[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 60 seconds to explain why your distro is the best one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1497993870136.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1497993870136.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
You have 60 seconds to explain why your distro is the best one or it will be destroyed beyond recreation. go.
>>
Debian is rock fucking solid and its repos have just about every package imaginable
>>
the aur allows me to be lazy as hell.
>>
the telemetry and forced updates keep me safe
>>
>>61000502
it just werks™
>>
Arch actually teaches you how to use Linux, unlike all the other babby distros.
>>
>>61000782

install gentoo
>>
>>61000502
Cinnamon is pretty.
>>
Led the way to the future by pioneering systemd on behalf of all other distros
>>
>>61000502
Ubuntu because it has the best community.

A distro is worthless if you can't find other people to help you use it.
>>
Alpine because no systemd
>>
Zorin OS :^)
>>
>>61000927
>it just werks™
>>
>>61000502
antergos, because it's like arch without the autism
>>
Ubuntu is basically debian only it has more of the shit that I use ootb. I find it easier to remove stuff I don't want on ubuntu than to add stuff I do want on debian.
>>
Solus is the only distribution that has a chance in hell of gaining home market share.
>>
File: 1494833181309.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494833181309.png
12KB, 420x420px
Parabola with OpenRC. It's Arch without nonfree bullshit and systemd bloatnet
>>
>>61000502
Fast and responsive DM, easy as hell to use
>>
>>61000502
Trisquel is really old and shitty and all the other 100% free distros are dead or Guix SD and I really like software freedom.
>>
arch makes me feel smart without putting in the work for gentoo
>>
>>61002062
Post desktop.
>>
CloverOS is fast as fuck
>>
Fedora.

I come from Debian, and it's pretty much the same but with less bugs, at least in the programs I use (like avidemux).
>>
>>61002200
Phoneposting rn
>>
>>61000502
>destroyed beyond recreation
this is somewhat appealing
>>
debian

It has the largest package repositories. Providing packages is really the only purpose for a distribution so I see no reason to use anything else.
>>
>>61000502
win7.
it got gaymes.
>>
File: tinycore.png (310KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tinycore.png
310KB, 640x480px
runs on ram
>>
It works out-of-the-box.
It is stable and reliable.
It is easy to customize.
>>
>>61000519
Devuan because all of the above but without the retarded sjw bureaucracy and with a more professional development team.
>>
Mint

Easy to use
Easy to install
>>
crunchbang is fun
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.