[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>application takes 50 MB? >im not installing that bloat,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 33546.jpg (429KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
33546.jpg
429KB, 2272x1704px
>application takes 50 MB?
>im not installing that bloat, sorry

/g/ is really autistic
>>
who quote
>>
>a program with identical features is 80kB and uses 2.5MiB of RAM
>being retarded enough to use a bloated piece of shit instead of a functional program
Let me guess: you're a GUI baby who installs 50MB of gtk libraries and dependencies to use an already perfect CLI application, or you're an Electron shill who wants to force his bloated javascript bundled with a browser onto the desktop.
>>
File: asdfqwer.png (153KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
asdfqwer.png
153KB, 530x298px
>>60963901
HAHAHA FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING MEMESTERS WITH YOUR "WHO ARE YOU QUOTING" BULLSHIT

I'M ACTUALLY QUOTING AN ANON FROM THE LAST /GPT/ WHO WAS BEING AUTISTIC HAHAHAHAHHA YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE TO ASK WHO AM I QUOTING NOW YOU BITCH

WHACHA GONNA DO NOW FAGGOT???
>>
>>60963975
Link or bullshit
>>
>>60963957
Actually, I found an azw3 version of "The Python 3 Standard Library through Examples" and none of my cli ebook tools supported the format.

Downloaded a 150MB ebook suite called Calibre, it converted the 200MB book to pdf in less than a minute. Fuck that shit, I always loved non-bloat but some things just don't work well with minimalism.
>>
>>60964003
how new are you exactly?
>>
>>60963893
What does Stallman do for a living? He looks so busy with that laptop in all the photos of him.
>>
>>60964043
he is a model for the GNU-TV
>>
>>60963893

50 mb of ram or of harddrive space?
>>
>>60964006
To be fair Calibre is probably a mess of utilities and libraries in order to convert and interface with all those devices.
>>
>>60964787
Yeah, but judging by the capability of other tools to do the same, there probably isn't an efficient way of doing it in less space.

And honestly, 150MB for an application?
Man, I used to install games that were times that size and not bat an eye back in 2000's. Nowdays even laptops have at least a terabyte of disk memory.

>>60964717
harddrive space
>>
>>60963893
But that's bloated
>>
honestly if your software takes up more than 1MB of hard drive space, it's unneeded bloat
>>
>>60963893
>What do you mean you DON'T want to work with an unproven, barely tested, no warranty having software?!?!?!?
>YOU PROPRIETARY KEK!!!
>>
>>60964717
i just ejaculated, thanks
>>
>>60965891
even the templeOS .iso is ~17MB
>>
File: 1496458632431.png (155KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
1496458632431.png
155KB, 465x465px
>>60963893
I have 8GB of RAM. I'm not using half of it for a browser. That's fucking ridiculous. How much RAM a program should be using depends on what it's actually doing. I'm not going to support shitty programmers like the fags that make KDE. Fuck them and their wallet app.
>>
>>60963893
The Origin "thin" installer is over 50MB.
>>
>>60969012
Unused ram is wasted ram.
>>
>>60969036
I'd rather have unused RAM than programs always eating into my swap, niggerfaggot.
>>
>Accusing /g/ of being autistic
Nice one, really helps your argument.
>>
>>60969091
The Ram management services are way more intelligent then you are at managing services,they have been around for over 30 years.

Its called caching bro

>swap
Get more ram
I dont even use my swap ever even under full load
OOM,not even once
>>
>>60963893
How about this guy >>60965230
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.