if you do it in something that can only be seen w/ a blacklight, or UV shit.

2- boot mint/Debian/Ubuntu

3- ????

4- profit
>>
>>61001659
Forgot to mention, the CD is the grub bootloader for internal drive/USB with lvm encryption.

Do it on a LTS, and you only need to burn a new CD every 2 years.
>>
>>61001659
Yeah that works well but most people don't want to fuck around with puting your boot partion on a CD and would be happier just being immune to evil maid attacks without having to worry that your going to lose your CD or something.
>>
>>61001706
Here's the golden goose part of it.
Its not disk specific.

Like any Linux live CD will work. Any. Even gentoos universal stage three thing. I wish I was trolling, but I'm not.

OK, so libre boot encrypts /boot/, OK, cool. I might want to research this more. Thx
>>
I can't live without libre /g/ help
>>
>>61001361
lel
>>
>>61001420
>abducting your family

what website are we on again
>>
>>61001130
What about Lenovo T60?
>>
File: 1496474639143.jpg (140KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496474639143.jpg
140KB, 1000x800px
>>61001123
Libreboot, tails, full disk encryption, zero closed source software, firejail/app armor/selinux, noscript, only browse over tor, keep everything up to date

And you'll probably be safe unless they start to target you in particular.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.