[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: m570-gallery.png (107KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
m570-gallery.png
107KB, 652x560px
>>
Great mouse, takes a week or so to get used to it.
>>
>>60883745
yes, more precise than normal mouse. all progamer in china use.
>>
>>60883745
Trackballs are great but I'd hate a thumb one, get a real one.
>>
Looks like a chastity cage.
>>
>>60884068
/g/ don't need it then
>>
>>60883787
this
>>
File: 81uKkvC+G4L._SL1500_.jpg (141KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81uKkvC+G4L._SL1500_.jpg
141KB, 1500x1500px
what about this ?
>>
>>60884264
>wireless
otherwise seems like a nice idea
>>
>>60883745
are trackball mouses a meme ?
>>
>>60883745
Kill yourself? No doubt.
>>
>>60883745

it's a great mouse replacement for situations where mice are impractical i.e., on soft surfaces like beds or armrests

it *might* help with rsi but I really can't see how, wouldn't be surprised if that's down to bad posture

nowhere near as accurate as a mouse and has some inherent problems with precision especially when clicking but for normal desktop stuff it's fine, just don't expect to be drawing or gaymen with it
>>
>>60884334
You can play games with a trackball. I done it before with ease.
>>
>>60884431
This, I prefer a trackball for most games I play.
>>
>>60883745

Yes.

Been using it at work for 4 years or so. Shit is cash. No gaymen of course.
>>
>>60883745
You should. I have one and I love it, can't go back to a normal mouse. Also despite what people say, you can play games with it and IMO it's better for games as you can do shit like turn 180 degrees without having to pick up a mouse and move it back onto the mousepad. It does take around a week or so to get used to though.
>>
>>60883745
Looks more like some anal toy instead of actual useful computer equipment desu senpai
>>
Only if you pledge to use it for two months.

And then you can look down at the children buying inferior pointing devices. And get frustrated that no one seems to want to offer a full featured trackball with features designed in the past decade.
>>
>>60885348

>And get frustrated that no one seems to want to offer a full featured trackball with features designed in the past decade.

Dude, it's a tool. It does one job well. The one from OP has 5 (five!) buttons. How much ""more""' features you need? You already have a keyboard at your other hand, fa.m
>>
>>60884431
>>60884438
Thumb-ball or finger-ball?
>>
have that mouse, love it. great for ergonomics. got 'em for $25 a pop at staples a while back. use them at home, while traveling, at my customer sites, etc.
>>
>>60883745
Yes, since Microsoft killed the superior Microsoft Trackball Optical thumbball it's the best option out there.
>>
>>60887015
How about higher DPI and superior sensors developed specifically for trackballs and high resolution screens? How about custom weighted trackballs on smooth rolling bearings that don't gunk up every four weeks with accumulated finger oils? How about accurate, tactile buttons for rapid fire actuation? At the very fucking least give it a "sniper" button so when I am forced to crank the sensitivity to nearly max just so i can comfortably move my cursor around I can get better control on where to click. Make it out of aluminum and heavy
PTFE plastic with palm pads covered in fucking calf skin. Something other than the cheap shitty plastic with shitty buttons that feels like a preschool toy .
>>
>>60884272
OP's one is also wireless.
>>
>>60887457
Finger ball
>>
trackballs and vertical mice are patrician tier OP

only plebs use trackpads
>>
>>60888134
Trackball+trackpad is the master race though
>>
>>60884264
i use one that is slightly more vertical

pretty ergonomic and it fixed my wrist pains
>>
I just got one to wirelessly control a remote pc that streams to my tv in another room.

Should work out.
>>
>>60884264
I have it, used for few months; kinda good but then I purchased a G502 for 40€
>>
>>60884264
this is my current mouse

quick dpi swapping with a button press and two programmable buttons near the thumb

the palm rest is removable and theres even gel grips designed for it if thats your thing

the more vertical the angle the more comfy in my opinion
>>
>>60887457
Thumb.

>>60883745
It's amazing. The only downside is it uses Jewtooth instead of Bluetooth and there's no left hand variant.
>>
File: vert.mouse.jpg (51KB, 1000x392px) Image search: [Google]
vert.mouse.jpg
51KB, 1000x392px
>>60888201
whoops pic related

its called "pure X tech"
but it appears to be a common mold that has different brands

the plastic is pretty high quality with no smell or discoloration with use
>>
>>60883745
these things are the cheapest feeling anything I have ever used
>>
>>60883745
It is physiologically and ergonomically better because when using a normal mouse your arm muscles get veery convulsed after time. By using a mouse like this u can avoid it. the best would be to only use the keyboard
>>
>>60887457
thumb allows you to still click when moving

index track balls allow better control but its more difficult to click multiple buttons whilst using it

index trackballs are nice for maps for example
>>
>>60888270
My issue is the part of my wrist near my pinky begins to hurt after a while of using the mouse.

May try a vert mouse out

You can hook up two mice to a pc right? Just not use them at the same time and expect it to work
>>
>>60888321
never tried the two mice thing but i use a KVM for a single mouse for multiple computers

that way i can spent a bit more on my keyboard/vert mouse without being guilty because its used for multiple machines
>>
You can play games with it, but I always scored better using a traditional mouse, if it were as good or better you'd see some pro gamers use it, which you never do
>>
>>60888453
its pretty comfy for databases and spreadsheets though

its also pretty great for overhead (birdseye view) games or puzzle/turnbased

for fps games (which is what im assuming you mean?) i just use a gamepad
>>
>>60888453
>pro gamers
Ah yes, those gamer Cherry keyboards and gamer headphones and gamer mouse cable suspenders and gamer mice and gamer mousepads. Gotta have the very best for the pro esports athletes.
>>
>>60883745
Mine stopped working in about a month.

t b h any mouse over like $10 is a fucking meme, they're all cheap chink garbage
>>
>>60888589
don't forget cable elevators for faster keyboard response!
>>
>>60888102
What kinds of games you play with it? Is clicking buttons hard while moving the ball? Which brand/model?

>>60888288
Yep, but a complaint I often read about the thumb ones is that they wreck the thumb after a while.
>>
>>60888857
>What kinds of games you play with it?
Civilization and Sim City
>Is clicking buttons hard while moving the ball?
Not really. I use my middle finger for the ball, index and ring for buttons. If I need to click and drag it's got buttons for that too.
>Which brand/model?
IBM TrackPoint L40
>>
>>60888888
nice digit ande also cool games
>>
>>60888914
>>60888888
s
>>
File: 2_mice.jpg (160KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2_mice.jpg
160KB, 1600x1200px
>>60883745
It's pretty good, you'll look like a knob out in public, but if you're low on desk real estate (or don't wanna move your hands) it's great. Battery replacement once a year
>>
>>60888888
What a waste...
>>
It's not good with cum stains fyi
>>
>>60891224
So quit getting cum on your fucking shit
>>
>>60884290
No, this is a meme
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.