[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I usually don't turn off my PC. A few minutes ago though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1492672276923.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492672276923.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I usually don't turn off my PC. A few minutes ago though I noticed it had turned off without me telling it to.

When I powered it up, it couldn't post the first 5-6 times and then it finally kicked into the BIOS. I didn't receive any error messages so I proceeded to boot into Windows and I still couldn't find out what had happened.

I don't OC, and I built my PC since 2011. My PSU is 650w, I got a 2600K and a R9 390X with all 4 dimms filed up.

Any insight would be appreciated
>>
look at event viewer
>>
>>60894840
you're PSU is probably dying.
>>
>shortening your hardware's lifespan and wasting electricity over the uptime meme
How stupid are you?
>>
>>60894852
I pulled it up but I don't know where to look pertaining to hardware.

Though I'm not seeing any significant events that caused the shut down.

>>60894876
Do you happen to know the lifespan of a psu?

>>60894890
I never regarded seeding as a meme. I'm trying to help others in my sleep.
>>
>>60894900
>I never regarded seeding as a meme. I'm trying to help others in my sleep.
Fucking idiot. Your precious x265 trash encodes and scene shit is ubiquitous. Let seedboxes, dedicated servers and one-click hosters seed that shit.
>>
>>60894920
I don't want my cc information on those entities.

If it means shelling out for another psu after all those years then I can accept that.

And they're all h264
>>
>>60894952
Look, kid. You're using your DESKTOP as a dedicated server. Literally anyone can pull up your IP.
>>
>>60894965
ip is expected but not cc information.

At least if that isn't safe either, I can be responsible on my end not to open another avenue.
>>
>>60894840
was it hot today?

perhaps you had a brown out and didnt notice it. might have been a power surge.

it was hot as fuck in new york.
>>
botnet assumed full control to install new updates
>>
>>60895087
Yeah it was pretty hot today, but my comp is hooked up to a UPS

>>60895304
Would have seen recently installed updates and logs in the event viewer
>>
>>60894840
She has a winged scapula.
>>
>>60894900
>Do you happen to know the lifespan of a psu?
crapp ones: 2-5 years, depending on your luck
good ones (super flower, bequiet, etc.): 10 years and more
>>
>>60895401
Thank you
>>
have you had any other issues since starting the thread?
also who is that girl
>>
>>60895555
well it's another issue but my usb 3 hub has been going in and out of connectivity when I start unplugging and plugging back in other devices.

Been happening since last year.

Girl is a bodybuilder from Japan
>>
>>60894840
>Windooz
here's ur problem m8
>>
>>60895692
Sorry, I left propaganda growing up.
>>
>>60895758
No problem anon-kun~
>>
>>60894840
I've had similar problems lately.

Turned out to be a dying stick of RAM, even tho the memtest didn't detect it.

I figured it out by pulling Stick 1 from Slot 1, then replacing it and pulling Stick 2 from Slot 2, etc. until it stopped crashing.

Process of elimination is easy enough if you can reliably induce a crash
>>
>>60895598
have you checked physical connectivity with the hub? sounds like your shits just dying of old age

a bodybuilder from Japan is a very interesting name
>>
>>60897986
I forgot, the final step of cross-checking the suspected defective stick with a confirmed-good-slot and vice versa to rule out a dead memory slot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.