[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on this whole drone delivery craze. As far as I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: deliverydrone.jpg (752KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
deliverydrone.jpg
752KB, 1400x933px
Redpill me on this whole drone delivery craze. As far as I know you can't even deliver a gallon of milk let alone fly that gallon for miles? And once that gallon of milk is delivered (if drones are ever that powerful) it'll just rot and go bad in the hot sun once delivered to the front door.
>>
>>60967603
>As far as I know you can't even deliver a gallon of milk
maybe if you're talking about some little budget quadcopter sure, but hobbyists have cobbled together ones capable of carrying 20 pound payloads, hell some of the technology has been adapted for hover bikes.
>>
>>60967669
ok so the milk is delivered like I said. Now its going bad in the hot Florida sun or wherever.
>>
>>60967603
Obviously your not going to deliver spoilable goods like a regular package
For things like that you would have to be present to accept the package so you can make sure it gets put in the fridge
>>
>>60967703
and? if you're a dumb fuck and you order milk to be delivered by a drone in florida or anywhere and you aren't there to collect it you're a fucking idiot.

I don't see you saying that buying groceries in a car isn't good because if you leave the milk in there for hours it'll go bad.
>>
>>60967737
they say everything will be delivered via drone including food from Amazon Food (formely whole Foods)
>>
>uber drones will be a thing in my lifetime

wew lad
>>
>>60967751
so you simply order it when you know you're going to be home for the next 10 minutes. why is that so hard to grasp?
>>
>>60967669
>but hobbyists have cobbled together ones capable of carrying 20 pound payloads,
for like 10 minutes in the air maximum
>>
>>60967813
yes, the hobbyist versions. I'm sure Amazon the fucking company worth over 470,000,000,000 with their hands in almost every field of tech is capable of developing something far superior.
>>
>>60967603
jesus couldn't you think of a single example that wasn't fucking milk? what kind of military grade autism do you need to have to even think like this?
>>
The point is to order it and have it the same day OP so it's assumed you will be waiting for it
>>
>>60967900
The physics limiting drone carrying capacity and range are simple and universal. It's just a matter of energy density.
Unless they can make fundamental improvements in battery technology their billions will only buy them marginally better performance.
>>
>>60968194
He is grasping at straws for downsides and is desperate because he is scared to death of change
>>
>>60967603
*BANG*
Regrettably, that drone flew into my airspace.
>>
>>60967703
>>60967731
Maybe the milk gets delivered early morning (5-6am) when its still frosty out like it always has historically been?

You used to put have a milk cooler on your porch or if you had an apartment there was a slot in the wall for milk deliveries, otherwise you would need to wake up at a reasonable time to get the delivery in the morning and not sleep in until fucking midday like a reprobate.
>>
>>60967703
>Florida man goes on a rampage with his pet gator after his Amazon-delivered milk spoiled.
>>
aren't they last mile things with rechargeable batteries? why would you expect long range delivery of large objects? i think of a van with a dozen or more of those things making simultaneous deliveries of small packages while the guy delivers the big ones.
>>
>>60968969

2.4ghz jamming or hijacking, too
>>
>>60969309
Or a baseball bat
>>
>>60968384
The difference is that hobbyists care about size and weight. Amazon is going to have gigantic drones for delivering real payloads.
>>
>>60969309
Yes that'll be good until the FCC and FAA locate the source within minutes and a swat team fucks up the house.
>>
>>60967813
>company can send material into space
>same company is unable to deliver milk to paying customer
This is what you are saying.

Also if you weren't such a stupid child OP you'd remember milk used to be delivered daily.
>>
>>60969278

in 20 years it will be a self driving van with a robot
>>
>>60969606
I highly doubt we'll still be using roads in 2037.5
>>
>>60969366

i doubt the fcc/faa will locate the signal source within minutes and you can still be within 2 watt transmission limits while overpowering a drone transmitter.
>>
>>60969649
No probably not. If you do it often enough there's a remote chance some HAMfags will hunt you down for fun, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky for that to happen.
>>
>>60969649
The drone will fly up or return if it loses signal.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 640x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 640x302px
>>60968969
>civilian airspace property rights
What is this
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.