[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you lads upgrade your cpus so often? >using a 3570k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1491603732429.jpg (81KB, 690x919px) Image search: [Google]
1491603732429.jpg
81KB, 690x919px
why do you lads upgrade your cpus so often?

>using a 3570k
>/g/ wants me to "upgrade" to ryzen
>a 1600 literally has -3% single core performance in comparison to a 5 year old cpu

can we all agree that upgrading your cpu should happen every decade?
>>
I'd say if your CPU has core 2 in its name, or is earlier than that, it is probably time to upgrade your CPU. If you're still using fucking Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge, you're probably fine.
>>
>>60940378
People are still happy with their OCed 2500k and 2600ks. Only real reason to upgrade if if you really need extra cores for things like video encoding.
>>
I don't because CPU upgrades are a pain.
>>
CPUs are a meme. You could probably still use a dual core and be fine.
>>
If you are on Nehalem or older you should upgrade. Newer than that, no.
>>
Threads have show a lot of nehelam era people upgrading to ryzen. That was the time when you could get a quad core for ~£140.
>>
Clockspeed is only one measurement of a CPU's power, and not even particularly useful.
For 99.9% of users (inc. gaymers), however, CPU should just werk.
>>
I only upgrade my CPU when I build a whole new computer
>>
>>60940378
what is that glue-filled monstrosity
>>
>>60940555
that's a boy
>>
>>60940378
A Zen2 8 core would be a viable upgrade for you. I'm a 6600k corelet myself and we're doing alright for another 2 or 3 years even with sandy bridge. You're a gaymer so you won't need the amazing Zen multitasking - who would've guessed? I'm also unsure how the X years old CPU vs Zen is a viable argument when skylake only improved ipc by maybe 10% over ivy bridge. Intel didn't move forward either.
>>
>>60940378
Whats his name?
>>
>>60940378
Why not?
>>
The only reason I wanna upgrade is muh VT-d
>>
Still rocking an i5 760

Only now thinking about upgrading and that's only due to the amount of heat its dumping out, not to a lack of performance.
>>
I have an i5-4460 and games that use all of its cores shit the bed when anything happens in the background while games that use only one core shit the bed all the time. I guess if you have an i7-XXXK, you're set for years to come.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.