[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idk where to ask so here it goes: Recently I moved out into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1496908952628.jpg (90KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496908952628.jpg
90KB, 600x450px
Idk where to ask so here it goes: Recently I moved out into the woods and without me knowing, the only option available for internet is satellite. The MS is horrible and it's on average around 600 and spikes to 2000 occasionally. I've heard that getting a hotspot will improve the MS but I don't get any service out there (1x and 2 bars at most).

My question is this: will getting a network extender and connecting my desktop to my hotspot improve MS/Latency?

>inb4 read the sticky
I've called 7 different companies and keep getting pajeets pls help
>>
>>60900748
No,its satellite,its not ment for low latency
>>
>>60900783
Bit would getting a hotspot and connecting to it rather than the satellite be better?
>>
>>60900748
What do you mean by "hotspot"? An LTE modem?

Where I am we have either satellite, or LTE internet. The LTE has to be within range of a tower typically put in by the ISP, not the regular cell towers.

We had a problem getting internet for a while since satellite was too expensive and the ISP hadn't quite expanded out to us at the time.

You're still gonna get pretty shitty ping since your still using wireless but it would be better and usually cheaper than satellite.

Thing is, most LTE providers are expensive as frigg and usually capped quite low. Around here the most you can get is 100GB badnwidth cap, and 25mbps down, 1 mbps up. All for the low low price of $129 Canadian Pesos.

You could use your phone as a hotspot and use the internet from that, but you must have an amazing plan to even be considering that.
>>
>>60901118
Excuse my plebbit spacing.
>>
File: 1463336103388.jpg (22KB, 307x285px) Image search: [Google]
1463336103388.jpg
22KB, 307x285px
>>60901118
I'm glad I don't live in Canada.
>>
>>60901193
>>60901118
>>60900783
OK thanks guys
>>
>>60900748
Finding out internet options should be one of the first things you do when you move. How stupid are you?
>>
>>60900748
Get a better antenna?
Setup a VPS and install Ziproxy(on the fly compression). Check if squid has something similar.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.