[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Skylake-X is a huge shit, it's time to wait for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Intel-Coffee-Lake.jpg (89KB, 745x483px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Coffee-Lake.jpg
89KB, 745x483px
Now that Skylake-X is a huge shit, it's time to wait for CoffeeLake, that will have 6 real cores and not overheating ovens and actual 2MB L3 cache per core and proper memory latency and not this fucking mess of a architecture HOLY SHIT INTEL WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>60989132
Are they still doing that mesh shit? If so, memory latency will be just as bad.
>>
>>60989132
Covfefelake won't improve much. But what comes later just might.
>>
File: 1491958405585.gif (851KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491958405585.gif
851KB, 400x225px
>>60989240
10nm on desktop Soon(tm).
>>
Just buy Ryzen, jewfag.
>>
>more of the shit upgrade for a shit ton of money, lets wait the jews to launch something better and cheaper

You will die waiting, just like the ayymd fanboys, for the marvelous promices of some marketing team
>>
>>60989229
No, consumer cores are still on ringbus, that's fine until they hit 10+ cores.
>>
>>60989268
Apparently AMD ZEN 2 (7nm) will arrive at the end of this year
>>
>>60989347
NEXT YEAR, you may get a Ryzen refresh close to the end of this year with some higher clocks and new steppings, but Zen 2 on 7nm is late 2018
>>
>>60989132
Coffe Lake is just Skylake with two extra cores, instead of Kaby Lake which is the same number of cores as Skylake but with more frequency.
It's just another rehash.

Not to mention Cannon Lake being skylake with worse performance in 10nm.
>>
>>60989132
i hope it's out soon.
>>
>>60989132
That's what I was thinking, but now that I've seen the 7800x pulling 145W( almost as much as a fucking 7900X) , I'm starting to doubt the intel micro-architecture has any kind of margins left in it.
Meanwhile a R7 1700 pulls like 65W and is basically a bit behind.
>>
>>60989359
Zen 7nm will fucking kill intel.
5Ghz, 50% more coars, same motherboards.
Basically free upgrade for ryzen early adopters.
>>
>>60991632
AMd doesn't even need threadripper to obsolete Skylake-X, Zen2 will do it for them on dual channel motherboards.
>>
>>60991751
Now, I wouldn't be against another platform for 32 pci-e lanes zen2, that still works on AM4. Something like AM4+ or something.
In fact, that's totally likely.
>>
>JUST WAIT
lmao, the sides have flipped
>>
>>60989268
Slower than 14nm
>>
Can't we all just agree the core architecture just wasn't designed to run those clocks?
Skylake was fine.
Kabylake, don't oc.
Skylake-X, mandatory watercooling. (also don't overclock, I guess)

Intel has been so lazy it's just hitting them right in the balls.
>>
>>60992162
No, Core is just inefficient. It's fucking Pentium Pro anon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.