[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a grey market phone so the charger sent was a chink one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Bought a grey market phone so the charger sent was a chink one.

is it bad or does shit get fucked up if I use one of these travel adaptor things long term?
>>
>>60954177
if it's okay with being fed whatever mains voltage and frequency is where you are, yeah, go ahead and just use a plug adapter. Some of those things are kinda dodgy but it's really hard for something to go wrong when you have a phone charger that's drawing a measly ten watts or so.
>>
>>60954177
Adapters in general can be fine, but I'd be wary of whatever shitty ones the chinks give you for free. If it's anything like the last one I got which arcs continuously inside the socket, then it's not worth the housefire risk.
>>
>>60955086
ok I may just buy my own one.

any brands in particular to check out?
>>
>>60954177
It's just a fucking AC adapyter! If you're concerned about it, use a DMM and verify there's nothing between in- and out-pins.

Jeez!
>>
>>60955459
If you're gonna buy new stuff you might as well just buy a new charger that uses the proper plug for where you live. Anything with the same charging port as your phone (I think they're all just micro USB anyway) and enough current capacity will work. There's a huge market for them, so they're cheap.

Technically they're chink shit too, but good luck finding an AC adapter anywhere in the world that doesn't trace back to somewhere in China.
>>
My Xiaomi charger works fine after 6 months of use with a UK adapter.
>>
>>60955575
The quality of AC adapters matters a lot
>>
>>60954177
I once plugged a new charger and the thing almost blew up, a loud bang and the inside was fried to crisp, stank me whole vag up.
>>
>>60956920
>>60957023
I'm not worried about the charger.

more so the adaptor that came with it so I can charge it locally.like those things in the op picture.

are the certain brands and stuff for travel adaptors that to should be getting. instead of the freebie chink one that was sent with the phone
>>
>>60957023
That's why I suggested he/she take a DMM to it
>>
File: 1489182723182.png (193KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489182723182.png
193KB, 657x527px
jus plug it in2 usb port in computer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.