[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 44

File: jerry1.jpg (38KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
jerry1.jpg
38KB, 600x336px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>60887496
>>
Will mechanical keyboard help my wrist pain? I type for a living but it hurt as hell.
>>
>boot up computer
>network adapter doesn't connect automatically
>unplugging and plugging the adapter back in fixes the problem until reboot
>network and sharing
>adapter is called "wi-fi 2"
>disable
>immediately replaced by just "wi-fi"
>connects automatically

>this isn't the first time that this has happened; it was up to like "wi-fi 4" the first time I caught it

What causes this?
>>
>>60895123
that's a posture problem. not a key actuation problem.
you'll need to adjust the keyboard so that your wrists aren't bent when typing.

>>60895134
shit adapter. shit drivers.
if you need wireless and this is a desktop, consider getting a wireless client bridge.
basically a router that connects to your main wifi and converts it to a wired connection.
if it's a laptop, wtf.
>>
>>60895123
I think that 80% of mechanical keyboards need more force to press down the key than membrane ones, so be careful what you choose. Though it might be irrelevant to the wrist strain.. who the fuck knows...

look also for different aspects, like people say that TKL keyboards being short allow them to better align hands and wrists
>>
File: Screenshot_20170531-172948.png (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170531-172948.png
148KB, 720x1280px
>>60895123
My wife is a physio and I just shared this with her for her opinion. Neither of us think that there is any ergonomic benefit.
>>
>>60895123
https://codewithoutrules.com/2016/11/18/rsi-solution/
>>
It's possible to capture line breaks with regex?
>postnumber
linebreak
faggot language

This will filter at least half of the "reddit spacing".
>>
File: Screenshot_20170124-185236.png (222KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170124-185236.png
222KB, 720x1280px
>>60895134
Try Linux. You'll find out if its a hardware or software issue. Try to update your drivers and see if it still happens.
>>
Alright I got a bit of an odd one. New build with a mini EVGA 1060 using a PCIE 16x extension cable does not like my Dell U2412M monitor. Hell it makes the monitor freak the fuck out with what looks like it constantly turning on and off like it's possessed or something. Yet the monitor works just fine (using it right now) with my older PC with a MSI 970. Tried switching cables and all, nothing. Tried all the other ports, nothing.

Yet the 1060 machine works just fine with the PCIE extender and all. It's on and at the desktop right beside me using my spare AOC monitor (which only has DVI and VGA) I picked up from a thift store. Just did a benchmark where it was hitting 76C with it lying on it's side, didn't thermal throttle no issues no artifacts or anything.

It's one loud mofo though, probably didn't help I had it on it's side.
>>
>>60895242
you can try to catch \n or \r\n
>>
File: .png (21KB, 641x441px) Image search: [Google]
.png
21KB, 641x441px
>>60895242
yes, lrn2regex101
>>
>>60895283
That works wonders, actually is better than my version that check only one break line after the post number. ty.
>>
SO in my downloads and documents folders I have a bunch of random files with strings of numbers and letters and they're all 0kb, is it safe to delete them or are they actually something else?
>>
File: 1471133972041.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471133972041.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
whats a good application for viewing gifs?
>>
Today I might take the crown when it comes to asking really stupid questions, it's a legit question though.

My niece used to have a Windows computer, she has more money than brains and got her PC infected with nasty virusses fairly quick.
She moved over to Apple and bought herself a Mac because ''They are so cool and won't get virusses, EVER!!!111! xDD'', y'know how it is with women..

Anyway, she handed me over her old monitor because she always made jokes about mine (I'm still using a 1280x1024 LG one because I couldn't really afford a new one)
She will give me her 1920x1080 Samsung (S27E390H).
Of course I'm grateful and happy but I'm a bit paranoid any virusses might get transitioned trough that to my healthy PC because I read somewhere virusses could possibly be in the storage of even devices. (Like a mouse or a monitor with intergrated memory for saving settings or something)
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I would like to ask you.
Hope to get an answer soon.
>>
>>60895358
Normally browsers use those files as a "name reserve" to not have the user/programs trying to access the file mid-download.
If you aren't downloading anything, delete, nothing of value will be lost.

>>60895396
mpc

>>60895402
The virus your niece may be telling you maybe an ad/pop-up or something, but just to be safe, format without booting it up.
And no, you can't get virus on monitors or mouses. (unless the mouse is designed to have storage)
>>
I'm using a 1060 (6GB) GPU on a 1920x1080 monitor, but the thing is that I'm using a VGA to HDMI adapter on it.

Am I losing any noticeable advantage for not having a HDMI - HDMI cable instead?
>>
>>60895433
Hey there, she did not give me the computer she sold that. Just the screen she gave me, the mouse and keyboard and the headset.
I know that the headset and keyboard have no memory, the screen however seems to be able to ''remember'' settings made to it without software and so does the mouse, should I be worried?
>>
>>60895402
wow, you take the cake
1. Are you being condescending towards women while you yourself know know seemingly even less?
2. niece and uncle, and its the niece that gives her old hardware to the uncle? thats some serious role reverse was there some 30 year gap between siblings

anyway, you wont get virus from the monitor, you can finally enjoy FHD in 2017
>>
>>60895103
How would I define the page that opens first in my Javascript server?
>>
>>60895446
Well... Your router remember your WiFi settings, doesn't that mean it has viruses too?
Don't mix file storage with RAM.
>>
>>60895103
How do I remove entries from ccleaner's application tab? I don't have Firefox or CS6 on this computer anymore.
>>
>>60895495
clean registry? it obviously finds some remnants of it there
>>
>>60895509
[spoiler]How do I do that? I used CCLeaner's registry Cleaner, but it didn't fix that problem.
>>
File: speccy.jpg (83KB, 673x531px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
83KB, 673x531px
So these are my PC specs. I can play other shit super well, but when I try to play wow the game just doesn't wanna run well at all. I get >30 fps even while I just walk around the world. The card is a R9 280x. I just don't know what to do, I've clean installed the display drivers and I've fiddled with the ingame settings multiple times over.
>>
>>60895514
dunno there, you could go to regedit and search for firefox or adobe strings
but if I were you I would just ignore it
>>
>>60895519
have you tried the config text file of the game, also turn the stupid aero shit
>>
>>60895526
What do you mean by the config text file? What would I need to fiddle with there?
>>
>>60895535
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/CVar_processAffinityMask
And tons of other hidden settings.
>>
File: faceistired.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
faceistired.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
Why do niggers exist?
>>
>>60895550
So we can appreciate white people.
>>
>>60895539
Looking at my config.wtf and that setting no longer seems to exist.
>>
>>60895550
there are countries with very low % of niggers
and if you refering to the US, its because their nigger ancestors were brought on slave ships
>>
GTX 970 for 200 Eu or 1060 3gb Mini for 220 Eu?

AMD cards out of the question cause of the price incease obviously
>>
File: 1492620912444.jpg (82KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492620912444.jpg
82KB, 720x540px
Help pls.

My phone (Moto G3) is stuck on the splash animation and it freezes when trying to open recovery (TWRP).

Am I fucked? Did I brick the thing?
>>
>>60895568
You seem to be new to this, you have to define it yourself.
>>
>>60895550
The conditions in Africa lead to them having negroid features.
The term "nigger" comes from the spanish word for black (negro).
If you're asking why they exist in America, a small precentage of the population bought African slaves.
>>
I can code. I know multiple languages. What I don't understand is how to take my program from CLI to f.ex. GNOME or MATE panel. I'd like to make simple shit like a search bar for files and a media player overlay.

I can write a CLI program that does what I want but I can't understand how to move the program to GUI or integrate it with a DE.
>>
Redpill me on BlackBird.
Is it effective? Can/Should I use it with any Win10 version?
Is it enough to fill the privacy holes?
>>
>>60895672
you use framework like Qt or GTK

some lines of code, bam window on execution
some more lines of code, button that runs some functions when pressed
>>
>>60895672
>I can code.

Now it's time to learn programming so you can use qt, gtk, wxwidgets and similar tools to create GUI applications.
>>
My "disc reader"(I think that's what it's called) won't open up normally... Its brand New, and I need it to boot up an OS
When I press the button...a green light turns on.
Halp?
>>
The audio coming out of my headphones when plugged into my phone is better than on my laptop

Should I get a DAC?
>>
File: Eject_02.jpg (99KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Eject_02.jpg
99KB, 400x266px
>>60895784
yes if it is noticeable, check the headphones general/occasional non-ironic audiokek thread if they have one to recommend.

>>60895781
1. you don't need an optical drive to install operating systems in year of the lord, 2017. Look up USB installers
2. in the front of your drive there is a small hole. get a paperclip, straighten it up, insert it in the hole and push the mechanism behind. Your disc tray should open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BMFCjMaRc

Usually it will work just fine the next time but keep the paper clip ready.
>>
>>60895816
So it's normal to have it not open with the button until it's booted?

I'm new with computers
>>
>>60895832
it isn't, but there are plenty of shitty drives.
>>
I'm planning on upgrading my RAM (have only 4GB) and i was wondering if it is worth to have a new 8GB RAM running with my old 4GB RAM (with a total of 12GB).
Also, my mobo doesn't have support to DDR4, should i care about not buying a 8GB DDR4 RAM?
>>
File: 1K.jpg (132KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1K.jpg
132KB, 1100x1100px
How do resistors work?

Do you just cut the wire you want to reduce the wattage of and tie the metal ends around the cables? Do you need to solder them?
>>
>>60895445
I would say it depends on the adapter but you increase your delay for sure. Maybe disable vsync if you are using it that would probably compensate for the extra lag
>>
>>60895841
If your mobo only supports DDR3 you can only put DDR3 in there.
If that new 8GB ram would have higher clocks than old 4GB die they will both work with clock of the slower one.
Also, consider buying 2x 8gb or 2x 4gb for dual channel instead
>>
Do things like Fraps and geforce experience fps counter hinder game performance?
>>
>>60895961
I was wondering about the DDR3 because in a future, if i want to upgrade my pc again, i would need to buy another RAM with DDR4 for my new mobo.
If so, i would just wait until i was able to buy both (mobo with DDR4 socket and 8GB ram DDR4).
>>
>>60895984
Yeah, it would probably be best to wait and get DDR4
>>
Is life really worth living?
>>
>>60895975
No, anything measurable (which it isnt) would be in the margin of error
>>
Still looking for a decent irc client on android. Any ideas?
Ive tried AndChat but its shit imo.
>>
File: IMG_20170614_142210.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_142210.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Does anyone know what kind of cable pic related is?
Trying to connect a wired xbox360 controller to my main PC, but starting to think that an adapter is needed.
>>
>>60896174
The adapter should be built in. 360 controllers have a short little breakaway part near the end that they put on for some reason, and end in a normal USB. You seem to be missing the other half of the cable.
>>
File: 2pac.jpg (24KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
2pac.jpg
24KB, 324x324px
>>60896124
nah, you should blast yourself.
>>
>>60896205
Oh, found it.
Apparently the other end was already plugged in.
>>
Ok,
>power surge, wifi router stops working
>unplugging doesn't help it no matter how long it sits
>tried moving it across the room, it seems to randomly work, I got it to come on normally twice through another outlet
>refuses to come back on while plugged into the original outlet

I tried just moving the modem with it but even with all lights giving me a go, I had no internet. I left everything unplugged overnight but I still get the same errors. If I know it performed normally at least once, should I still replace it? It's like 2 years old.
>>
>>60895103
>reddit and memey
kys
>>
Netflix usually had a 10 second rewind button but it seems to have disappeared, anyone know how to get it back?
>>
Are there any good books or tutorials out there to get me started if I want to make my own custom graphic drivers?
>>
Is it possible to play Netflix or Amazon video through MPC HC?
>>
How much processing power does a reverse image search require?

Looking up anime smut on iqdb gives you a message like (searched 13,812,408 images in 3.935 seconds). Is that something a home computer could do in the same time frame?
>>
File: KqBC27JB.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
KqBC27JB.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
whats a webpage?
>>
Excel
I want a function where the result can't be higher than 1.

Been trying max functions but I can't get it to work.
>>
>>60897388
Nevermind Min function works
>>
File: FaceApp_1496638332313.jpg (23KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1496638332313.jpg
23KB, 176x176px
I have crashing issues with some newer games, notably subnautica, shadow of mordor, fo4, and most recently wow legion. Sometimes i can play for hours, sometimes 30 minutes. Ive narrowed the bottleneck down to what i think is my cpu, other than the crashes i get great performance on medium-high settings. My question is will overclocking my cpu *potentially* fix my problem? Ive never overclocked before and im running a stock cooler.

Specs

Cpu amd fx4350
Gpu evga 650ti
Wd black hdd
Ram 8gb corsair vengeance
Mobo some msi mini atx shit
>>
>>60897388
I suggest in a cell, do =MAX(range)

Then in another cell, do =IF(cell>1,1,cell)

E.g.
B8 =MAX( B1:B7 )
B9 =IF(B8>1,1,B8)

Or if you don't want two cells, just replace B8 with the MAX function, but you have to do it twice in the if statement.
>>
Been trying to learn programing and one of my books gave me the task of making a password cracker using multithreading, where you must run at least 3 threads, 2 of which are different thread functions, sharing resources safely between threads via a mutex and signalling between threads using condition variables.

Am I just retarded because this seems pretty hard for my 2nd week of learning multithreading in c++. If anyone could help me out with an algorithm, that'd be great.
>>
I want to cool a server rack that I have by piping out the rear hot air and sending it to a boiler where it will heat hot water. Air to water heat exchange systems all seem to have condensers which I dont want to make the water cold. Is there a product or DIY sort of approach I can take here?
>>
>>60897485
In order of what you should do according to what you said:

check temps
memtest
stress test cpu for errors
check for data corruption in hd

Overclocking tends to make systems more unstable.
>>
>>60897485
It's hard to tell based on evidence presented but in my experience random crashes tend to be heat related. Overclocking the processor might make things WORSE.
>>
>>60897514
>>60897536
Thanks guys ill look into all that when i get home

>>60897536
I get what youre saying and ive suspected the same thing. What confuses me is in other newer games like overwatch, i get perfect performance on max settings with no crashes. I realize games are built differently so i would get different results, but who the fuck crashes during wow? Never happened during warlords. Either way i have tests to run tonight.
>>
If electricity is not a problem could I make some moneys from joining into a pool with my single GTX 1070? I could leave it there to mine 5-6 days for at least 8 hrs a day
>>
>>60897584
By any chance are you crashing during Dalaran load screen? I stopped playing wow a little into nighthold, but that was a common occurrence. Reinstalling wow fixed it for me because Blizzard is generally incompetent. They start out with great games, and slowly ruin them over time (see: HS, WoW, Diablo, SC, HoTS, and HoTS).

The games you listed, FO4, WoW, and I think subnautica, are all poorly optimized so it might actually be a head issue. Good luck and let us know.
>>
>>60897514
Could you recommend me good stress test software?
>>
>>60897653
No, i dont crash during load screens at all, only during gameplay. I was straight up crashing at max settings, but i lowered them and i *rarely* crash, but ill sporadically freeze, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for 30 seconds. Not very good for taiding. Never happened before legion.
>>
>>60897654
Prime95 will tell you when errors occur during the torture test. This will also generate tons of heat which might help >>60897485 out in figuring out his problem
>>
how do i kill myself?
>>
>>60897654
Aida 64 and Prime 95 for CPU / RAM
Superposition and Furmark for GPU
>>
How do I fix subwoofer hum/buzz?
>>
I'm backing up my files from C and D to a new drive but I've got an error saying (Error Code 5: Access is denied), how can I solve this and if solving is not a possible solution, would this cause any big problem? I won't use the drive to boot from it, it's just a last resort in case the drive that C: on it dies and all settings of my programs disappear with it as well. Furthermore, is it okay to just select, let's say C: and the backup drive, and start the back up?
>>
chown -R qbtuser:users /Storage/Downloads
chmod -R 770 /Storage/Downloads

I'm pretty sure running these through CRON produces weird results. Using sshfs I noticed I didn't have permission to that folder, yet when I ran those commands as root there were no issues anymore.

What's going on and how do I fix it?
>>
Am I getting undepaid?

I'm a fresh out of school programmer (no prior job experience) and I'm getting paid 600 Euro monthly (before taxes) for a full time C++ programmer job. The average pay in that position is 1000 Euro. It's a normal thing right?
>>
>>60897612
yes you could make some money
>>
>>60897692
jumping under a train has highest success rate
jumping from really tall buildings on to concrete floor inconvenience less people
>>
A friend brought in a pretty old Inspiron 530 recently, because he thinks the power supply is dead.

>Plugged it in, PSU light is on. Unplugged and opened it up, MOBO light is on as well.

Power button doesn't light at all.

Is this just a failure with the power button connector? Unfortunately I don't have any kind of test bench or rig to find the failure point by elimination.
>>
>>60897768
why not clone it with acronis assuming you can make bootable dvd?
you will have cloned partition so you would even boot from it if needed

anyway, I love this little copy utility
https://ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en
>>
>>60898126
you might land on someone if you jump from a really tall building though
>>
Could router bridging bring better Internet speed than just using wireless PCI-E adapter?
>>
>>60898085
Check with your union what's normal for new grads
>>
>>60898126
>jumping under a train has highest success rate
does it really? I imagine there's a higher chance you'll mess it up with a train and only your legs will get caught in the rails while you stay conscious and scream in pain, while jumping from a really tall building will cause severe blunt trauma through out your body that would likely knock you unconscious instantly if not kill you
>>
File: jumpers-msi.jpg (66KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
jumpers-msi.jpg
66KB, 600x240px
>>60898134
most likely power supply problem
to test button you just need to find front panel connectors
disconnect all
and short the ones who are labeled power switch with screwdriver
>>
>>60898085
>fresh out programmer
>am I getting underpaid
No shit.

You should be getting a 50k job and 20 job offers you fucking retarded millennial.
>>
>>60898183
well I know I read some statistic like that someplace
the trains insane momentum just crushes everything
theres probably more force than you jumping from 11 story building as you get up the speed but you dont have the weight...
>>
>>60898085
suck it up for at least 12-18 months
it will get your expeirence up, will look good on your resume
at 12 months ask for raise of course

you are fresh out of school and got a job, you should feel lucky
but to the actual money, if its germany you are getting screwed, if its estonia its pretty ok
>>
>>60898173
>union
Heh.
>>
>>60898144
Well, I don't really have a specific reason to use FreeFileSync, I just choose that because it was recommended in the wiki. I don't really need it to be bootable though, since I'm using Windows 7 currently and I'm tired of Microsoft. I'll just install Ubuntu in my new build. I'll look into both programs you mentioned, FastCopy seems pretty nice and lightweight.
>>
File: 600.png.jpg (64KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
600.png.jpg
64KB, 600x480px
My GPU fans make a screetching sound, i think the bearings are dry

If i pull the fans off and apply some oil, will it do the trick?

Would simple sunflower oil work for example?, i dont have lube oil
>>
>>60898277
fast copy is amazing, its really fast as it can do multithreaded, if you have disk full of small files it can cut copying when compared against explorer copy to 10% of the original time, I am not kidding.

plus, it can deal with long paths / long filenames, it also gracosly deals with damaged disks, tries to copy, skips, makes list of it... not like other utilities that freeze forever trying to copy bad sector...

anyway, if you planning on going linux, then
rsync -avh <source path> <target path>
and be done with it

I am actually running such copy right now, as I was switching 3TB hdd from NTFS to ext4 and had 2TB of data copied on some borrowed drives
>>
how the fuck do I connect to an open wifi network in openbsd
>>
>>60898302
maybe, just not vegetable oil
stories I heard that usually week after any such attempt, even with proper oil, fans somehow go to shit

and no kidding I changed fans on my old twin frozer gtx560ti which lost all movement in fans two weeks ago
week after that a lighting killed that GPU, the dsl modem and on one PC on board NIC...
I ordered fans from here, they fit perfectly and run great, so if you got spare 7€ and time to wait... but you can always try some good oil method, I never tried, just what I heard

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Original-Cpu-Cooling-Fan-For-MSI-R6850-R6870-R6790-460GTX-560GTX-570GTX-580GTX-Brushless-Laptop/32416519413.html
>>
>>60898386
I found that lube oil is only 3 euro where i live
Ill just try that, i happen to have a GTX460 twinfrozer, so i'll keep your link in mind in case the fan go to shit
>>
should i throw out or recycle my broken headphones, keyboards, and a coffee machine?
>>
Really stupid question, but how do I launch a program that I just compiled in linux?

The program is the Quake map editor Trenchbroom.
>>
Recommend me a decent cooler for my fx4350 please
>>
>>60898477
H7 cryorig is extremely popular now
$35, fits mATX cases height, better performance and quieter than classic CM 212
>>
>>60898503
Neat. Thanks bro
>>
>>60898466
You type the name of the binary, including the path. Use ./ if it's in your current directory. So probably something like
./trenchbroom
or
build/trenchbroom

Or just click on it in your file manager.
>>
>>60895123
Get a trackball and use it along side your mouse.
>>
Whats the equivalent of DigitalRiver for Windows 10 ISOs?
>>
I accidentally hit delete on some large folder on one of my hard drives (over 200GB). I panicked and clicked cancel quickly, then stupidly clicked empty recycle bin.

Just to be sure, when dealing with such large folders that cant fit in the recycle bin, Windows either deletes it all or cancels the whole operation right? So whatever I hit delete didnt delete anything at all. Im too autistic about things like this.
>>
Recommend me a good editor for LaTex with "live" results? For Linux(/GNU)
>>
>>60898885
why would you empty recycled bin? missclick or brainfart?
>>
>>60898885
how can you mistakenly screw up so many things in a row
>>
>>60898890
why not just use overleaf online?
is it a bad editor?
>>
>>60898623
Yeah I found the executable. The program has other problems though. I'll probably just set up a windows partition and use that version. Really annoying though.
>>
>>60899007
Not so fond of online stuff, overleaf can get quite slow to update with bigger documents too.
>>
File: 1496631279846.jpg (46KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1496631279846.jpg
46KB, 665x574px
I'm having a really weird problem right now.

Back like two months, there was a faulty update for the Comodo Firewall that fucked up all of our family PCs and I had to reset to a backup. After that, the newly patched update went fine, but I'm having a really weird issue now.
Right after starting Firefox and about every 20-30 minutes after that, it will completely freeze and hug a shitton of CPU and write at about 30 Megabytes/second to the HDD for around 30-60 seconds before getting responsive again.

Did I just accidentally get the botnet in, or is this a known issue? I can't find anything by googling about it.
Looking at the Task Manager, it's clearly Firefox that is writing huge amounts of data to its own anti botnet protection stuff.
This happens regularly at about 2-3 times per hour.
>>
File: le-logo-twitter.png (26KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
le-logo-twitter.png
26KB, 640x640px
>host site in windows using nginx
>want SSL

How do I do this?

I somehow got letsencrypt-win-simple working for a time but then it gave me errors during renewal. Now it gives me errors when I try to manually get new certs saying that it can't verify that the acme file is hosted on the site. If you paste the the link into a browser it downloads the file so letsencrypt-win-simple must just be a piece of shit. I've tried deleting appdata and registries related to letsencrypt-win-simple to start fresh but get the same results.

Don't tell me to use linux unless you have a suggstion for a very distro that could be run in a VM.
>>
>>60899073 again
This even happens while leaving the browser completely alone or while streaming long videos.

It will freeze and start writing to the HDD into Firefoxes anti phishing/botnet files at around 30/MB per second.

It's like it's scheduled at this point.
>>
Sup /g/. What's the difference between building chips on Nand gates or And gates?
>>
How do I set up the shell in Windows so I can type "mpv <URL>" to play videos like I do on my Mac?
>>
File: slang for masturbate.png (750KB, 1023x895px) Image search: [Google]
slang for masturbate.png
750KB, 1023x895px
>>60899150
cmd (slang for command)
>>
>>60897503
Bump desu
>>
I want a laptop for college. Should I buy an older MacBook Pro (as in like from 2012) and upgrade it or buy a new recent MacBook Air?
>>
File: Gourley2.png (511KB, 1169x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Gourley2.png
511KB, 1169x1049px
Looking for an MP3 player. Can /g/ advise and red pill me?

I don't want to spend $200 on an overpriced iPod. I also don't want to spend $30 on something that looks like a piece of plastic shit that's going to fall apart on me in a few months.

Any recommended brands for MP3 players? Just looking for a MP3 player in the 8GB or higher range that's durable and reputable.
>>
>>60899354
You should honestly get a Windows-based laptop for college. All your professors will be using them and you won't have to deal with weird formatting errors when you submit assignments. Also the Windows version of MS Office is superior and there is a lot of software that only has Windows versions. I love my Mac but I end up going to computer labs to do a lot of my work anyways.
>>
>>60895832
i've had drives fail to respond to eject, usually if they're struggling to read the disc
besides using the manual eject hole, you can also try holding the eject button before/during powering on the drive
>>
>>60899405
Well, I know how to LaTeX, so formatting errors aren't really a thing I'm worried about.
>>
Could a laptop 7th gen i5 run a PS1 or PS2 emulator?
>>
>>60899498
Graphics card?
>>
File: resistor_types.jpg (37KB, 444x362px) Image search: [Google]
resistor_types.jpg
37KB, 444x362px
>>60895876
it's just a through-hole passive component
the entire resistor is just the brown part in your picture, the wires coming out are for electrical connection as well as to hold the component in place

the idea for through-hole components is that the two wires are inserted into holes in the circuit board, soldered into place, then excess wire is cut from the opposite side of the board

cutting the wire has very little effect on the operation of the resistor, as the wire itself has very little resistance
>>
>>60899498
PS1 probably. PS2 still needs a very strong CPU.
I've tried to run Shadow of the Colossus (admitted this is a very demanding game, but you get the point) on PCSX2 with my FX 8320 and it stuttered hardcore.
Less demanding PS2 games run fine, though.
>>
File: cover[1].jpg (66KB, 311x350px) Image search: [Google]
cover[1].jpg
66KB, 311x350px
I was following along in this book up through the chapter on boolean arithmetic, building the shit in python because I'm lazy and the hardware simulator was annoying. Feeling pretty good after making the ALU, butt hen I got to the chapter on data flip-flops, registers, and memory. This shit don't make sense, and I don't see how I can keep building in python. I looked up the shit on wikipedia and it still confuses me. How is the initial state of the DFF determined? The book just tells you to use a builtin implementation of the flipflop and ignore how it works.
>>
>>60895103
I want a good goddamn guide to crack the neighbour's wifi. I found some shit for aircrackng on google but its too confusing it wont guide me in the right direction.
Can you guys please fucking help what wireless adaptor should i buy for injection and how can i do it in general
>>
>>60899568
Just pay for it, Jamal. Internet is cheap nowadays.
>>
>>60897673
are you running out of memory?
sounds like it could be an OOM issue
>>
>>60899586
It's temporary dude my connection is disabled and im only staying for a few days no time to get it back up right now but i cant rely on data forever.

Im not a total retard i have a laptop and i can install kali etc can someone just get me a good guide or something
>>
>>60899552
SotC is a bad example, it's a bit choppy even on a real PS2, it's extremely demanding
>>
>>60895103
I want to learn to navigate my OS and programs with my keyboard only (I don't mind using the mouse occasionally). Anybody have any recommendations on a tutorial or video series that can teach me the tricks?
>>
>>60899510
>>60899552
Intel HD Graphics 620 (HP)
>>
figured i would post this here as well?

I'm looking to buy a cooler for my rx 480. I was interested in the Arctic Xtreme IV but I fear it won't fit in my ENERMAX ECA3351A-BT(U2) which is 390 MM if i remove the SSD bracket out. The card itself is 288 mm and I know the heatsink on the rx 480 is in the middle of the card. Would this cooler fit in my case, and if not, what cooler would you anons recommend?
>>
>>60899631
nah. it can barely do hearthstone.
i got one too
>>
>>60899568
Start here: https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/wi-fi-hacking/
>>
>>60899634
*cooler is 288 mm
>>
>>60899643
It can't even do PS1? My fucking 3DS can do PS1
>>
>>60899630
I use Windows 10, BTW
>>
>>60899616
I know. It's probably the most demanding game on that generation. Other games run fine.

I'm playing hours and hours blitzball like a retard all over again right now.
>>
>>60899650
i already went there but it tells me to go to the aircrackng site and that fucking site just wont clearly tell me what adapter I need, and i cant find out if my current qualcomm aetheros one is good
>>
>>60899100
dont
>>60899150
lol
>>60899363
use ur phone and stream music, its 2017
>>
File: laughing whores 2.jpg (237KB, 1500x906px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores 2.jpg
237KB, 1500x906px
>>60899668
LOL
>>
>>60899664
probably ps1 but the cpus are really weak for that sorta stuff. idk try it. but ps2 no way
>>
What should I get to replace a F310?
I've had it a few years, spending most of the time ignoring the d-pad after first I decided it was shit (it really is) and then having to be careful with games while setting up inputs because the d-pad started retaliating by sticking to the right, even when not in use.
Also I think something similar is happening to the right trigger.

Basically, controller recommendations.
Do later Logitechs have not-shit d-pads?
>>
Malware question:

I just installed MalwareBytes after using Windows Defender forever. The result was a list of PUP:BrowserModifier:(Trovi,SearhProtect,JungleNet,ForxieBro)s. From what I can find, these pieces of malware ad searbars, insert random hyperlinks on webpages etc.

My question is: Do I have to change all of my passwords for every website I've logged into from this computer, or is taking the info I enter into websites not the kind of threats those things present.

Sorry for the noob-ass question, and thanks.
>>
>>60899692
Buy this one, it works well:
https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-AWUS036NHA-Wireless-USB-Adaptor/dp/B004Y6MIXS
>>
>>60899731
I would only bother changing the really important one, like banking, bitcoin wallets, etc. Nobody gives af about your Reddit ramsaccount.
>>
>>60899363
Sansa Clip+
It gets recommended a lot because it's easy to rockbox (apparently, haven't even bothered myself because it's fine without it) and is sturdy as hell
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>60899706
>see exclamation mark on tab
>SOMEONE REPLIED TO MY QUESTION YES
>lol

>tfw
>>
>>60899768
how do i reinstall windows 10 loaded optomized defaults after updating bios and now its not working https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1104694/Gigabyte-Ga-970a-Ud3p.html#manual
>>
>>60899734
Great thanks, Can you please tell me how i can find out if my laptop's adaptor:
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377
is compatible with aircrackng and whether it can do injection?
>>
File: FART PANIC.png (801KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FART PANIC.png
801KB, 1280x720px
>>60899787
Dude the literal next post (which was mine) told you what you have to do.

Hold windows key + r
type cmd
there you go
>>
>>60899765

Thanks mate. A re-scan didn't come up with anything else... is it necessary to re-install windows or wipe hard drive or should I be good?
>>
>>60899787
lol
>>
>>60899818
I didn't ask how to open the shell though. I asked specifically how to play videos from it.
>>
>>60899850
>i'm proper retarded
>mac user

Yeah pans out
>>
>>60899850
okay nigga look you have to go to the directory of the .exe of your player with CD
after that type " *nameofmediaplayer'sexefile* *directory of file you wanna play* it works sort of like that just google it
>>
>>60898947
A bit of both desu

>>60898983
I had been awake for nearly 26hrs senpai
>>
>>60899873
He could set up a path to make it more streamlined, but I guess the whole Apple lobotomy made that too hard for him.
>>
When using an IOC container to do dependency injection, should you also register collection types as services?
Or can the collections be instantiated in the class by the class itself when the IOC container still provides the factory delegate which provides the instances added to the collection?
>>
File: shot0014.jpg (144KB, 1440x808px) Image search: [Google]
shot0014.jpg
144KB, 1440x808px
>>60899874
>I had been awake for nearly 26hrs senpai

Try 90s lanparties where you stay up for the whole weekend. DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THAT DRIVE. NOTHING.
Download something like Recuva to ANOTHER DRIVE THIS IS IMPORTANT.
Let Recuva scan your drive and WRITE ALL RECOVERED FILES TO ANOTHER DRIVE VERY IMPORTANT.

I STRESS AGAIN THAT THE DATA IS STILL THERE UNITL IT'S OVERWRITTEN DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THAT DRIVE.
>>
File: raw meat.png (575KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
raw meat.png
575KB, 1280x720px
>>60899873
>sexefile
>>
>>60899928 again
>90s lanparties

I remember Gamer's Gathering 1999 where there was a guy next to me literally smoking crack out of a huge waterpipe under the table about every 20-30 minutes for the whole ordeal.
[CR]Nexus iirc.
>>
>>60899928
>DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THAT DRIVE. NOTHING.
Thats the thing, nothing seems to have been deleted, key word is seems because like I said I hit cancel within 2 seconds of that recycling elements window showing up. And then clicked empty bin without checking what was there. My 2 drives show roughly the same free GBs as before this, so if anything got deleted it wasnt more than a few hundreds of small files. I mounted one of my backup images an everything seems mostly the same. But I have no way of making sure if anything even got deleted at all. Its all paranoia desu

Basically what im asking is whether its an all or nothing operation when dealing with such large folders.
>>
>>60899980
That was the most meme lanparty ever, btw.

In addition to constant power failures, they forbid us to hold the final of the Quake season there, because it was 18+ and there were minors present. We even had a police raid were they watched our screens so we wouldn't play Quake.
They put some kind of retarded stripped band on the stage, but that made everyone even more angry.
1200 people who came to play Quake and paid a huge entry fee told that they weren't allowed to play Quake.

Vid very related. I was in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHdYEUEC4JM
>>
>>60899787
set a path variable to map mpv to the full path of your executable

lol
>>
>>60900053
listen when windows delete stuff they basically just delete the "bookclip" that tells them where that shit is. without he clip that's just useless data that makes no sense. But even with the clip gone the data is still there, just undecipherable.
You can use RECUVA to find those clips back. nothing has been lostif you havent written shit on that drive.
>>
>>60900053
That the thing how deletion works nowadays. If you delete a file or even put it out of the recycle bin, the allocated space gets marked for being ok to be overwritten. As long as you don't write to that drive, you can get all your data back.

It will take a lot of time, because you will have to recover the files independently from the file system because that may have already been updated. You're not looking for folders, you're looking for files scattered all over the place that the recovery software has to piece back together. It might take days to get it all back and you're not assured to get it all back, because some files might be too scattered.
>>
why is the 1050ti so damn cheap?

Like the other comparable cards I was pointed to were all at least 2x as muuch in cost.
>>
File: a.jpg (454KB, 1500x906px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
454KB, 1500x906px
>>60899726
shitty google translation coming through
>>
Tried to use ePSXe on the laptop I was talking about earlier and it black screened and crashed. Anyone know a solution to this?
>>
>>60900169
Get a proper bios image. ePSXe should work on a toaster by now. It's much less demanding than PS2 emulation.
Fuck we emulated the SNES in the 90s..
>>
>>60899706
>dont
why
>>
>>60899565
ugh this desu. the HDL is really a pain to work with.
>>
>>60898885
was it still doing the "preparing" stage?
if so probably nothing was done, but unless you knew exactly what was in it, you might never know for sure
>>
File: 0444 - DqlUHdN.png (344KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
0444 - DqlUHdN.png
344KB, 467x453px
>>60895103
WHY THE FUCK DID MY WINDOWS 10 JUST AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWITCH. I WAS PLAYING WoW AND THAT SHIT JUST INSTALLS WTF
>>
>>60900233
That would be curse client updating.
Amazon bought twitch and curse.
>>
>>60900238
>curse client

You don't install your own WoW addons?
>>
>>60900233
they spyin on u senpai
>>60900256
>installign your own addons

What am i a slave?
>>
>>60900256
Why would it take 5000000 clicks to get something installed when i can just use the client and have it installed automatically.
Im not going to manually manage 200+ addons
>>
File: arino JUST.png (532KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
arino JUST.png
532KB, 720x540px
>>60900233
That's because you got cucked by installing Windows 10. It's your own fault.

You literally went "JUST" on your own system.
>>
>>60900238
Thanks anon, now I've updated my addons I'll make sure to uninstall this malware from my PC
>>
>>60900233
WoW has become total shit after Wrath of the Casuals anyways.

Why do you even keep playing it?

There are much better games like PoE on PC right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
>>
>>60900278
>>60900262
Has WoW really become like this?
I stopped playing in WotLK.

1. UI addon (X-perl)
2. Action bar addon (Bongos)
3. Scrolling battle text
4. One-Bag
5. Deadly Boss Mods
6. MyRolePlay

What else could you need?
>>
>>60900310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljxcN9-BFlA
>>
>>60900195
>Fuck we emulated the SNES in the 90s..
not accurately though
good ol' ZSNES was fast as shit, but very inaccurate, good enough to play a handful of popular games
snes9x is (still) the go-to "accurate enough" emulator that supports more or less properly more or less all the games you care to play
but then there's bsnes, which is the end-game of snes emulation, and it requires a pretty strong pc

psx emulation has a range of options as well, though there's no "end-game" cycle-accurate one that i know of just yet
things like andripsx can be run on 20 year old machines pretty well, but you wouldn't really want to use it anymore
modern/maintained ones like epsxe and mednafen are pretty good, and don't really demand too much power, any modern laptop will be plenty
epsxe supports a range of video plugins which can have a big effect on how demanding it is overall
>>
>>60900321
Oh yeah, Atlas Loot, and Recount. So, not even at 10 yet.
>>
>>60900195
We emulated SNES in the 90s because someone decided to upload proper documentation of the console.
>>
>>60900360
gatherer...auctioneer..rarefinder..class-specific addons..tons of shit you could use..
>>
>>60900321
There is ui mod and then its modules
There is nameplates and then its modules
There are raid frames and then its modules
There are weak auras and then its modules
There is bossmods and then its modules
There are transmog addons and then its modules
There are auction mods and then its modules
There are pvp mods and then its modules

Easy to get up there.

I play ever class at 110 each class has its own quicks you need to manage
>>
>>60900384
Don't get ALL the pussy, Eugene
>>
>>60900381
>Gatherer
No.
>Auctioneer
No.
>Rarefinder
No.
>Class-specific Addons
No.

Those are useless fucking addons. MAYBE a generic buff reminder addon, but nothing class specific.
>>
>>60900384
Xperl is UI, Nameplates, raid frames, I don't know about weak aura's, transmog doesn't need addons, auction doesn't need addons, and PvP might need an Arena buddy, but still lightweight singular mod.
>>
>>60900394
Fuck you they're not useless because you dont like using them.
>>
Can we all just agree that Gearscore killed WoW?

Back in the days we were people who wanted to have fun, but Gearscore turned it into a competition that no one wanted to have.
I can't really complain, because I was an elemental shaman who had top DPS in BC Karazhan, but this shit left so many people behind and made the community completely toxic.

We just tried to have fun.
>>
>>60900405
>xperl
Xperl is outdated and ugly.Use elvui
>nameplates
Default nameplates are ugl and inefficent. Use kui
>raid frames
Raid frames are ugly and inefficient use elvui frames or grid2
>transmog
Blizzards ui for sets is ugly use transmog addons to scan available ones such as by color or particles
>auction
If you take it serious at any level the default gui is horse shit.Use tradeskillmaster.Not for baby ah players that undercut 10k just to make a sale.
>pvp
I still use gladius and angry plates
>>
>>60900436
>top DPS in the raid for shitters

big whoop, I did that regularly as an Arms warrior in PvP gear who got dragged along to it many times.
>>
Is Deepin linux a botnet
>>
How does vram work with switchable graphics?
Is everything stored in normal ram or does it use the discrete gpu's vram?
>>
>>60900436
Gearscore was needed.IF you need 100k dps you know that a 5500+ dps can do that while a 4500 dps cant, no matter how skilled they are
>>
>>60900445
thanks for the tips, i'm actually about to get back into WoW.
>>
>>60900436
They need gearscore because they removed tier raiding

It's much easier to keep track of an overall score of gear, than asking if they have Tier 18.7 istead of Tier 18.2
>>
>>60900456
I just made top DPS because my guild was a casual friendly guild that just wanted to play along with friends.
I just made top 3 healer at the same time because shaman was the fucking shit during BC.
I also produced all of the buff items for everyone.

Everyone depended on me and I was kind of the sage of the guild at that time, because I was a NEET in real life.

I'm not saying that I'm super proud, but that made me feel like I had friends again after my gf left me.

I was there for people who depended on me and I felt social again. Even got a new gf out of that and that's probably why I haven't offed myself yet.

I wouldn't go back to WoW though.
>>
>>60900532
Boo hoo shaman sunwell snowflake
>>
>>60900544
Best shaman times were before sunwell
>>
>>60900550
my best times with a shaman were running 3's in arena and getting that totem to proc as an Arms warrior.
>>
which is less of a botnet viber or whatsapp?
need to ask some questions to some guy about his car thinking of buying it and thats what he uses.
also if you know anything about cars should I?
http://www.merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Durr%C3%ABs/AUTOMJETE/Makina/BMW/Seri-3/320/Bmw-320CD--coupe-diesel-/4337453
>>
>>60900119
>>60900120
I know that, im just asking how Windows processes large folders. Ive deleted 50GB folders before and sometimes it seems it performs an analysis before deleting it, if it exceeds the recycle bin a small dialog pops up and says "this directory is too large for the recycle bin, do you want to delete it permanently". But because I hit cancel so quick this time I dont know how the process went.

About Recuva yes I know that, it finds over 280K files on each drive, with half of them in perfect state which means files that I intentionally deleted months ago. If only Recuve (or any other software) had a File deleted on Day X feature (dont even know if thats supported by the filesystem) thatd be great, because I would know quickly what if anything actually got trashed today and not 6 months ago. Free space before fucking up was about 300GB on a 500GB drive, after it it was mostly the same, maybe 302GB but that may be my imagination. I just want a way to confirm or dispel my suspicions.

More than recovering files I want to know if anything and what got deleted without using recuva (because it throws this massive 280K list with files that I know are from months ago).
>>
>>60900556
I was running my human warlock that I played in classic as a PVP char during BC.
Don't know why I never raided with her.
>>
>>60900570
You need to realize that "deleting" is not deletion at all.
In modern operating systems, deletion is just marking free place on the harddrive to be overridden. Your data has NOT been deleted if you have not overridden it yet. That's the main point here.
>>
>>60895103
Can someone go help >>>/adv/18418026 locate his dead brothers encrypted hooker videos? I'm not sure how to even begin locating them.
>>
>>60900224
install it on linux
>putting a public facing webserver on a windows box
lol
>using a russian web server application
>>
Is there a reason speccy is only showing my MSI GTX 1070 as having only 4095MB?
Would this affect any programs I run when trying to see the GB of the card?
>>
Is there a way to make firefox save images to certain folders depending on which board I download it from? For instance, if I download an image from /g/, it gets saved to a /g/ folder, if I download something from /a/, it gets saved to an /a/ folder.
>>
>>60900638
tell >>60900638
>>>>/adv/18418026
to wipe his brothers drive and never think about it again lol
>>
if I wanted to copy the OS from a HDD and put them on a SSD and set it up to boot from the SSD, how would I do that? Assuming I have both drives hooked up internally.
>>
>>60900664
Speccy is known to detect stuff in a wrong way.
During the Vishera days, it was off by like 20 degrees C on CPU temperature.
The whole program is bullshit.
>>
>>60900621
A'ight, is there any way to know what got marked as free space in the last hours?
>>
clonezilla
>>
>>60900674
No I want him to suffer.
>>
>>60900683
Ah alright, was just worried I fucked something up or whatever when I installed the card
Also holy fuck, 20celsius? can imagine that made some people panic
>>
>>60900688
>>60900675
>>
>>60900675
Clonezilla.

Personally? do a clean install.

>>60900664
Yes, because the card was released after the last speccy version which is 10 months old.
>>60900683
That is thanks how AMD APUs work, not only speccy reported it wrong.
>>
>>60900685
Only through recovery software. Leave that drive alone and write NOTHING to it, because every single write might kill a few files.
Just read from it and put recovered files on a separate HDD
>>
>>60900700
It actually told me that my FX 8030 was running at -11 degrees Celcius, while the sensor was telling me it was running at 33..
That's how fucked it was.
>>
>>60900730
*FX 8020

got that number wrong. Still the same problem.
>>
>>60900740
>>60900730
That is because Speccy reads CPUTIN instead Package temperature.
>>
>>60900753
I'm not saying that Speccy is at fault here. It's just the point that the temperature is read that is completely different from other packages.
My CPU is still running fine after 4 years.
>>
my country albania has pretty low wages
are there any good jobs I can do over the internet after I get my CS degree or should I move to come other country?
>>
>>60900793
You could do trap porn.
>>
>>60900793
Germany here.

Not making fun of you with the trap pron post though. You need to move to mainland Europe. where the wages are high for highly educated people.

Apply over the internet to a good paying corp before moving or you will be trapped in toilet cleaning jobs.
>>
>>60900793
Not exactly, most formal jobs that you could work trough internet will want you to met you in person to review you, after that you can work from other countries.

Nobody will hire anyone they have never heard about trough internet.
>>
File: schwarzesmarken.png (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
schwarzesmarken.png
728KB, 1280x720px
>>60900793
Apply for a job in Germany or France. No other country. Thank me later.
>>
>>60900883
anything thats english only?
>>
>>60900883
Especially if you land a job in Germany, you're set for the monies life. It's expensive to live over there, you're basically the money king of Europe for the rest of your life
>>
File: shot0010.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0010.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>60900966
Germany is fine if you're English. Only the 50+ old people don't understand English. I've been born in 1983 and English has been madatory since the 5th class in our schools.
Germans not understanding English is a stupid meme.
>>
File: 1495609413481.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495609413481.png
278KB, 706x412px
do i need a strong gpu to watch 4k movies or is integrated enough
>>
>>60900995 again
My teacher back in the 90s even mandated that we should learn British English because the Ameritards are stupid.
>>
>>60900999
Not really a strong GPU, just not a old integrated one. a strong CPU will work too.
>>
>>60900999
Yes
No

4k is a new meme to sell shit to idiots. You won't even be able to make a difference between 1080p and 4k on modern screens. It's a marketing scheme.
>>
>>60900999
>4k movies
no such thing
>>
File: 1381579125993.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1381579125993.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>>60901082
>bb-but muh heavily downscaled console games that actually run on 720p but report 4k 60 fps with upscaling filters
>>
>>60901082
I know, just curious
>>
I have a small question.
Recommend me some /g/ related movies/tv series. Please?
I searched a bit and found "The code" and "revolution OS". Someone watched these? Was it good?
Would ask on /tv/, but I doubt much of you /g/uys are lurking there.
>>
pls help me im suffering from retardation (rly do pls help with ma code)
>>
>>60901218
Disgusting!
Indent your code properly!
>>
>>60900639
Fine but what's wrong with nginx?
>>
>>60901218
Jesus what the fuck is the matter with you.
>>
How would you libreboot a T60 Thinkpad?
>>
Just had my RMA approved. Says not to use original packaging. How should I pack by GPU? Should I buy a couple boxes and bubble wrap from UPS/Purolator or something?
>>
>>60895975
>FPS counter
No.

>Fraps
If you're actively recording, then yes, you will take a performance hit.

>>60896124
Yes.

>>60896349
Is the outlet shot? Try plugging a lamp into it.

>>60896914
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/IntroductoryCourse/

>>60897325
>Looking up anime smut on iqdb gives you a message like (searched 13,812,408 images in 3.935 seconds). Is that something a home computer could do in the same time frame?
Sort of/kind of/not really.
Analyzing a single image and comparing the results against an existing database is plausible. Creating a 13,812,408 image database and constantly updating it is not.

>>60897485
No.

>>60897503
Password cracking is embarrassingly parallel. Don't overthink this.

>>60897512
A fire tube.

>>60898072
Is cron running as root?

>>60898154
Maybe, but not likely.

>>60898334
ifconfig

>>60898455
Recycle.

>>60899354
Depends on your college. Some will expect you to have a Mac, others will expect Windows. I recommend using Linux.

>>60900233
Because it's Windows 10.

>>60900995
But can you read Sütterlin?
>>
>>60901120
Fuck you
>>
File: 1468464788446.png (92KB, 330x265px) Image search: [Google]
1468464788446.png
92KB, 330x265px
>>60901387
Kek hi /v/ :^) I posted that shitpost over there.
>>
HOW TO FUCKING STOP BACKSPACE GOING BACK ONE FUCKING PAGE
SO TIRED OF WRITING SOMETHING HIGHLIGHT A LINE, CLICK BACKSPACE TO DELETE, THEN MAGICALLY I MOVE BACK A PAGE INSTEAD AND ALL I WROTE IS DELETED.

I never use backspace to go back a page, so I'd like it to never do so.
>>
>>60901424
CLOSED. CANT REPRODUCE
>>
>>60901424
In Firefox there's an extension to let you customize your keyboard shortcuts, not sure about other browsers.
>>
>>60901384
I've BEEN ifconfigging man
doas ifconfig urtwn0 nwid WhateverSSID
doas dhclient urtwn0 -> fails
>>
>>60901341
Buy a box bigger than the object you want, fill it with bubble wrap.
>>
>>60901341
>not to use orginal packaging
RED FLAG
What company are you dealing with?
>>
>>60901082
There are anime BDs in 4k.
>>
>>60901543
Zotac.

>Send only the ZOTAC product in its original condition. Do not include the box, cables, accessories, etc. Remove any personal belongings including extra components (i.e. HDD, RAM, etc.) that did not come with your ZOTAC product.

>>60901532
Should I worry about getting an anti-static bag?
>>
>>60901384
>Password cracking is embarrassingly parallel
[spoiler]Please help since i'm honestly lost[/spoiler]
>>
>>60901543
Zotac and XFX only will ask you for the card since that is what they will check.

>>60901580
They are asking you to return the box that came with your graphics card too.
They are asking for everything that came with the card (Which is usually only a SLI cable, the card and the drivers disc inside the box).
Not only the card.

They dont want you to send them your whole case.
>>
>>60901647
Oh, reading it again that makes sense, but they really should have worded that better. So i'm just repackaging the full contents of the product and putting it in a standard shipping box then?
>>
>>60901509
ifconfig -a
Is the interface down?

>>60901602
Let's simplify things. Imagine the password is 3 digits, viable passwords are 000-999.

First thread checks 000-323, second checks 333-665, third checks 666-999. These threads do not need to interact. At all. They can be run on entirely different computers. If the question requires them to interact, implement a variable guessed_the_password which will turn on if one of the threads guesses the password and tells the other threads to stop guessing.
>>
>>60901700
If you have doubts just ask them again in customer support to clear them.

Pretty much.
>>
>>60901722
interface is up and visible in ifconfig -a
>>
The software company I work for refuses to spend money on software and I can't convince them to get redgate. What is a good way to sync stored procedures and schema changes between thousands of databases without good software?
>>
I got a LG n301 VCR off eBay. it's supposed to be able to play both NTSC & PAL VHSs through SCART

I get the plug converter, have a framemeister, & try playing old VHSs through it, but I only get audio

can someone help?
>>
>>60901794
Do them manually and make sure you are paid over time for their lack of oversight
>>
File: 1497320085404.jpg (404KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497320085404.jpg
404KB, 1280x720px
>>60895103
what is a good mpd client for windows?

I'd love to have a client similar to ncmpcpp
>>
>>60901722
Thank you anon, I kinda have an idea on what to do now.
>>
>>60901794
>The software company I work for refuses to spend money on software
Ask for a raise, a small development team, and a couple years time to create a brand new solution: Bluegate.

Alternatively, look into OpenDBDiff?
>>
Could anyone point me in the right direction for a good laptop if I am a physics major? I am starting upper division this Fall at UCSD if that helps.
>>
>>60895103

Some general image repository(searchable) like google images?
>>
File: Eggs_Unbaked.jpg (168KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
Eggs_Unbaked.jpg
168KB, 800x532px
When my system is standing normally, there's a slight sagging on the video card. It's on the side away from the back panel.

How do I stop this? I know I secured this rx480 perfectly so why is it sagging on one end?

I'm concerned that this may damage the PCI socket.
>>
>>60902219
This has been a thing for decades.See if you case came with a retention bracket that you can use to hold up the other end.
Otherwise just leave it be,its not enough to rip the socket
>>
>>60901384
>Is cron running as root?
It's a bash script put in the cron.daily directory without any extensions.
>>
Should the fan for my tower heatsink blow air into the heatsink or away from it?
>>
I just got a new monitor and what is the USB-USB type B connector that it came with used for?
>>
>>60902516
Data transfer from the usb ports on the monitor...
>>
>>60902188

tineye, sourcenao, iqdb or whatever it's called

there's others depending on your need, you'll find them on 4chan archives usually

>>60902472

you'll get better results if it's blowing air through it but if it has multiple fans you'll want them in a push/push-bull/pull configuration in that order

try to have the blower pointing to the rear exhaust fan

>>60902516

usb hub integrated into monitor
>>
>>60902454
Set the script to execute every minute and then run.
cron -f -L 15

Does it succeed or fail?
>>
When you go to a website, and it is says "Powered by x". What does that mean? Is that the database that they are using? Also, what are the requirements to make a decent/powerful website? Last question, what is a good front end/back end program to learn to create a website? Thanks for answering my stupid questions.
>>
>>60902598
It means whatever they want it to mean
Depends on what you want it to do
HTML
>>
>>60902598
html,js,php
>>
>>60898758
Anyone?
>>
>>60902635
>>60902642
Thanks for the answers. Is php a better back end language than Java/Python? I am planning on learning them all, but I wonder which one I should learn first.
>>
>>60902635
To answer your question, I am planning on making a simple catalog page, kind of like amazon, where you search for a product, and then you are able to purchase it through the webpage. I am aware I need some knowledge on cryptography for security issues, I was wondering what language would be good to implement these complex algorithms.
>>
>>60902716
html,js,php
>>
>>60902730
Aight, I guess that answers my other question. Thanks dude.
>>
Is it possible to overclock on a non Z motherboard without fucking it up?
>>
what website should i use to register a domain
>>
>>60902792
maybe
>>
>>60901728
They responded to my RMA request extremely quickly, so I fired off another e-mail to confirm the shipping instructions. Hopefully I will ship it out tomorrow. Cheers.
>>
Wordpress and WooCommerce.
>>
>>60902566
run-parts -v /etc/cron.daily

Didn't list the script as one of those it ran, so I checked permissions and it turned out user (which was root) didn't have execute permissions. After correction it appears to be working.

Thanks for helping me debug. Still a little strange that I didn't have permission to that folder that one time. Oh well.
>>
>>60902917
>>60902917
>>60902917
>>
Ive been trying since yesterday to make wifi work with a Windows 7 PE build, adding drivers through the Winbuilder scripts doesnt seem to work.

What file extension do drivers actually use, .inf or .sys?
>>
>>60895103
Is there any secure usb stick /g/ recommends?
Couldn't see it on the wiki.
>>
>>60902980
Pretty much any will do. Secure it with encryption. If you're talking about hardware encrypted or something like that it's just expensive placebo.
>>
>>60902832
Good luck with your RMA, and since its Zotac you dont have to worry.

Unless you live outside north america.
>>
File: 1367371655537.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1367371655537.png
10KB, 300x300px
Is there any way to replace an audio port? I accidentally ripped it out.
>>
>>60903628
If you can find a suitable replacement and are decent at soldering, sure.
>>
File: 01.jpg (56KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
56KB, 700x700px
>>60900445
>use transmog addons to scan available ones such as by color or particles

>tfw MogIt removed color sorting
>>
Is it even possible to port forward through a dynamic IP? I've gotten acces to a tracker, but I don't seem to be able to seed anything so far.

Alternatively, is it possible to do a static IP on only one device? There are several people on our home network with their own computers, so ideally I'd like to not impact anything they do too much.
>>
>>60899799
Google it, or d/l aircrack and try it
>>
>>60899819
You're probably good, but wipe if you're the paranoid type
>>
>>60897673
Me again. After running wow for about45 minutes, i crashed and my entire pc rebooted. Gpu was at 74c, cpu was at 46c. I ask again, how bout dat cpu overclock?
>>
is it possible to encrypt a usb stick that i can use on both my android phone w/ otg cable and macos/linux only?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.