[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*BLEEP-BLOOP-BLOOP-BLEE* Anyone knows where the trope that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
*BLEEP-BLOOP-BLOOP-BLEE*

Anyone knows where the trope that computers make blooping sounds while processing information (as in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tAgYBfAOF4) come from? Modern computers -starting from the Personal PCs- certainly don't do it, and older ones most of the times had either light bulbs or a printer to relay information.
>>
maybe it was just some way to audially show represent the switching off lights?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeepingComputers
>>
>>60979208
Probably movies.
I bet they just wanted a way to convey to the audience that something was happening.
Could be wrong though.
>>
modems
>>
>>60979237
I don't know, hence why I am asking. The closest thing I can remember is my dad's company owning an IBM ATX clone which HDD actually sounded like a faint drum. I loved the sound of it. But no bleeps or bloops.

>>60979289
No, modems sounded way different, and most people in the 80s hadn't even seen one to relate their sounds with a computer.
>>
>>60979208
motherboard post sounds still do this
>>
>>60979339
Yeah, but that (regularly) is just a single beep, not the cacophony of sounds TV and Movies relate to "computers doing stuff".
>>
>>60979208
The short answer is that reality makes for bad cinema. That's why "computing" in cinema is always so dramatic and inaccurate. You only notice because you spend too much time around computers. Unrealistic sound effects are added to all sorts of mundane scenes and you don't even notice (because that's the point).

There probably is something more behind it though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.