[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you worship stallman >stallman created emacs >"no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>you worship stallman
>stallman created emacs
>"no anon you don't understand vim is better because it is a few megabytes smaller"

Explain yourself.
>>
Vim is better though
>>
File: 1497844321623.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497844321623.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>60986799
his lordship stallman has provided us an editor with the extensible vi layer (evil for short) which gives us all the boons of vi without the penance of using a non lisp
>>
>>60986708
macOS user here. Will emacs increase my mac's privacy?
>>
>>60986708
Stallman didn't create Emacs. He just maintained and improved it after its original creators stopped.
>>
>>60986708
Stallman worship is a meme, he doesn't even like gentoo
>>
Xcode and Visual Studio for people with jobs
>>
>>60986799
Nano is the true solution, VIM is shit
>>
>>60986708
If emacs didn't have finger breaking shortcuts for basic things it would be very appealing.
>uhhhhh but you can change them!!!!!!
I dont want to learn a new programming language and spend the time to reassign every function to a new key just to edit fucking text.
I want to use a finished product so I use Sublime Text.
>uhhhhh but it's proprietary!!!!!
I would use an open-source equivalent if it was available, but didn't find any good ones. Kate was pretty close though.
And no, Atom is horseshit.
>>
>>60986799
>Vim is Charityware.
>You can use and copy it as much as you like, but you are encouraged to make a donation for needy children in Uganda.
>Please see kcc below or visit the ICCF web site, available at these URLs:
enjoy your Uganda-ware
>>
>>60986854
emacs stands for emulated macintosh software. since you are already using macos, you dont need to use emacs.
>>
File: This.jpg (114KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
114KB, 3000x3000px
>>60987342
>This
This
[spoiler]This[/spoiler]
>>
>>60988082
nano a shit. after using vim i literally could not use nano
>>
>>60988148
Fucking this. I don't understand why it's the standard editor in gentoo.
>>
File: zxc.png (328KB, 567x748px) Image search: [Google]
zxc.png
328KB, 567x748px
>>60987436
>>60987436
deleting it right now, and going to the doctor to see if i didn't get aids from all that time using it
>>
>>60988148
nano is actually garbage

and I used to like nano so much

now I'm accepted by my peers
>>
I use emacs though.
>>
Spacemacs
>>
>>60988172
Its the default editor because its small not because its good.
>>
>>60986708
I use emacs though.
>>
>autist struggles to understand that you can don't have to attach yourself to one thing to the fullest while shitting on everyone else
>autist struggles to understand that both can be competent but you can prefer one of them
take human 101 you fucking neet

>>60990293
>small
I believe bare vi is just as small if not smaller. It's more likely simply normie friendliness when that Ubuntu noob needs to edit a file when following a tutorial on the web or something.
>>
>>60991737
Yeah thats the point its there to edit wifi configuration files not to write 1000s of lines of code its point is to be simple and accessible not autisticly efficent.
>>
>Not using ed
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?
>>
I use nvim
>>
Told my story here before but:
When I started with linux, I googled "best text editor linux" and 90%+ of the results said vim.
No regrets.
tl;dr It's google's fault.
>>
>>60986799
fpbp
>>60987436
>uganda-ware
kek
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.