[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /g/ Are there any programs that help you monitor all router

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: glasswire[1].jpg (50KB, 595x449px) Image search: [Google]
glasswire[1].jpg
50KB, 595x449px
sup /g/

Are there any programs that help you monitor all router activity besides client-side shit like wireshark? Preferably some kind of GUI that makes it relatively easy to see the amount of traffic and bandwidth being used, without sacrificing in-depth information?

Would, obviously, have all router login information and shit, but the web tools are so horrendous and aren't live capturing/monitoring so just wondering if this is even a thing.

As an example, i've been using Glasswire (pic related) and it shows me all the information I need with the GUI i'd like but only on this one device, not the router itself.

Would I have to get a custom firmware for the router to do something like this?
>>
>>60949379
Assuming you're routing isnt a shitbox, they pretty much all support NetFlow.

>Would I have to get a custom firmware for the router to do something like this?
Cisco FirePOWER Threat Defense Virtual will do it too
>>
>>60949476
>routing
router
>>
>>60949476
its the cucknood.net macfag who thinks everyone should use hugeass cisco 150w at idle routers at home again here, lmao
>>
File: Power Consumption Under Load.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Power Consumption Under Load.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>60949495
>its the cucknood.net macfag who thinks everyone should use hugeass cisco 150w at idle routers at home again here, lmao
150 watts isnt much at all. And I retired the ASA 5510 and use Cisco FirePOWER Threat Defense Virtual now. I still have the Catalyst 3750E
>>
>>60949476
Ah that image looks like exactly what I'm after. Organized and concise.

Thanks for the info, gonna look into that now.
>>
>>60949520
Just a FYI but it needs 16GB RAM and 8 CPU cores. Technically you could get away with about 12-14GB and 5 cores.
>>
>>60949519
go to /r/homelab, that is the place for hardware fetist autists like you who believe you need this kind of equipment at home
>>
>>60949539
>go to /r/homelab
It is full of poorfags and I get downvoted constantly when I tell people they were retards for using ZFS because muh bit rot which wouldnt be a problem if they bothered to read datasheets, knew what unrecoverable read errors were, and that they should have bought enterprise class disks.
>>
>>60949536
> it needs 16GB RAM and 8 CPU cores

fuck my ass
>>
File: laughing animu girl.jpg (10KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
laughing animu girl.jpg
10KB, 221x228px
>>60949539
only the most lowly of plebeians have no need for a Cisco FirePOWER
>>
>>60949562
Buy a real router which supports NetFlow and there are tons of software packages which will accept the NetFlow data and make pretty graphs and tables for you.

It needs that much because it has a IDS and malware protection and a bunch of other shit integrated in to it, and is designed to manage large environments with hundreds of appliances.
>>
>>60949562
more FTDv pics
>>
>>60949562
>>
File: 1496044144852.gif (2MB, 295x254px) Image search: [Google]
1496044144852.gif
2MB, 295x254px
>>60949519
>1kW+ for a homeserver
>>
File: Bed Server.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Bed Server.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>60949777
It is about 925 watts under a full load, I forgot to load the disks in that pic. I have a second (pic related) but it is usually powered off because as you mentioned, power bills/heat.
>>
>>60949596
>>60949725
>>60949747
yeah it's pretty clear it has the information I'm looking for, but I was just assuming the monitoring aspect of it wasn't that heavy. Doubt I'll ever be able to get that kind of information out of my current home router
>>
>>60949791
>Doubt I'll ever be able to get that kind of information out of my current home router
What is your internet connection speed and your budget?
>>
>>60949796
It's a pretty shitty home connection, around 150/150 Mbps. The fact that I'd need to make separate purchases kind of answers my question, I was hoping I could just use my current system to occasionally view that kind of information when the need arises, but it doesn't look like that's possible after doing some minimal research.
>>
>>60949907
To expand on this, I've pretty much only used nmap to analyze my network, never gone anywhere beyond that and never really had the need to.

Only recently have I had the desire to really get into the monitoring aspect of it after using things like the OP pic, extremely useful but limited to just my system, not the entire network. Looks like a whole new beast entirely.
>>
>>60949907
Cisco ISR 3945 if you want to be able to utilize all services, or a ISR 2951 if you just want NAT and some other minor stuff. Or look in to virtual routers which support NetFlow.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/legacy/0/5/3/78350-white_paper_c11_595485.pdf
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.