[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep getting the "Display driver has stopped responding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cpu-and-gpu.jpg (37KB, 416x285px) Image search: [Google]
cpu-and-gpu.jpg
37KB, 416x285px
I keep getting the "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" a few minutes into every game. My temps seem fine though. Thoughts?
>>
Down load drivers. Disable windows driver auto install, DDU driver clean up to power off. Reseat your GPU. Power up, install drivers. Test again.
>>
>>60882508
Install
>>
>>60882508
Gentoo
>>
>>60882508
GNU/Linux
>>
>>60882508
try another power supply. it can sometimes be the source of problems during high power draw, like when gaming and such. can also remove vid card and, if you have integrated gfx, do something similarly taxing and see if it still shits the bed.
>>
>>60882508
What mouse are you using? Memetastic razor mice can cause these issues when you install the synapse software.
>>
>>60882508
what color are your fans? sometimes the blue ones will do this, while they may keep everything cool, this can cause the system to slow down enough that it won't match the speed requirements for the drivers. try switching them out for some red fans to make everything faster, so you can meet the driver speed requirements
>>
>>60882728
Regular amazon basics mouse
>>60882555
I don't think it's a driver issue since I've tried multiple versions of the drivers, using DDU to clear out old drivers.

This is a GTX 680. I just tried playing the Witcher 3 using the "optimized" settings from the Geforce experience and logging stats on GPU - Z. I wasn't getting what I think of as artifacting or screen tearing, but swathes of the screen would occasionally flash black.

About 5 minutes in, the game crashed, but I didn't get the display driver error. I checked the logs, and the game crashed when the GPU was at 83C, fan speed 64% and 2610 RPM. Is this normal? Does it indicate a thermal issue? Are the fans not spinning as fast as they're supposed to?

Also, the GPU usage was at 99% pretty much for all 5 minutes the game was running. Is this normal? I'm using only one monitor, running at 1920x1080.
>>
>>60882932
do you have a spare psu around? try changing that, though because it's an old card it's probably just reaching end of life. could be not getting enough power because psu is similarly old and fucking up whenever it gets taxed hard by the gpu, causing gpu to crash
>>
>>60883309
I'll try that.

To complicate things further, I tried using benchmark softwares, and the GPU is regularly going above 87-89 degrees without crashing.
>>
>>60883525
that should be the upper limit of working as intended but it is a tad high, maybe see if there's dust to blow out or screws to tighten the heatsink on the card. it's an old card, so should probably consider saving up for a new one sometime incase it decides to fry itself

a 1050ti or 1060 6gb version would be good options to look at on a budget, since the rest of your system is probably from the same era and won't make as big an impact to gaming when upgrading.
>>
>>60883658
I am inclined to go AMD after this bullshit. I built this system in 2013, surely 4 years can't be the expected lifespan??
>>
>>60883658
Also, this is bizarre but it seems my desktop PC has a "power options" menu, and I changed it from "balanced" to "high performance."

Witcher 3 ran for 15 minutes now, again running at 83-84 degrees. Somehow, the fan doesn't seem to be going above 64%
>>
>>60883525
you can reapply thermal paste, it can make a few degrees difference with older cards
>>
File: 1480993258691.jpg (22KB, 477x318px)
1480993258691.jpg
22KB, 477x318px
>>>/wsr/
install Gentoo
>>
>>60884173
my 5770 was good for around that time
amd isn't an option in many places because miners have bought all of them
>>60884223
hot stuff
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.