[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ here. With the paid mods making a resurgence I totally understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1497295905878.jpg (93KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497295905878.jpg
93KB, 720x540px
/v/ here. With the paid mods making a resurgence I totally understand why you guys abdicate for free software so much now. People shouldn't be able to modify someone else's game (or any software for that matter) and make money off of it. Ideally the games should also be available for free, but we're not there yet.

My question is, what can be done about it? Can there be some DRM that prevents the mod from being downloaded if it detects that it was paid for? I don't know how that could be done, but maybe something that checks with Steam would be enough.
>>
plzzzzz kill urself
>>
Do something about it?
How about don't fucking buy any mods

/v/ is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>60896987

There's more to it than just that. The main customer base for this is the console kiddies, as in the newer generation that grew up with microtransactions, and uses mommy and daddy's credit card to buy this shit. Unlike us they don't bat an eye to this type of scam and happily buy into the jew. With paid pc mods they're just throwing the mud at the wall to see if it sticks, because they've been targeting the consoles since the beginning.
>>
File: 1492547473764.png (93KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1492547473764.png
93KB, 242x251px
I'd just like to interject for a moment. “Free software” does not mean “noncommercial”. A free program must be available for commercial use, commercial development, and commercial distribution. Commercial development of free software is no longer unusual; such free commercial software is very important. You may have paid money to get copies of free software, or you may have obtained copies at no charge. But regardless of how you got your copies, you always have the freedom to copy and change the software, even to sell copies. https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
>>
Fuck off back to /v/ you already posted this.
>>
>>60897068
>they don't bat an eye to this type of scam and happily buy into the jew.
As you already did by playing (((video games))).
>>
>>60896950
Resurgence? Dude, there were *never* paid mods before.
>>
You need to install "gentoo" on your computer it will block paid mods
>>
File: why_rms_sucks.jpg (190KB, 1000x898px) Image search: [Google]
why_rms_sucks.jpg
190KB, 1000x898px
>>60897108
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.