[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I "stealth seed" on my university's server?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: rikka.jpg (166KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
rikka.jpg
166KB, 850x1201px
Can I "stealth seed" on my university's server?
I don't need to actually upload shit, just keep the torrents on to gain points
>>
Why bother? Just write a script that replays the client's announce request. You don't need to even run the actual client, just make the http requests so the tracker thinks you're seeding
>>
>>60921191
if you're trying to get ahead on a private tracker, you really need to get a seedbox.
>>
>>60921191
*braps in 2d*
>>
How exactly do you plan to hide that it was you on that peer to peer share? That gets you get kicked out and now you're out 80k USD. Just seed at startbucks or at mobile phone shops like everyone else.
>>
>>60921248
>paying to pirate

I don't think you "GET" it.
>>
>>60921248
I used one for one month just to get like 2 tb of upload. I just want a simple solution since I don't torrent that much
>>
>>60921191
Hide a server in the basement somewhere and use a USB to transfer data.
>>
>>60921322
It's still worthwhile to pay to pirate so long as the cost of your piracy is lower than the cost of the goods you are pirating. Preferably by a fairly wide margin.

I mean don't get me wrong doing 100% for free is the best but some people need VPNs and seedboxes or whatever.
>>
>>60921322
A seedbox is a lot more than "pay to pirate". With a seedbox, your risk of being found by your ISP is much lower. You don't expose your IP to authorities.

If you don't care about that, than just seed to your heart's content.
>>
>>60921322
I mean, someone had to buy the software you're pirating at least once. A seedbox is cheaper than buying everything outright.
>>
>>60921292
>>60921342

Unfortunately, or fortunately in this case, I don't live in the Land of The Free
>>
>>60921191
It's called "ghost seeding" and it's punishable on all self respecting trackers
>>
>>60921252
*sniff sniff*
>>
>>60921191
See if you can farm some logins from people. As its a university, there should be plenty of normalfags that carelessly throw their usernames and don't pay attention.

Use those usernames to setup seedboxes, nothing too intensive. Also do not set those seedboxes in a static place that has ties to you. Rotate those logins so its not always using one user.

Continue to farm more logins and you'll set up a decent network sooner or later.

I did this while I was in college a decade or so ago, pretty sure you can still do it as people haven't changed much.
>>
>>60921648
*chain rattling sounds*
>>
>>60921672
Good idea
My default password was only 6 digits long, maybe I can just brute force it lmao
thanks
>>
>>60921191

>gain points
>private tracker fags will literally suck dick to "get ahead"

imagine being this cucked
>>
>>60921694
*bone clacking sounds*
>>
File: reimu.png (646KB, 1364x1200px) Image search: [Google]
reimu.png
646KB, 1364x1200px
>>60921774
this is how anon got expelled and ended up with multiple felony charges. goodbye.
>>
>>60921774
Check to see if your school has some sort of remote shell service with a default password. My school has Linux servers you can SSH into and when you first login you use a default password before setting a private. See if your school has something similar and find some usernames of non-CS majors and seed from that.

Don't forget to spoof your MAC address.
>>
>>60921191
Why don't you just use a VPN?
>>
>>60921191
Just bring a pizza and beer to the netadmin every week.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.