[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to lock myself out of the internet and only allow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: internet lock.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
internet lock.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
I would like to lock myself out of the internet and only allow internet during a certain window of a few hours. Is there an app that could help me to do this?
>>
Most routers have this feature
>>
>>60978975
Yeah, it's a great new thing called "self-control."
>>
File: 1497851492318.gif (85KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497851492318.gif
85KB, 480x600px
>>60978975
u r weak
>>
>>60978975
Moderation is key. Find a new hobby or maybe smoke a little ganja and find contentment in the small and "stupid" things.
As for a Program to use I don't know. The only thing that comes to mind are the programs parents use to restrict their kids access.
>>
>>60978975
make a crontab that brings your eth/wlan interface up and down at certain times
>>
>>60978975
This is kinda pointless, if you can lock yourself out, you can always just unlock the lock. You'd have to have someone else lock you out.
>>
>>60978975
you could buy a dog and train it to plug and unplug the ethernet cable at certain times
>>
>>60978975
>Is there an app that could help me to do this?
Yeah your own free will to do whatever the fuck you want.
And whatever the fuck includes "not using the computer".

Good lord
>>
An app that does what you ask:
> + prevents you from using the internet when you would rather do anything else
> - unless you uninstall the app which is trivial to do

Learning self-discipline:
> + prevents you from using the internet when you would rather do anything else
> + allows you to focus better in all aspects of your life
> + can use that discipline and self-control to better yourself in other areas
> + gain a sense of self-respect at not needing a handler to keep you from being a danger to yourself
> + don't need to install a useless app on your machine
> - WAAAAAH IT TOO HAAAAAWD

Some people are destined to waste all of their irreplaceable time on the internet. Even if they make a post on here asking for help, they might just be one of those people. It's obvious what the difference between those people and the people who can beat it is.
>>
>>60978975
If you have less than 32GB of RAM, Google Chrome might help.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.