[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw a friend of mine wanted to buy a 500$ monitor >that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5024.jpg (84KB, 683x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5024.jpg
84KB, 683x720px
>tfw a friend of mine wanted to buy a 500$ monitor
>that's a fucking 4:3
>with 70$ shipping
>mfw

Post tech stories about your friend.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
File: 193468967.jpg (25KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
193468967.jpg
25KB, 500x468px
>join our mumble server heres the address and port
>i can't find where to download mumble is this a virus you just told me to get??
>mfw literally installed adware
>mfw finally gets mumble but doesn't read the audio wizard so he can't hear anything.
>mfw tells everyone mumble is a shit program and everyone should use discord instead.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with 4:3
>>
>>61000224
>4:3
>bad
The current state of /g/ folks.
>>
>>61000391
is there any reason to use a 4:3 display other than it being what you're used to? technically widescreen aspect ratios are better for modern video so wouldn't that make them better if only marginally?
>>
>>61000657
Better vertical screen realestate. I'm switching from a single 1080p monitor to 3x 1600x1200 monitors.
>>
>>61000657
its a programming thing so you can see more shit

if you're just watching videos and playing videogames then yeah its entirely pointless
>>
>>61000702
>>61000682
Why not just use turn a monitor to portrait?

And even so, $500 for a 4:3 monitor still sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>61000224
my friend bought a 700 dollar gpu to play at 1080p
>>
>>61000224
>2010
>He buys an i7 and pairs it with a GeForce GT520 it has 2 fucking GB dude LMAO
>>
>>61000682
lol what? Two 1920x1200 easily beats that and you will get a much higher quality panel. You're dumb if you don't just upgrade to a single UHD... it's only $500
>>
Wait are you saying that's not a good deal? I just bought a monitor for $550 but it came with free shipping. Also in 4:3 ratio. But it came with a free mouse. I'm going to bed a happy man tonight
>>
>>61001480
2-3 years ago, built my pc with a fx 6350 and a radeon 7770. Sometimes I want to go back in time, shoot myself, get the 6300 and a better gpu
>>
>>61000286
he's right though.
>>
Storytime!!

So I knew this total autismo. Let's just call him A.

A was so stupid that I'm sure it must be diagnosable.

>Anon, I bought an R7 270 but my computer doesnt work now
>come fix it
>come over, his computer is in pieces
>fix everything, the last part was pure gold however
>the 4 pin CPU power connector from the power supply was inserted WRONG
>tfw he is so stupid he managed to fuck up an idiot proof connector that only goes in one way
>not to mention the severe autism one must have to pay $140 for an R7 270
>tech isn't the only thing this person is stupid about if you know what I mean
>>
>>61000224
>Friend decides he wants to put together a computer like I did.
>Alright, I'll help you out to make sure you don't do anything wrong.
>Head over after he finally has everything.
>Motherboard is already in, full atx, screws in all 9 holes.
>Help him get everything else in and connected.
>Doesn't work.
>Work out that the ram is bad.
>Few days later, fresh ram, doesn't boot.
>Motherboard is borked, RMA
>Few days later, fresh MoBo, want to watch him put it in this time.
>Wait, why are there more than 9 standoffs.
>Friend put in all 12 standoffs, because holes for full atx and micro atx.
>One of the micro atx standoffs makes a metal connection with the back of the MoBo, around the ram area.
>He created a short that killed the first set of ram and mobo.

Literally the only thing he did that I didn't watch over. I think I probably had even talked about putting the standoffs in the full atx holes beforehand. And, well, he technically did put them in the right ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.