[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we get more women into coding? Should there be affirmative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1496699782485.png (281KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496699782485.png
281KB, 800x800px
How do we get more women into coding? Should there be affirmative action quotas in companies to make sure women are represented? What stereotypes need to be broken in order to offer an inclusive environment that will encourage women into the field?
>>
File: 38lSFFY.png (151KB, 766x664px) Image search: [Google]
38lSFFY.png
151KB, 766x664px
Hire prostitutes to your startup every day. They're probably smarter and produce more value than a female "programmer"
>>
>>60965728
Just make sure they are female(male) and that they have to supply their own programming socks.
>>
>>60965756
I would gladly pay for all the programming socks if I could work in an office full of female(male) programmers.
>>
>>60965824
I think if you started a programming firm made up of nothing but male(females) not only would nobody care you would probaly be lauded as a hero by the media.
>>
>>60965698
It's just not biologically possible. If you're passionate about programming and want to incorporate that passion into your love life you're going to have to date men.
>>
>>60965866
Sex=/= A field of work which is based upon social conceptions imposed by society

We need to change the notions surrounding this field to integrate female voices to make a better community.
>>
>>60965698
I'm a STEM teacher and teach middle school and high school robotics and engineering. I've been coaching in these competitions for 6-years now.

I can tell you right now, that it is not the company's fault that not enough women are hired.

From a young age, females are not interested in such a field. Even though coworkers and I have tried many strategies to keep our male:female ratio 50:50 in our classes; it doesn't work. Around 8th grade, a girl's mind becomes the ditzy idiot we know today as the "western woman".

The based females are encouraged to stay, and the even more intelligent ones listen to me very carefully when I say that they will have a well paying job just because they're female-- guess what? They stay and pursue a field in engineering, because they finally realized at a young age how bullshit feminism is-- NOT because of feminism. They realize they have what it takes to solve real problems which separates them from their idiot friends.

The truth people need to get around their tiny heads is this: Females are NOT interested in solving mechanical/abstract problems; they prefer things more socially oriented, such as lawyer, doctor, vet, counselor, teacher (specifically elementary school), the arts, and anything psychology oriented.

Female teachers who complain about this are hit with a cold hard fact I use on them all the time: males make up 10% of elementary teachers, do you think it's because elementary schools are sexist? Should we have a massive movement to get more males in elementary education? OR is it because males don't like working with that age group?
>>
>>60967102
Fucking this
It's amazing how people refuse to accept that men and women think differently and have different interests
>>
>>60965756
programming socks should be the standard uniform for the industry.
>>
File: female coders.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
female coders.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>60965698
Make more women groups, show them to society. Women defend themselves like lions when in group and gonna attract more women into it.
>>
>>60967397
Except that your forgetting the part where they will just gossip with each other instead of work
>>
>>60965698
> Should there be affirmative action quotas in companies to make sure women are represented?
Don't we have enough problems has it is OP? kys
>>
>>60965698
in 20 more years when parents stop buying dolls for girls and computers/xbonexes for boys

it's all a fucking stereotype and cultural thing
>>
Why do we need to force women to like programming? It should be compulsory.
>>
>>60968529
>>60967102
>>60967132
Absolutely these /thread
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.