[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so did google really pay for you americans to have fiber optic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1479699850428.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479699850428.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
so did google really pay for you americans to have fiber optic right to your house?
>>
>>60891948
In like one city. My internet is advertised as 50mb. Speed test says 12
>>
In a few cities, but it was subsidized in part.
>>
>>60891996
They started out in Kansas and are working on branching out, pretty sure there's a few cities now
>>
>>60891948
Had it in Austin and then had it immediately disconnected due to excessive torrent downloading.

Time Warner is the safest bet this decade.
>>
>>60892043
What the fuck else do you use a 1Gb/s connection for
>>
>>60892055
Apparently they approve of harems that all use facebook and YouTube and Netflix all at the same time.

Otherwise, I honestly don't know why they bothered. Gigabit won't matter until you can stream VR games like OnLive used to offer, or Runecape VR
>>
Like most things Jewgle does, they gave up on Fiber when they realized becoming a residential ISP is hard work that requires you deal with customers directly. As such, they've halted expanion, fired tthe CEO, and will probably sell off their infrastructure once they're legal obligations are fulfilled.
>>
>>60891948
You had to pay $300 up front for the hook up. Which may or may not of been returned to the customer by possibly discounting your bill to the $300 amount.

>>60893315
They did not get as many customers as they expected you idiot.
>>
File: 1480120455389.jpg (6KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480120455389.jpg
6KB, 281x200px
>>60892043
>Had it in Austin and then had it immediately disconnected due to excessive torrent downloading.
Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight.

It's shit like this that makes everyone realize what a shithole America is.
I wouldn't be surprised if you need to bribe to stay classed as first world.
>>
>>60893828
>They did not get as many customers as they expected you idiot.
Only idiot is Google faggot. They don't know how to market their shit. See: Google Glass, Google Voice, Google Wallet, Inbox by Gmail, any Nexus device
>>
>>60892043
I'm in the Kansas City area and have been torrenting like a madman since getting fiber and nothing has ever happened. I'm used to downloading and streaming a million things at once with no slowdowns at this point with that it'd be hard to switch back to Time Warner honestly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.