[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if an electronic copy of a valid photo id (say,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
Does anyone know if an electronic copy of a valid photo id (say, with both sides represented, that could scan by reproducing the bar code on the back) can legally be used for identification purposes, say, at a bar?

Is there any law saying that a photo id must be in physical form?
>>
>>60936047
Some places might accept it but technically of it isn't the really thing it is s copy, a forgery even. I highly doubt it would be a legal substitute.
>>
File: received_1519049881502785.png (70KB, 233x262px) Image search: [Google]
received_1519049881502785.png
70KB, 233x262px
No Anon, DHS has mandidated security features on state identication. No sane bouncer would let you into a bar with a photocopy - it's just to rudimentary to fake.
>>
>>60936047
you'll just have to find a college student to buy your liquor for you until you graduate from high school, anon
>>
>>60936196
I recently graduated, I'm wondering about the possibility of creating an app you could just flash to bars, that would allow them to use bar scanners, and would require multi-stage verification to link your id to the app.
>>
>>60936215
(graduated from college, as in I've been 21 for years)
>>
>>60936215

It's not the code it's tying the verification to the state database somehow. You could open source the code, but you'll need crypto to make it secure.
>>
>>60936215
What you're proposing is impossible. Some kind of cryptographic ID would have to be recognised by bouncers.
And they won't, because the night clubs have nothing to gain from doing so. They'd have to spend a fuckton of money to get some crypto infrastructure just to do something that works just fine with IDs.
>>
>>60936229
>I've been 21 for years
how have you been 21 for longer than 1 year?
>>
>>60936047
>dur here copy of my id
>my name is john
No one will believe you you stinky fucking mexican.
>>
Same vein as electronic voting. It creates a potential point of exploitation. Will likely never be implemented.
>>
>>60936047
No. Legally they cannot accept it. Would they? That's up to the bartender/bouncer as that's his responsibility, and his ticket/lisence to pay if he gets caught.

If you frequent the place then there's a better chance that you'll be let in.
>>
File: image.png (578KB, 750x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
578KB, 750x535px
>takes a photocopy of an ID to a bar
>>
what the fuck is the point u austist?
You are literally physically there to begin with, how would digitalized anything benefit you?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.