[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ first time poster so sorry if this kind of shit isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: asdf.png (318KB, 332x538px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
318KB, 332x538px
Hey /g/ first time poster so sorry if this kind of shit isn't allowed here.

Long story short, bought a computer last summer, got a SMART status bad error on startup today telling me my harddrive is about to shit the bed. Warranty expired two weeks ago because of course it did. And since I'm gonna have to open up my case anyways to replace the hard drive I figure I might as well replace the battery while I'm at it since it hasn't been holding as much charge lately. Problem is I can't find any non-sketchy sites to buy internal laptop batteries from. So I have two questions:

1. Where does /g/ buy its internal laptop batteries from?

2. Are warranties a jew conspiracy?

Laptop is an Asus k501uw-nb72 if anyone cares. Pic because it's all I have because my hard drive is fucked.
>>
File: 1472247585237.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472247585237.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Bump for interest
>>
File: Service-Tech.jpg (546KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Service-Tech.jpg
546KB, 1000x667px
>Hi this is /g/-tech support how can i help you
>>
>>60970185
All I'm really asking for is a website to find internal laptop batteries. Looked through newegg and amazon but all they have are external batteries. I'm not asking HOW to replace them, I've already watched youtube videos for that and feel fairly confident I can do it. I'm asking for a reliable site to actually buy the fucking thing because most of the sites I come across that do "sell" the battery I need have a picture of a basic ass external laptop battery. If that's tech support then fuck me, I guess.
>>
>>60970163
Me likey
>>
baaaamp
>>
>>60970185
>implying /g/ is white and not poos, pacos, chinks and jews
>>
>>60970225
> battery
It's just a piece of adapter with 2 cables touching a CR2032. Unless it's custom made then you need the product id. Take out your old battery and unwrap it. It's literally not rocket science.
>>
>>60970565
By adapter i mean plug
>>
>>60970565
I don't think you understand. I have the model number for my laptop. I know which battery I need. I need a site that I can rely on that won't send me the wrong component. This isn't an issue of installation or finding a model number. Its an issue born out of the fact that every site I've been to that claims to have the part I need has been sketchy as fuck. All I'm looking for is a reliable site that a fellow anon has used that has shipped an internal laptop battery that has worked. I don't think that's too much to ask
>>
>>60970690
Kek, welcome to /g/
>>
>>60970815
4chan isn't what it used to be. Fucking hell...
>>
I don't use a laptop so i honestly couldn't tell you. But warranties are usually a total scam. Even if something breaks within warranty they'll try to screw you out of it. Sorry no one else has tried to help.
>>
>>60970093
Install gentoo
>>
Take the battery and open it up. Buy cells to replace the ones you find inside
>>
>>60970690
I dont think you understand my point. See >>60971097

You take out the internal battery, take out the wrapping and replace the cell. Sites online sell the whole thing (plug + wire + cell assembled) if your plug is not damaged you dont need to buy this.

See link http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-a-CMOS-Battery-Problem-on-a-Laptop/

It is literally not rocket science. Sheesh
>>
>>60970690
Amazon or any site will do just fine.
And it would be a dollar or so so nobody going to screw you over.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.