[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well would a i7-960 handle dual sli GTX 780 TI? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dont-be-a-bottleneck.jpg (70KB, 713x900px) Image search: [Google]
dont-be-a-bottleneck.jpg
70KB, 713x900px
How well would a i7-960 handle dual sli GTX 780 TI?

They're the EVGA Classified edition.

What's the best way to work out if something will bottleneck?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>60970721
>sli anything
lmao
>>
SLI is garbage, don't do it.

For your information, no, the i7 won't bottleneck the SLI setup because SLI setups are garbage.
>>
>>60970727
>>60970732
Why is SLI so bad? I thought 2 cards would = DOUBLE THE POWER!
>>
>>60970771
more like quadruple the stuttering
and even then your program needs to support SLI
>>
>>60970771
No, they use alternate frame rendering. IE; one card waits for the other to finish before rendering the next frame. They don't work on the same frame together, they work on one frame each.
This is pretty subtle but the take home message is that this doesn't actually speed up the rendering, it gives you more frames, but the frames aren't 1/60th of a second different- you get two frames that are exactly the same, and then a framerate/2 wait for the next two frames.
Nvidia smooths this out by adding artificial lag between the two same-frames but this doesn't solve the problem, it just means that you get two of the same frame for 2/60ths of a second, and then two of the same frame the next batch.

It's complete and utter garbage. They fix the stuttering with artificial lag so what you're actually getting is terrible.
>>
>>60970804
>>60970845
Ah ok, thanks. Good to know.
>>
>>60970771
Microstuttering to hell, poor driver support, poor game utilization, and shitty scaling (e.g. 2x cards -> 1.2x performance).
Especially with the market forces of VR driving significantly more powerful GPUs lately, just go with a single more powerful card.
>>
Is crossfire any better? My dumb ass bought a second 480 in hopes to use crossfire but failed to realize that it would hit the headers on my mATX board when trying to install it. Oh well, I can sell it on eBay for a small profit.
>>
>>60970906
SLI and Xfire suffer from the same problems for the same reasons. If anything, Xfire might even be worse, given that AMD's drivers are generally worse than Nvidia's (which is why they've been benefiting disproportionately in synthetics from the new graphics APIs).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.