[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my yeti that i've owned for around 1 year seems to be going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 810YezTuMWL._SL1500_.jpg (108KB, 643x1500px) Image search: [Google]
810YezTuMWL._SL1500_.jpg
108KB, 643x1500px
my yeti that i've owned for around 1 year seems to be going to shit, my computer wont detect it if i use the stock usb, and if I use a third party usb, the audio quality goes to shit.

Are there any alternatives to the zalman/modmic with /g/ quality assurance?
>>
>>60901066
How the FUCK are you even considering going from a Yeti to the Zalman lavalier or the modmic?

The quality is on a completely different level.
>>
>>60901166
the quality never really impressed me, it always sounded like shit and couldn't even absorb the vibrations from having my case attached to my desk.
>>
>>60901215
Condenser microphones are extremely sensitive, should've gotten it closer to your mouth and lowered the gain.

That said, if the Yeti's quality doesn't satisfy you, the modmic/zalman definetly won't do it either.
>>
>>60901166
He's just your average consumer buying into memes.
>>
>>60901066
The Blue Yeti is the best USB microphone around. I'd recommend getting another one. Anything beyond that is XLR territory.
>>
>>60901272
I don't really have the funds to spend €120 on a microphone every year, especially when in teamspeak/discord it sounds just like the snowball
>>
>>60901300
>Don't have the funds
>Bought a Yeti just for Teamspeak/Discord
>>
>>60901320
thought it would last longer than a year.
>>
>>60901300
Get an unidirectional Modmic. It's good enough for your usecase. Zalman's sound quality isn't that great. Depending on how shit your sound card is, you might need an USB interface to go with it. (Otherwise the sound will either be too low, buzzing or both)

Don't get a condenser microphone unless you're intending on getting a scissor arm and a shock mount with it. They also require good positioning and setup.
>>
>>60901066
Never buy USB mics. These things are honestly dog shit.

An el cheapo Behringer interface (UM202) and a Behringer C1 is bottom of the barrel, but will still sound about as good as the Yeti.
>>
>>60901407
neewer sells a pretty decent clamp-on mic arm on amazon too if you need one.
>>
>>60901652
actually while I'm talking about neewer stuff, most of those chinese bundles actually sound the same as a blue yeti. here's an example if you want to piece together one although I recommend a dedicated interface for gain control. https://www.amazon.com/ZINGYOU-Microphone-BM-800-Adjustable-Double-layer/dp/B01MZCS8MY
>>
>>60901272
>>60901166

https://a.uguu.se/4tSygUuHncgw_rec_3s.mp3

there's no way they sound worse than this, right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.