[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've had a Samsung Note 4 for quite some time now, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

So I've had a Samsung Note 4 for quite some time now, and just as all phones do the battery life was shit. However, the replaceable battery was one of the main reasons I changed over to Android. So when the battery life began to turn to complete shit, I bought a brand new Samsung brand battery for my phone 100% sure it would bring it back to new. But to my surprise, it did literally nothing in terms of renewing battery life.

Just so you know how embarrassingly bad the battery life is with my brand new battery, to use it i basically have to keep it plugged into a power source constantly to be able to use it. The phone dies when the battery hits 80% and it takes maybe 10 minutes of use for the battery to drop to 80%. Even if I'm not using it, like leaving it unplugged at 100% overnight, it will die by morning time. I've avoided updateing the OS out of fear that would make the batter life worse. And in an attempt to figure out what was using all the power, I've been tracking the power usage and its seemingly pointless stuff thats using almost all the power, like the screen or just standby.

Now obviously the correct answer would be to get a new phone, however I got this phone specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with this. Could this issue be fixable, is it a virus (sorry im an idiot but I assume that's possible on android)
>>
>>60960275
>The phone dies when the battery hits 80%
that's not supposed to happen
I've had a note 4 since launch and I still get a full days' use out of it
>>
>>60960275
don't be a fucking idiot, install the updates
if that doesn't work, call samsung or your carrier, you helpless piece of shit
see you and your shitty thread on page 11
>>
>>60960335
I know it's not, especially with a new battery. And I really mean it's a new battery. Bought it from samsung new in the package thinking that maybe the first battery was going bad.

Would it help to just back up my phone and do a factory reset to try to purge any programs or viruses from my phone?
>>
File: 6glers.png (574KB, 810x819px) Image search: [Google]
6glers.png
574KB, 810x819px
>buying gookshit
lmao
>>
>>60960360
That shouldn't make a difference according to you then weather the updates are installed or not. And yeah, I did talk to my carrier (verizon) and they literally said "yeah, we usually tell all of our customers not to install updates because that's what it does". They essentially put the blame on me for having updated my OS and almost insinuating that it was my fault that the battery life is shit. Which I clearly know isn't the case, and is completely absurd
>>
>>60960409
Remind me again which phone is made in the US?
>>
File: 1497545677729.jpg (84KB, 261x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497545677729.jpg
84KB, 261x490px
>>60960445
>even burger burgershit
>>
Get the powebear battey for it's great
>>
>>60960631
I don't think getting any battery for it will fix the problem. I feel like the issue is on the phone side, not the battery side.
>>60960601
so then suggest a phone
>>
File: 1493084642888.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493084642888.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
go buy a new phone, dont waste time trying to fix it
>>
So you bought a shitty battery, boo fucking hoo. The GN4 is one fantastic device even today, get a proper LineageOS ROM on it, don't fucking gimmick or trick it out too much, get a custom kernel where you can adjust the governor to something that offers good performance with great battery life, and if necessary get an external battery case or extended battery like something from ZeroLemon.

I had a GN4 recently, found it laying on a street (I returned the microSD card to the owner by mail because it had thousands of photos on it but I kept phone, I'm nice like that but not stupid, I mean really) and it had a ZeroLemon 10K mAh battery case on it, fucking thing lasted 4 days on a charge using Lineage, unbelievable, with like 15+ hours of SOT as well.

Sold it for wicked profit but I do miss it, I really do.

OP: stop being a dickhead, you have a great phone with a few minor issues, it's not the end of the fucking world.
>>
>>60961111
You must have autism, because I'm not complaining about the phone, I love my phone, I don't want a new one. I didn't buy a shitty battery, it's a problem with the phone. I was trying to ask people for suggestions on what to do about getting the phone working properly.

>you have a great phone with a few minor issues
Being able to use the phone for 10 minutes at a time is not a minor issue. I essentially have a cellphone landline. I just want suggestions on how to fix the phone.
>>
Something I'd wrong with the batteries you're buying then. I still have a note 3 and while the oem battery that came with it isn't as long as before, it's still good.
Buy anker batteries for your spares.
Also consider replacing your charger port and cleaning off all contacts, and doing a factory reset. I replaced the charger port and now my note 3 will probably last another year and a half at least.
>>
>>60961271
Im pretty sure it's not the battery. I'll try doing a factory reset to see how that affects the battery life first. I just don't want to get scammed into buying a new phone when mine is perfectly fine and I've taken good care of it
>>
>>60961212

I gave you the solution: use Lineage (because it sounds like you're a pure stock person and that's not gonna work), get a custom kernel (the GN4 has a fucking shitload of custom everything and a huge community of support behind it), get a better battery or an extended capacity model, or an external battery case like the ZeroLemon 10K mAh one I mentioned, that's not the only one of course and there are smaller ones that don't have a case quite so thick and large but still offer extended capacity.

The "brand new Samsung battery" is almost guaranteed to be a fake if you didn't buy it directly from Samsung itself - if you can rub the date code off the back it's a fake, try it sometime, the date code printing is proof it's a fake because the real Samsung batteries print the date code when the label is made, not on top of it after the fact. The fake ones use a process where the label is printed and then they go back and print on top of that label with ink that simply wipes off easily with a thumb or finger, it's an instant surefire way to know it's a fake battery and I've seen hundreds of 'em on eBay/craigslist/etc with scumbucket sellers claiming they're official OEM Samsung batteries and they're not.

Unless your phone is truly defective or your current stock firmware (if that's what you're using) has some glitch in it someplace there is no reason that "new" battery would be worse except for it being fake and nowhere near the actual capacity the seller or the printed label on it claims.

I'm betting it's a fake battery, personally. Regardless, the latest available version of Lineage for the GN4 + custom kernel with some config changes = awesome performance and awesome battery life, seriously.

Considering that the GN4 is now officially almost 3 years old (release date October 2014) and the "acceptable" lifespan with original batteries is 18-24 months then you're well outside the expected lifespan but Lineage can make it literally a new device.
>>
>>60961316

tl;dr You can't rub the date code or serial number off a real actual OEM Samsung battery - but you can easily do this on a fake battery in mere seconds.

Just in case some folks have reading comprehension problems.
>>
>>60960275
root your phone
install resurrection redux/remix
buy a powerbear 7500mah battery
enjoy 3-7 day battery life

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-verizon/development/resurrectionremix-t3582789

https://www.amazon.com/PowerBear-Samsung-Extended-Battery-Protective/dp/9652676764/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497808234&sr=8-1&keywords=powerbear+7500+note+4
>>
>>60961316
I assure you it's from samsung. I bought it directly from Samsung, not some place on ebay. I bought it from the actual company samsung. I'm currently updating the OS on my phone to see if maybe it's just an issue with the OS that I had on there. Then I will try lineage if that doesn't fix the problem. Thank you for the suggestions
>>
>>60961406

Just doing an update to the latest firmware from Samsung won't help, you need to clean install from scratch (yes, you can do that with the stock ROM) and I don't mean a wipe either but flashing the full latest stock firmware direct on the device is the recommendation.

Doing an update still leaves all that garbage that's been accumulating for the whole time you've owned the device.

As stated, there's nothing wrong with that GN4 more than likely, it just needs to be thoroughly wiped clean and have a fresh install of either the latest stock firmware directly using ODIN (easy to do) or installing Lineage to get past the fucking Touchwiz bullshit once and for all.

You put Lineage on there and I promise you it'll be like it's brand new all over again, continuing to use the stock Samsung firmware is tantamount to trying to use that GN4 trapped in a time distortion field where time moves at 33% normal speed, no joke.

Stock Samsung firmware = death as time passes, it's just got to fucking go, seriously.
>>
wipe battery stats, nigger
>>
>>60961406
Did you buy it from amazon with the seller being listed as Samsung? Because often times they don't actually come direct from Samsung and its actually a third party refurbisher or someone selling
>>
>>60963200
Continued long story short if you were actually buying new OEM batteries or a good third party battery, and if you actually take care of your phone, there is nothing that can cause this short of some kind of virus or glitch that is shutting your phone off at 80%. Try a factory reset and think really really hard if you're buying the right batteries, because I'd be willing to bet you're just retarded and bought it off Amazon because you saw Samsung in the seller name.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.