[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody designs webpages as HTML first with javascript functionality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1496042182615.jpg (50KB, 588x575px) Image search: [Google]
1496042182615.jpg
50KB, 588x575px
Nobody designs webpages as HTML first with javascript functionality as an extra anymore.

The average webpage is 1.5MB

T-thanks
>>
>>60925461
well, html is xml and xml is shit if you want to have functionality on a website. shame on those who use javascript to do stuff they could have done without, but there are only a few things like that.
>>
>>60925461
Anyone who does this is generally a bad web dev or they run a large web app where it's necessary
>>
I design then that way. I only use JavaScript for the menu bar.

>>60926129
Well yeah. I am that.
>>
>>60925461
alright mr.faggot

what SHOULD I be using for dynamic web pages that have user inputs?
>>
You can only do so much with plain HTML
>>
>>60925461
Wrong.
>>
>>60926252
The problem is most webpages don't need to be dynamic. News sites shouldn't have loading screens.
>>
>>60926255
you can do enough
>>
>>60926275
That depends entirely on what you're trying to do. Most tasks require more than just HTML
>>
>>60926273
what about those sites that do require what I mentioned? what then?
>>
>>60925461
>Nobody designs webpages as HTML first with javascript functionality as an extra anymore.
I do.
>>
>>60926291
You use html forms obviously.
>>
Why do people use stylesheets? What is there that you want to do that you cannot do with inline style rules?
>>
>>60926338
I'll just use Django ;^)
>>
>>60926343
its much cleaner and organized when you use stylesheets
>>
>>60926343
If this isn't bait you're a moron. Inline styles can do everything because they are CSS. The point of external stylesheets is to put all your CSS in one place so you don't clusterfuck multiple languages in one file. Your logic is like saying why have .js files when we can stuff all JS in script tags or in event attributes like onclick.
>>
>>60926377
>>60926381
>not putting styles in javascript along with jsx templates
https://www.styled-components.com/
>>
>>60926397
I bet they also don't embed images within javascript as base64
>>
>>60926411
I actually am doing this in HTML to save on HTTP requests, considering whether or not to switch back.
>>
>>60926523
embed every image that:
1. is not too big
2. will be seen by users on most of their visits to the webpage

let's say we have a website with some kind of ranking for coutries. and then each country has a separate details page. in the ranking view you display all of the country flags in their small variant. in the details view you display a large flag for the country.
in this scenario I would embed the small flags and leave the large versions alone.
>>
Problem stems from everyone using frontend frameworks when jQuery is really all you need.
A completely empty React project is 1.48mb, production.
Not to mention the shitload of tracking and ad scripts pretty much everyone puts on top of their shitty MEAN stack.
>>
>>60926944
Yeah thats pretty much how I am doing it atm.
>>
>>60927006
jQuery is already too heavyweight
>>
>>60926252
>dynamic web pages that have user inputs
they have Google Forms for that, stupid
>>
>>60926343
several style tags got removed in html5. the W3C wants you to use stylesheets.
>>
>>60927006
jQuery is fucking disgusting garbage fuck off dumb cunt.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.