[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do they always end up with weird looking versions of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

How do they always end up with weird looking versions of Windows in movies?
>>
weird looking laptops too
>>
>>60882906
probably just edit the video to make it look like something else, to avoid getting sued. or maybe they use rainmeter or something similar.
>>
>>60882941
in that case, they clearly just change the icon theme
>>
>>60882906
They hire pro ricers straight from /g/. You think we're doing this because we don't have anything better to do?
>>
>>60882993
bullshit, I never see any anime girls or flat minimal "retro" bullshit in the movies
>>
>>60882941
>to avoid getting sued
Yeah, maybe. Althoguh in this series I've seen XP and Win7 (with Aero enabled), both looking normal. Just this laptop is running a frankensteined version of Windows 7 with basic theme.
>>
>>60882993
Ah, now it all makes sense.
>>
I hate so much how I notice all these little things when I watch TV shows that happen to show technology and the video I'm watching is in HD or higher. In OP's pic, the laptop is clearly connected to the Internet via a wired connection, but it doesn't have an Ethernet cable attached to it. And recently, I started rewatching Silicon Valley from Season 1, and I saw Richard making phone calls while the screen of his phone is literally showing a lockscreen on it. He's done it twice now and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>60882906
>windows 7 taskbar
thats weird since better call saul takes place 6 years before breaking bad, which takes place in 2008
>>
>>60883006
That's nothing more than a good training, they're filling their portfolios
>>
I have always thought they're just videos or pictures running on a laptop pretending to be an operative system.
>>
>Breaking Bad

I'm very disappointed. The producer was known for his autistic level of detail and this is just sad.
>>
File: s0c3yxo.png (144KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
s0c3yxo.png
144KB, 500x379px
>>60882941
>probably just edit the video to make it look like something else, to avoid getting sued

>Major film/TV show uses a popular product without getting paid to by sponsers
>Basically free advertising
>Get sued cause, LOL copyrights
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (141KB, 974x669px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
141KB, 974x669px
>>60883030
Ikr, I stopped watching to make this thread

>>60883050
>better call saul takes place 6 years before breaking bad, which takes place in 2008
Lol
>>
Because small tiny text is hard to read on a TV screen. They design custom interface to better show a single feature, and not distract viewers from other info.

Also, it's easier to time it in camera rather than have an actor act, and use a PC at the same time. Most of the time it's a video playing anyway.

There is a explanation about this on YouTube. Something about OS in the film industry
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (396KB, 1934x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
396KB, 1934x1209px
>>60884013
>CPU
>>
>>60884188
>she(male) doesn't open her(male) CPU folder with all the transistors inside
>>
>>60884219
It's actually Yuliya. My name is Юлия.
ю = yu
л = l
и = i
я = ya
>>
>>60883030
If you want it to get even worse, develop an interest in guns.
>>
No point in advertising for Microsoft when they don't pay you. All the brand names you see in films and TV were all paid for by the brand company. Watch a movie from Sony's studio sometimes and you'll notice how they all got Sony electronics prominently displayed.
>>
>>60884604
is that a psvita?
>>
File: 1496756118259.png (416KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496756118259.png
416KB, 1000x1200px
>>60882906
Friendly reminder that they are placing gifs on screens during recording a scene. That's how it works.

Also it is boring to know that the only thing actor does is syncying his movements with the animation on screen, example Mr. Robot.
>>
>>60884604
>No point in advertising for Microsoft when they don't pay you.
Yes, I guess this is more likely than copyright infringement.
>>
>>60884508
Sorry babe, is it better now?
>>
>>60884508
let me be your Romeo, Juliet
>>
>>60884822
better (:

>>60884884
:3
>>
>>60883629
Actually they do that for this very reason. They get paid from companies for product placement, sometimes deals get made and they do that, sometimes they don't and they don't place products to avoid giving away free ads (or they won't get paid again).

If the character needs a car it can be a good car on par with good today standards and it will have good shots and the character will enjoy it or it will be a barely recognizable brand with no functions except from moving people and all the shots will be focused on people and ambient.

They're happy to make this kind of money cause they help with production a lot but they can't afford to give free ads
>>
>>60885892
Can I use your GNU/Linux Computer while sitting on your lap?
>>
>>60883629
sometimes the owner of the copyright is worried that their product was "misrepresented" by not capturing it from the right angle, or some shit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.