[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that will be $21.69 after sales tax >tip? don't worry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: robot waiter.jpg (100KB, 900x631px) Image search: [Google]
robot waiter.jpg
100KB, 900x631px
>that will be $21.69 after sales tax
>tip? don't worry, no tip required for our waitstaff!

how long until this is a reality? I know a lot of places are using kiosks/tablets for payment and ordering now, but how long until robots are bringing the food so we don't have to pay extra because (((the manager))) is too cheap to provide a living wage?
>>
>>60903767
>tip? don't worry, no tip required for our waitstaff
It's already a thing in civilized countries.
>>
>>60903778
>
t. eurocuck
>>
>>60903767
In many states, servers actually fought to keep the law that says you only need to be paid $2.50 an hour if you're taking tips.

That's because a good waitress will make a good $300 on any given night, and that's much much more than minimum wage.
This is entirely a manufactured problem created by the service industry.
>>
>>60903767
>how long until this is a reality?
Now, nobody's making you tip.
>>
>>60903805
I'm not from Europe, i don't have data caps or retarded "muh copyright pls dun torrent" bullshit.
>>
>>60903858
>don't tip
>servers will all remember you and spit in your food and bring you cold tepid shit next time
Pizza boys do this shit, they purposefully bring you could pizza if you don't tip them $5

This is why i purposefully give them a $20 and call up the place and force them to drive all the way back to give me my change.
>>
>>60903894
*cold pizza

Also I forgot to add, it works better if you order from different places on rotation, the turnover rate is really high that you'll never see the same person twice.
>>
>>60903767
i'd actually be willing to go out if machines served me.
>>
>>60903767
That level of automation can only exist alongside universal income. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>60903907
>millennials don't want to eat overpriced reheated sysco food
WOW STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>60903894
Never had an issue with not tipping. If they ever did bring me cold pizza, I'd complain about their service being slow and the food being delivered cold. I worked in a restaurant for a few years and people always talked about spitting in customers' food and shit but everyone was too scared to lose their jobs to actually do it. I don't think it happens often at all. Based on my experience, not giving a tip doesn't worry me. If they actually want that money, they can get a real job.
>>
>no taxes added to your total
>no tips

>how long until this is a reality?
It already is, in Europe.
>>
>>60903767
>tip? don't worry, no tip required for our waitstaff!

but they already say that and still judge you if you dont tip
it should be
>tip? don't worry, we don't accept tips
>>
>>60903918
A highly automated society in America would work just fine without your trendy bullshit Communism if we just purged the ghetto welfare leeches and kicked out all the illegals.
>>
In Australia we don't have tipping, the cost of the server is integrated into the cost of the email.

This voluntary required payment is stupid
>>
File: 1496114727751.jpg (33KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
1496114727751.jpg
33KB, 400x562px
>>60903767
>after sales tax
>no tip required for our waitstaff
What the hell is the deal with burgercucks and hidden prices?
If I went to a restaurant, a cafe, or any fucking shop in general, if something says that it's going to cost $20, I'm sure as hell going to be paying just $20.
>>
>>60903923
Pizza delivery guy here for 3 years, it happens but incredibly rarely. Probably 2-3x a year I hear about someone doing something to someone's food like spitting.

I personally will never spit in someone's food but if they order every other fucking day and no-tip repeatedly after dropping $150 on pizza I shake their sodas. Another couple coworkers steal a wing or slice of pizza and push the pizza together to hide it.
>>
>>60904126
sales tax is controlled by the state, county and/or the town you're in
It's not a flat 35% VAT like in europe.
>>
>>60904143
Who cares? It's irrelevant who controls the tax, it's still the same for everyone so include it in the damn price.
>>
>>60904143
I'm not european, but even that, that's a complete non-argument.
It's not like the tax is fluctuating wildly. You're in state X, so you incorporate state X's tax into the price.
Also, pay your fucking staff properly.
>>
>>60904186
>You're in state X, so you incorporate state X's tax into the price
This way the price can be advertised properly. Different states have different sales tax rates but a $1 soda is $1 before tax in both states. It's really not that big of a deal, it's not like it's a hidden fee. Nobody sees a price and thinks they're getting that price, they know they're paying that price plus tax.
>>
>>60904212
It makes paying with cash MUCH more of a hassle, as you cannot prepare exact change in advance. It's just wasting your fucking time having to calculate shit.
>>
>>60904260
If something's priced $20.xx I know it's going to be over $21 but not $22, so I hand the cashier $22. It's not that difficult, anon.
>>
>>60904386
Wow, that seems so much nicer and easier than me going to a store, picking something that costs 22€ and giving the cashier 22€
>>
>>60904494
Wow, that difference totally seems like something worth bitching about.
>>
>>60904186
my local tax rate is 9%, the city next to me is 10.25%, you can't make one-size-fits-all promotional materials with prices on them if you include tax
>>
>>60904494
Yeah it's so much more convenient to pay 29.70 cuckbucks with VAT included!
>>
>>60903778
instead of tip you pay with your blood in the streets
i'd rather tip, thanks
>>
>>60903907
Applebee's sucks though.
>>
>>60904638
>instead of tip you pay with your blood in the streets
sounds like america
>>
>>60904683
isn't it about time for another terror attack in your country?
i don't even need to know what country you're from (unless you're Poland or Hungary which you're not)
>>
>>60903907
There is so much truth with this, it's funny really.

I'm 30 and have only been taken out to restaurants with older people, meals paid for on their treat. I've never been out to a sit-down restaurant on my own or invited out with other people my own age.

I don't want to spend $30-$50 on a single meal.

Denny's is disgusting. I know that's a cheapo sitdown restaurant with fastfood prices, but everything is saturated in butter and the overpowering smell and taste of butter makes me gag.
>>
>>60904139
>I shake their sodas
you monster.
>>
>>60903767
there was a mcdonalds near me that had a seperate room for kid's parties where you would put in your order and then it would come to the table on the back of a little model train (there was an arch in the wall between the kitchen and the room with train tracks coming out of it). this was in like 1995 --i could see that system being expanded.

>put in your order at a kiosk and pre-pay
>kitchen staff places order on a conveyor belt connected directly to your table
>>
Anyone else hate food service scum and would rather be served by clean robots than disgusting pus bags?
>>
>>60903845
Dumbass. We the customers hate it and I'm a good tipper. Like a good number of service workers make actual good money... but the majority get fucked.

The whole fucking thing feels cheap and gives me shit to worry about when I'm actually supposed to be thinking about how awesome my food is.
>>
>>60903923
>I worked in a restaurant for a few years and people always talked about spitting in customers' food and shit but everyone was too scared to lose their jobs to actually do it. I don't think it happens often at all.
My friend told me they will drop your shit on the floor or whatever but spitting was rare.

I was in the military and I can tell you there nasty shit went right in lots of people's food,
>>
It's much easier to forego traditional waiters completely and replace them with a high-tech conveyor belt. That's better than trying to design human-like robots that do the exact same job with the same movements as a normal waiter. Look towards our Japanese friends for cues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdvY0vs1b8

Such technology will not only spare us the mandatory tips but will lead to a general reduction in costs since restaurants will be arranged differently; they can be more compact and conveyors can also allows streamlining transporting plates to the kitchen and then to the dish washing units.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.