[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought something like this would be useful since there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: certification-larg.jpg (473KB, 3174x2290px) Image search: [Google]
certification-larg.jpg
473KB, 3174x2290px
I thought something like this would be useful since there are always threads about going to college and getting employed and such.

>What are certifications?
Becoming certified is the IT equivalent of getting a degree. There are lots of certifications that range from being very general to being more specialized and vendor-specific. A+ certification for example covers computer hardware in general and proves you can fix computers as a technician. CCNA certification proves that you can properly use Cisco routers and switches to set up a real network. There are also certs for things like penetration testing or webdev. Basically anything that employers would want to filter out retards for has a cert.
>How do I get certified?
You get certified by passing official exams. How you attain the knowledge to pass these exams is up to you. You can go to a school, or you can read textbooks, or you can watch youtube tutorials. It doesn't matter. There are businesses that exist just to issue these exams. All they care about is your money, not how you managed to pass or if you even do. It's basically a lolbertarian's wet dream.
>What certification should I get if I want to be a programmer/sysadmin/PC repairman/whatever else?
Use the attached image or ask in the thread for advice based on the specific thing you're looking for.
>>
This is a certification general by the way. I can't believe I fucked that up.
>>
>>60920563
I'm not a retard (IQ in 98th %ile if you believe in that sort of thing) so how long does it take me to get all of these. Also, I'm NEET and incel so gobs of free time.
>>
>>60920554
>comptia
No. Not for anything.
>>
Ccna sucks dick and is ciscock propaganda.
>>
>>60920626
>I'm not a retard (IQ in 98th %ile if you believe in that sort of thing) so how long does it take me to get all of these. Also, I'm NEET and incel so gobs of free time.
There are about 150 or so course there, figure about 20 hours per course including testing. So 3,000 hours. Divided by 8 hours a day gives you 375 days. So a year working non stop. At a minimum. You'd be a beast after that year though.
>>
>>60920655
Scored me a 65k a year job so
>>
File: ifyouadickgetout.jpg (83KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
ifyouadickgetout.jpg
83KB, 250x314px
>>60920655

And if you want a networking job, we won't even look at your resume without it. It's the game we all play.

Hell, security and troubleshooting jobs that have networking under them are always a plus. Shows that you put time, effort, and (yes) even your own money under yourself.
>>
>you can watch youtube tutorials
Is this how pajeets do it? Is this why so many tutorials are made by pajeets?
>>
>>60920842
pretty much
It'd be better if they actually took a course or read a book
>>
>>60920842
Oops forgot to remove my name. Another retard point for me I guess. But still, I want to know if anyone here has actually done it this way.
>>
>>60920856
want to suck mine?
>>
>>60920554
This chart is interesting, but the certs that are actually popular with employers should be highlighted. Entry is probably CCENT, CCT Data Center, CompTIA A+, and ITIL Fundamentals. Intermediate is CCNA R&S. Advanced is CCNP R&S and maybe ITIL Expert, expert is CCIE R&S.

I'm sure there are a few more that employers look for, but most of these are really niche and probably won't be a big factor in most people's job search.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.