[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my grandmother recently died and I was cleaning out her basement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170615_214304497.jpg (189KB, 1542x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_214304497.jpg
189KB, 1542x867px
So my grandmother recently died and I was cleaning out her basement and found this old thing. The monitor was nowhere to be found and it doesn't appear to have the traditional VGA hookup.
What do?
Also does this make me a macfag now?
>>
>>60920709
oh noes
you contracted THE GAYS
>>
what else did you find? pics of your grandma and her oldschool dildo
>>
>>60920709
iirc the old apples use y/c connection which is essentially s-video. post video connector and I'll tell you what you need for a display
>>
>>60920709

Apple IIe from the looks of it, might be an earlier one. Not rare or valuable but fun to play around with. If you're lucky you might find someone in your area selling an old composite CRT monitor that will work with it on Craigslist.

I snagged a fully worked Apple IIGS with disk drives, monitor, and keyboard/mouse for $20 last year. Nice little piece of history, and the nostalgia b/c we had a million of the things setup in the computer lab when I was in middle school.
>>
>>60920731
>iirc the old apples use y/c connection which is essentially s-video
Apple II is RCA composite you ninny. This entire thread is why nu-/g/ sucks shit.
>>
File: 1395686534204.jpg (29KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1395686534204.jpg
29KB, 448x450px
>>60920709
rip granny
>>
>>60920765
it's a II plus, Im pretty sure it has a 15 pin connector that can do rgb, I think I was mixing it up with the commodore. I dont keep a detailed list of ancient pcs in my memory
>>
>>60920810
>it can do rgb
nice meme
>>
>>60920758
it's a II+ dipshit it says it right on the fucking front of it
>>
>>60920810
Nah it just does composite out to a television or monitor
t. II+ owner
>>
>>60921084

lol, faggot
>>
>>60921101
Hmm good to know... I have an old TV I can use.
>>
>>60920709
You need to improve your handwriting.
>>
>>60921302
Maybe he doesn't want to show his hand writing.
>>
>>60921214
OP here... Fuck guys. Just plugged it in to my TV and turned it on. It made a weird popping noise from the power supply and this horrible smelling smoke emitted from it. Guessing I just blew it up.
>>
>>60921405
>Grandma rigged her apple 2 to Nuke itself if she wasn't the one operating it
Holy shit man your grandma is a criminal
>>
>>60921405
Open up the case, check the capacitors on the board. Good chance some, if not most will have to be replaced. Any cap that's bulging at the top has got to go. Do the same for the power supply.
>>
>>60921405
Shit's probably just old as hell and the caps have deteriorated depending on how it was stored and where you live. Probably an easy fix and on something that old it's worth it, boxes like that sure as fuck aren't getting any younger.
>>
>>60920709
Post her nudes.
>>
>>60921405
Replace the caps.

Search each cap value and make sure you find both the appropriate capacitance and voltage rating for each cap. Also make a thread when you go to fix it so we can laugh at you if you fuck up.
>>
>>60921405
grandma programmed that fucker to explode if someone else tried to use it

nigga your grandma was hustling something illigal
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.