[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How right is this video when it comes to mic setups? https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

How right is this video when it comes to mic setups?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9SbQWyex0

And does anyone have any good suggestion for mic setups for recording audio for commentary/streams/etc?
>>
>>60985307
I literally just bought an audio Technica 2035, with a pop filter, and a 2i2 focusrite. Don't forget to get a phantom power. Works great
>>
>>60985341
I don't understand why you would need the phantom power if you already have the 2i2?
>>
>>60985647
More fps's
>>
>>60985307
the blue yeti doesnt suck
but its obviously not going to outperform a proper studio setup with an amp and dedicated soundcard
its a fine mic for a simple setup, but just a bit overpriced
>>
>>60985307
If you're an elitist asshole sure. As far as USB mics go it's great. Big fucking surprise that spending $1000+ on a mic using an xlr amp will beat a $50-$250 usb from mic.

Seeing how this guy seems to be recommending foam paneling your whole room he's an idiot.
>>
>>60985307
>muh usb mixer
Neewer NW-800 vs Shure SM58 are the only two options.
>>
>>60985307
Probably about as right as the "How to be an online voice actor" videos since they basically echo the same viewpoint, give you the same information and some of the same recommendations to the point of making me question whether this video is using that video as a base or not since the words and imagery initially used to describe the Yeti are basically identical.
>>
File: 1446512631569.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1446512631569.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>60985307
my blue yeti works for what I use it for
>15 minute video just to whine about a microphone
>>
>>60985307
For your purpose I'd say the Rode NT-USB would work just fine, best USB mic out there
>>
>>60986299
Kek, just today I bought a NW 800 + arm on Ebay as it was cheaper there than in Amazon. I need to replace one of those chinese 3.5mm jack microphones I still have plugged on my PC and the arm deal doesn't annoy me much even if it's a cheap piece of shit. Bad thing is it doesn't come with a double-sided XLR cable so I had to get one.

How's the NW 800?
>>
>>60985341
I just bought a focusrite 2i2 gen 2 and an audio Technica 2020.

Also bought a neewer 48v phantom power supply.

>>60985647
Why?

Because while the 2i2 can provide JUST ENOUGH power for the microphone, why would you buy an audio card if not to use it as an audio card? I plug in my ATHM50x's with the 6.3mm connector in there as well, and it's a little quiet and underpowered. Though it has low impedance, I found it best to just make sure everything was powered properly for maximum performance. Didn't look back. Not like a phantom psu is expensive by any means.

I love my set up. I got a shock mount and boom with internal XLR cable. Don't forget to pick up a second XLR cable btw if you get phantom power.
>>
>>60986512
>How's the NW 800?
soon
>>
>>60986928
s-soon what anon
>>
>>60986859
You have no idea what phantom power is, do you
This is hilarious
>>
>>60987028
I don't need to know. The microphone requires 48v of phantom power and the scarlet 2i2 gives around 45 by almost all YouTube volt tests. That on top of a microphone being plugged in is filled out obviously with all of my recording software and many other YouTube demonstrations. Once the might has its own power supply, the audio input from the mic is brightened and so is the output to my headphone.

Regardless of accuracy what I said is tested fact that the 2i2 should be used with a phantom power supply for best results.
>>
>>60987058
Fantastic
/g/ never fails to crack me up
>>
>>60987067
>Doesn't provide any type of argument or rebuttal.

Nothing I've said is wrong. And you've said nothing to counter anything. Fuck off.
>>
>>60987072
* Apart from regular misspellings because mobile keyboard a shit and I'm not interested enough to proof read
>>
>>60985307
I've used an official Guitar Hero USB Microphone for private "streams" for years, no pop filter or shit like that, and it was more than enough for me at least, audio is pretty good for what it is if you want to record something. You'll probably look like a retard on camera talking to it though, you need to be close to it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.