[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be puppy tahr user >it's a livecd you can modify,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: picture_0004.jpg (42KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
picture_0004.jpg
42KB, 475x475px
>be puppy tahr user
>it's a livecd you can modify, that supports ubuntu trusty packages
>stability, lightness and comfort through the roof
>with a couple of days of work, you get a fantastic tailor-made distro
>up to details like firefox addons, of which I use a fuckton

>firefox 51 hits
>kills non-pulse audio
>the devs refuse to repair it, because they suck lennart's cock and don't give a shit about stability
>after days of looking for a solution, settle on palemoon
>it only supports like half of the addons I need, but find some replacements
>still kinda shit though. For example, it hangs on loading big images, so I had to configure it to load images through viewnoir
>the furfaggot that maintains palemoon refused to fix that, because "a browser isn't supposed to be an image viewer". Tell that to /hr/
>but that beats having to use pulse
>so I have a script that deletes firefox and installs palemoon with its config files and all, amongst other things, which I run on startup

>my dad has a copy of the last puppy version I made about a year ago
>firefox 44
>he doens't really need bleeding edge though, so he doesn't update it or anything
>and it runs just fine
>he actually loves it
>runs oh so light, doesn't have to worry about viruses, and he doesn't even need to kill his windows installation to run it
>if he fucks anything up, a restart repairs everything, because it's a livecd

(cont)
>>
>>60884420
(cont)

>today, Mozilla stopped supporting firefox 44
>they forcefully unsigned all pre-45 addons
>so they all auto-disabled on my dad's end, and he, who's used to have no ads and have particular greasemonkey scripts and download shit and whatnot, has a broken system
>had to go and download a more recent version (49, which I had to actually google for after 5 minutes of trying to find it and being unable to in their new website) and update his addons
>he's the end user of end users, so it's not like I can tell him to untar that shit on /opt, kill the current /lib installation, rm the current ff /usr/bin link, make a new symbolic link, and update the addons
>not only that: australis or whatever is forcefully using gtk3, which apparently hit sometime after 44, is slow as shit on his celeron

So now I'm gonna have to waste a couple of days building a new version of puppy linux for my dad, most likely with palemoon, most likely without all the addons he had grown accustomed to, most likely causing him headaches with the image processing issue too, because some nigger at Mozilla decided to break every single pre-45 version just because.

Seriously. Fuck mozilla. They've given me nothing but headaches this year, and I don't even use their shit anymore. What ever fucking happened to backwards compatibility, and why would they fucking unsign pre-45 shit on pre-45 versions? Fucking hell.
>>
Yes, FireFox has gone to shit.
>>
>>60884723
I mean, yeah, it has, but you're falling short.

Firefox has gone to shit because Mozilla has gone to shit. They stopped caring about shipping a powerful, heavily customizable product. They want the Chrome market, and by pursuing that, they've pissed all over their long-time power users.
>>
Well I'm just glad tahrpup will soon support UEFI
>>
How do I get broadcom wifi working with it?
>>
>>60886492
Tried frisbee yet?

Menu > Setup > Internet Connection Wizard > Wired or Wireless LAN > Frisbee

I'm running a cheap $10 wifi stick, and it's running just fine.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.