[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I want to make an application and I would like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Let's say I want to make an application and I would like to earn something ( just something, even symbolic) but I hate ads and I don't see donation a realistic approach. Is shipping a miner with the app such a (((jew))) move o something acceptable?
Obviously:

> I will say clearly that there is a miner
> It will running only when the application is running
> It will be easy to turn off

I also want to say that I don't know much about cryptocurrency so maybe I'm missing something and the while idea is not applicable
>>
>>60963767
Get it sponsored instead.
"MyApp - Sponsored by BizCo" on the splash screen
>>
>>60963767
you will be blacklisted forever, and be known as the guy that tried to put a miner in the program
>>
>>60963850
Why ? Is it illegal?
>>
Yeah go for it. uTorrent been doing that for the last like 4 years and literally no normie ever batted an eye on this.
>>
>>60964301
Not illegal, but massively dickish. Great way to have your name be blacklisted by many communities and have no one download your malware
>>
>>60964680
How can be considered a malware if it is explicitly stated and can you easily turn it off? Have you read what I wrote?
>>
File: LT16F7x.jpg (262KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
LT16F7x.jpg
262KB, 960x1280px
>>60964741
It will be known as malware for having a miner in it by default
If its FOSS then someone will just fork it without the miner at all and that fork will become more popular
If its proprietary no one will believe that you can actually turn it off so they just won't download it

If you want to make a program and make money off of it just make a phone gayme with micro-transactions
Doing anything remotely like that for a desktop program is retarded

This >>60963811 would probably be the best idea, but no one would really agree to be a sponsor until the program is already fairly popular
>>
>>60963767
Just make the user pay for the app.
>>
>>60963767
that's literally what Microsoft did with windows 10.
>install windows
>use it as a botnet to provide other computers windows 10
>>
bumpity
>>
File: Norm.png (393KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Norm.png
393KB, 500x600px
>>60963767
>Racist idiot has bad idea
>>
>>60963767
you wouldn't even earn a fraction of the money you would earn through ads and you'll also be causing unnecessary wear and tear on your clients hardware which will decrease usage.
>>
>>60963767
> I will say clearly that there is a miner
All adware clearly says it's adware if you read the EULA. Try it and see.
>>
To clarify, I meant a desktop application

>>60967755
>Racist
?

>>60967833
I obviously meant something else, like a fucking big red button that shows "stop mining"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.