[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Their verdict? “It’s a glue-filled monstrosity. There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: vpavic_170604_1751_0122.jpg (202KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
vpavic_170604_1751_0122.jpg
202KB, 1400x933px
>Their verdict? “It’s a glue-filled monstrosity. There is nothing about it that is upgradable or long-lasting, and it literally can’t be opened without destroying it.”

Microdrones will defend this
>>
hey you are the same bitch that post that fucking shit on /v/, pls make me a favor and KILL YOURSELF
>>
/g/ doesn't defend it
just like they don't defend the macbooks where everything is soldered and glued
>but at least you can open it and still do nothing
same end result
>>
>>60962109
Don't care.

I've ever only opened a laptop to upgrade the wifi module, ram and SSD. Surface has all that so there's no point in opening it. By the time the battery is "bad" I'll already have moved on to a different laptop anyways.
>>
>>60962109
well no shit it's a device made for normalfags
>>
meh
>>
>pc means desktop

I love this meme
>>
>>60962109
>Thin and light in 2017
>expecting user replaceable parts & repair friendly construction

How gnu are you? fuck of back to 2012

Totally not saging this
>>
>>60962109
Who is they?
>>
>>60962181
>>>/v/
>>
>>60962109
im not gonna defend it or its pricing, but just because its glued doesnt mean it cant be repaired.
Glued/soldered phones are repaired as well, this is no different really.
Though what it means that you yourself might have trouble repairing/upgrading it, but guys at your local pc repair shop, should be able to do repair jobs fairly easily.
>>
>>60962780
It literally can't be repaired because the process of opening it permanently damages the device, and on top of that everything you could ever want to upgrade is soldered.

>>60962587
Put the RAM and had drive slots on the bottom of the case behind a door. Done. There is no practical reason that these aren't upgradeable other than Microsoft greed.
>>
While it would be nice to be able to repair whatever is in your laptop, the truth is it's often not worth it.
Laptop rarely fail when they are under warranty and if they do that's what the warranty is for. And then when they fail later one, components are often rare and expensive. It's often more worth it to spend the money on a new, more modern one.

Basically, people won't care.
>>
>>60962811
because it's soldered on you retard, a socket increases thickness two fold.
>>
>>60962109
>3rd Gen i5 btfos everything until baby lake
>this literally never stopped 4th 5th and 6th gen cpus from selling
>it doesn't last long
>implying normies ever upgraded their shit anyway and /g/ doesn't buy anything that can't opened in 10 screws
>whining about a product that isn't made for you
Why do you guys whine about everything? Just buy products made for you
>>
why would I open my fuckin laptop?
>>
File: ubZzYrg.png (39KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
ubZzYrg.png
39KB, 650x500px
>>60962109
>>
>>60962811
cpus and gpu are soldered on laptops as well, but they can be swapped/repaired. just because its soldered doesnt mean it cant unsoldered and swapped.
I swap the Ifixit video and generally speaking, they were hastilly trying to open it up, without actually taking there time and slowly and carefully use heat gun and patience. Instead they manage to melt button (pretty sure its on purpose), then alcatera cut marks are just pathetic.
An experience repair guy will be able to open up surface laptop without any leaving any marks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.