[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious questions: 1) WTF do you call this cursor? 2) I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: MOn1z.png (23KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
MOn1z.png
23KB, 240x160px
Serious questions:

1) WTF do you call this cursor?
2) I really like this big X. HOW THE FUCK do I change my default Debian cursor from mouse pointer to big black X???
3) (most importantly) HOW THE FUCKING HELL do I word my query so that I can search for the answer myself using Google????? I keep getting nothing but idiots asking for how to get rid of this "default" crosshair cursor, but I actually want to intentionally turn my cursor into a linux crosshairs. HOW DO I DO THAT??

I've been googling for at least half an hour to no avail.
>>
>>60900605
Install windows 10 and shut the fuck up
>>
>>60900605
square
install gentoo
install gentoo
>>
File: 1376761196554.jpg (138KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1376761196554.jpg
138KB, 500x399px
>>60900708
>losing marketshare to WINDOWS 7
>half your userbase was tricked into installing it and too dumb to roll back
Windows 10 is impressively bad
>>
>>60900708
I use windows 10 as a host for graphic design work. For my ratpoisoned minimalistic linux terminals, I kinda want that big X cursor that I suddenly have an inexplicable nostalgia for. :(
>>
>>60900708
>(((Windows)))
shoo shoo shlomo
>>
>>60900605
google the image and use gimp to convert it to x11 cursor then paste the file in
/usr/share/icons/[[YOUR_THEME]]/cursors/default
[[YOUR_THEME]] is whatever cursor theme your DE is using
if in doubt paste it into every folder
>>
>>60900912
...shirley there has to be an easier way that isn't so hacky??? Why can't I just delete my current cursor theme and force it to revert to the default X??
>>
>>60900605
That's actually one of the default X cursors.
You first have to disable cursor themes and then somehow set the x as cursor instead of the arrow.
>>
>>60901065
That is exactly what I want! I don't want a custom theme. I want to disable themes. :(>>60901065
>>
>>60901090
You can try running "update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme" as root and select the core theme.
I think you need to re-login then.
As for setting the x, I think xsetroot could do it but I'm not sure. Read the manpage.
I hope there's someone who knows X's slimy guts better than I.
>>
>>60901090
That's only part of it. The X shaped cursor is just one cursor in the "default" theme. Most window managers will set the cursor to left_ptr as the "standard" cursor (i.e not the hourglass "thinking" cursor or the hand "clickable" cursor, etc.).

If you run xsetroot -def AFTER the window manager loads, this will reset the standard to the X shaped cursor.
>>
>>60900956
hacky? hard? Be honest, you use linux because you want to fit in.
How cute.
>>
>>60901359
nigger you are fucking gay. I use Linux because it does what windon't
>>
>>60901359
hacky kludges make me feel like a slob
>>
Arch Linux does not have this issue.
>>
>>60900605
>uses debian
>wants big black X
checks out
>>
>>60900605
> actually wanting to be a cursorlet
please anon, you're embarrassing yourself
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.